• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

MastAndo

Gold Member
Oooh, combat records, let's have a looksie...

wmEwvuY.gif

anthony2690

Banned
How does the token system work? I have 51 tokens, can I save them for the next battle pass? Or must I use them on this one? As I got 50 skips with the £30 bundle that have me extra characters and the first battle pass etc

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Anyone’s social list/friend list (F2) on PC broken i.e., when you click onto your friends list the game boots you back to the main menu?

splattered

Oooh, combat records, let's have a looksie...

wmEwvuY.gif

Hahaha same i was like ohhh lets check it out. I think i have a 0.97 KD? Ugh..

How does the token system work? I have 51 tokens, can I save them for the next battle pass? Or must I use them on this one? As I got 50 skips with the £30 bundle that have me extra characters and the first battle pass etc

I would like to know this as well. Also i may wait a while to see if anyone makes an unlock priority list or something for better items first? If that's even gonna be a thing... haha i dunno

Somehow i have 52 tokens. Oh looks like it made me prestige automatically and i unlocked a cool emblem... which i cant find anywhere to equip? Sigh.

I can't crossplay with my son? I'm on ps5 and he on PC. When I try to invite him there is a lock on his profile. When he tries it from pc it say he does not have permissions to crossplay. Help?

I played a round of DMZ. It was pretty good, like Baby's First Tarkov. I was having a good time until a heli dropped a fuck ton of AI's that blasted me into the etherverse. Seems like this mode is made for 2+ player squads, and going solo is a death sentence.

Rossco EZ

gonna stick to multiplayer for a few days i think, warzone looks terrible once you get into a match. grass and trees don’t load in properly like the draw distance is horrendous tbh, game looks blurry af. visually it’s looking worse than warzone 1 imo. normal multiplayer still looks fine. can’t open social panel keeps sending me back to main screen everytime i try to open it.

I played a round of DMZ. It was pretty good, like Baby's First Tarkov. I was having a good time until a heli dropped a fuck ton of AI's that blasted me into the etherverse. Seems like this mode is made for 2+ player squads, and going solo is a death sentence.
Can you play DMZ solo to make sure you get that special gun? I'm up for a challenge if it's possible.

Can you play DMZ solo to make sure you get that special gun? I'm up for a challenge if it's possible.
I'm not really sure. I hopped on solo because I didn't want to be paired with a rando and drag them down. I will play with a few IRL friends soon, but I just wanted to try it out. I'm not even sure what special gun you're talking about, but now I wanna know lol

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I'm not really sure. I hopped on solo because I didn't want to be paired with a rando and drag them down. I will play with a few IRL friends soon, but I just wanted to try it out. I'm not even sure what special gun you're talking about, but now I wanna know lol
As of now its the only way to get the M13 you have to kill an NPC and extract with the gun.

Sadly only the person holding the gun actually gets it and everyone else in your group has to keep rerunning it until you all pick it up and extract with it.

Or just wait until later in the season and buy it in a store bundle

As of now its the only way to get the M13 you have to kill an NPC and extract with the gun.

Sadly only the person holding the gun actually gets it and everyone else in your group has to keep rerunning it until you all pick it up and extract with it.

Or just wait until later in the season and buy it in a store bundle
That seems like a good grind to do with friends, honestly. Just each take turns being the one to extract with the gun, kind of like old style MMOs. Doesn't sound too bad to me, honestly.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
That seems like a good grind to do with friends, honestly. Just each take turns being the one to extract with the gun, kind of like old style MMOs. Doesn't sound too bad to me, honestly.
Was just texting with a friend who says they found a little easier way is once one person in your group has extracted with it and owns it the next DMZ you play that person can drop it right before extraction and someone else in the group can pick it up there and that lets them keep it.

Then once two have it they both drop it and the remaining two can pick those up

Was just texting with a friend who says they found a little easier way is once one person in your group has extracted with it and owns it the next DMZ you play that person can drop it right before extraction and someone else in the group can pick it up there and that lets them keep it.

Then once two have it they both drop it and the remaining two can pick those up
lmao, that's a less stressful way to do it, but very efficient.

I got off work and was excited to play some Warzone, but as soon as I saw Shoot House in the featured matchmaking tile, that shit went right out the window. I’ve spent my time leveling weapons, warzone can wait.

jaysius

Banned
I liked DMZ a lot, only me and a random and I made out like a bandit with a bunch of kills (a few real players) and this could be a new mainstay for me
I just wish players knew what the fuck is going on , it's pretty bad when everyone scatters looking for other enemies.

This is the devs fault for not explaining it in a forced tutorial.

GladiusFrog

Almost had a rage moment, Had great loot. Gold Bars, Gold Skulls, badass weapon. Extract is at the Airport, I got this.... so I systematically kill all the NPC's off and wait for the incoming Heli.

Then the frame-rate dies, I think the game is going to crash.... it recovers I'm all good! Heli is here time to make a break for it. NOPE! All the AI I just killed? All respawned back at the same time and light me up... I lose everything.

Sincerely, Fuck you AI.

robot-lasers.gif

TexMex

Anyone else unable to pull up the invite friends list? I hit R3, it briefly shows to be fetching and just goes back to the main menu. My number of friends online is showing properly, just can’t pull up the invite menu for some reason.

welp. ive played 4 matches. 1 solo normal game. and 3 of the 3rd person mode ones.

and boy is this one miserable fckn experience so far. Shooting is great. In third person i love the look of the characters. but i really dislike the looting and map so far. And my loud af footsteps. Yet someone just ran up on me full speed and i didn't hear a thing.

i really dislike the first Warzone. And im not sure if this is worse or not. but im leaning towards it. At the very least its not much better at all.

im still mad that Blackout wasn't the one that got popular

Last edited:
welp. ive played 4 matches. 1 solo normal game. and 3 of the 3rd person mode ones.

and boy is this one miserable fckn experience so far. Shooting is great. In third person i love the look of the characters. but i really dislike the looting and map so far. And my loud af footsteps. Yet someone just ran up on me full speed and i didn't hear a thing.

i really dislike the first Warzone. And im not sure if this is worse or not. but im leaning towards it. At the very least its not much better at all.

im still mad that Blackout wasn't the one that got popular
Real talk, Blackout was really good and fun. Simpler times. I also really liked the sound effects more than Modern Warfare/Warzone.

I haven't played COD since the original modern warfare 2 on PS3. That was the last COD game I actually bought.

I have been loving modern warfare 2 third person mosh pit.

I just tried a round of third person Warzone 2.0. No idea what I'm doing. Can barely find any enemies. The map is too big. There's no objective other than to survive? I don't see the appeal.

I tried the DMZ beta. Killing some dumb AI opponents that were standing around and collected loot. Yawn. I quit the match early.

I'll give warzone and DMZ a few more tries but I don't really see the fun.

Third person mosh pit on the other hand...so addicting.

Top Bottom