• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

GenericUser

It seems as if the game has been updated, but the update is not yet live. I've run into a few lvl56 sweaters, but it seems as if you can't get beyond that level. Fun fact: if you create a local custom game, you can already take a look at the shoothouse map remake. Looks nice imo, much better then the original.

Cyborg

How hard will Warzone 2.0 be for me if I didn't play the MW II game? Not in terms of gameplay but loadout/guns related? Can a veteran explain how big (if any) the disadvantage will be?

How hard will Warzone 2.0 be for me if I didn't play the MW II game? Not in terms of gameplay but loadout/guns related? Can a veteran explain how big (if any) the disadvantage will be?

Warzone 2 will be same as Warzone 1. I mean not like MW2 is a vastly different game mechanic from MW 2019. Its just new map and new weapons/perks.

Cyborg

Warzone 2 will be same as Warzone 1. I mean not like MW2 is a vastly different game mechanic from MW 2019. Its just new map and new weapons/perks.
But I understood upgraded guns from MWII can be selected in Warzone 2.0.. I mean that doesn't seem fair and makes the game for me challenging.

But I understood upgraded guns from MWII can be selected in Warzone 2.0.. I mean that doesn't seem fair and makes the game for me challenging.

Well not sure how that will work out because even if you have your own highest level upgraded gun, just like everybody else you will drop in "naked". Maybe if you run into a specific gun, it will be the top tier for you if you unlocked it but even if you haven't played MW2, as you know you can run into legendary guns randomly so its not like you are more handicapped. If people dropped in right away with an unlocked load out that would be a different story. Probably just load outs.

Last edited:
Well not sure how that will work out because even if you have your own highest level upgraded gun, just like everybody else you will drop in "naked". Maybe if you run into a specific gun, it will be the top tier for you if you unlocked it but even if you haven't played MW2, as you know you can run into legendary guns randomly so its not like you are more handicapped. If people dropped in right away with an unlocked load out that would be a different story. Probably just load outs.
You get your own made loadouts by picking up loadout drops. All guns found on the battlefield are the same for everyone.

it’ll probably take you some time to figure out which weapons work best for you (most people will have logged at least a few dozen hours in multiplayer at this point), but I don’t think you’ll be at any major disadvantage since you can just pick up guns and use those.

The issue you’re going to have is that in this game you can’t unlock all the attachments for one weapon by just using that one weapon. You need to use different guns to unlock various attachments. For example, one of the optics requires you to get a shotgun to level 6.

Another thing is that to unlock most of the weapons, you need to use a specific weapon in the same ‘platform’. Ie. To unlock the MP5, you need to use the Lachman 7.62 and level it up to level 15 (I think). This will take considerable time if you’re only playing Warzone and DMZ.

It all seems like a ploy to get people to buy MW2 if I’m honest.

Rossco EZ

Is it actually live?

As when I looked this morning after the 70gb update it was locked.
not sure, i’m at work right now just came here to see if anyone had played a match yet and see thoughts : D

i just looked, guess it doesn’t come out for a while yet says 7pm UK time

Last edited:
Cant wait for Hardcore/ Tier 1 mode. Been holding off playing too much since I'm used to HC mode. I always stop firing after 2 hits bc usually I'd have the kill, but since its normal mode, I get offed before I can fire again.....

Pakoe

I hate the amount of crashes I get on PC. Hopefully the latest patch will fix this.
It crashed at random moments, so I have no idea what's causing it. Also running the latest drivers etc.

Justin9mm

Warzone is free and because I have MW2 on disc, I still need the disc to play it, this is on PS5. Fucking annoying when I'm playing another game on disc but want to switch to Warzone. I have a Series X and because I don't have MW2 I can play Warzone as a standalone. 🤷‍♂️

Dr Disrespect has been playing on controller. I was surprised to see that.
Yeah and he deleted the game during a stream because he couldn't win. Even with aim assist. Sore loser......
Skip to 5 minutes.

Hardly an example now is he.

Last edited:
Lol. I saw that. He reinstalled it just after. I’ve felt like doing that a bunch of times. 😌
I did it with Red Dead Redemption 2 a week ago. Deleted it in a fit of rage. Then I realised I had to re-download the whole damn thing and it would take me ages..

Then I realised that I moved and now have 350mbit, so the damage wasn't as big. Coming from 50mbit which I still had in my head...

splattered

I just loaded up MW2 and see a message of the day "A class of your own" welcome message saying i just unlocked a prestige pack for Warzone 2.0 for playing Warzone 1.

Yesterday i played some matches against a person that had that purple drop crate weapon attachment, was that already unlockable yesterday?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I just loaded up MW2 and see a message of the day "A class of your own" welcome message saying i just unlocked a prestige pack for Warzone 2.0 for playing Warzone 1.

Yesterday i played some matches against a person that had that purple drop crate weapon attachment, was that already unlockable yesterday?

splattered

Wtf i played quite a bit of WZ1 but haven't played for months now... i got the package with just the one knife. But i'm reading people in the comments section they have friends that barely played at all and got all the rewards. Wtf?

Top Bottom