• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Still no patch for killcam freeze :(

Good thing I'm not done with GoW:R yet, but come on Acti!!

Edit: WTF! So Overkill and Riotshield does not go together. Nice to know! lol

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Finished leveling the Signal. That thing is insane. Still not a fan of snipers but that was a much easier time than the MCPR-300. Some footage of me :)

Its also the first gun I have seen in the game where I would recommend Ammo Piercing, assuming you are playing arcadey 6v6. You don’t need frangible or explosive rounds because its a One Hit Kill 95% of the time anyway. You can genuinely take down Harriers pretty fast since it has a surprisingly high fire rate.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Do the daily challenges affect weapon XP at all? I'm thinking no, but I hit level 55 last night and I'm wondering if there's any incentive to complete them.

I'm surprised no one posted this yet but here's the trailer for the shoot house map:

The reimagined shipment map is coming in December. I wonder if they'll make it Christmas themed like Vanguard did last year. It was fun having a holiday map but they better not bring back Krampus, he can fuck right off.

Edit: never mind it was posted yesterday.

Last edited:

Cyborg

Question;

Can you play Warzone 2.0 without buying MWII? And are you having a big disadvantage cause you didn't level up the guns in the regular MWII online?

Sub_Level

Question;

Can you play Warzone 2.0 without buying MWII? And are you having a big disadvantage cause you didn't level up the guns in the regular MWII online?

Yes and yes. You still level up in Warzone but its significantly slower. The Battle Passes come with a bunch of XP tokens if you spend the $10 or whatever it ends up being.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Question;

WZ2 will be free

I doubt you would be at a huge disadvantage by missing out on MW2 weapons.

The only thing you will miss out on is they have said owners of MW2 will also get an XP boost at the end of every WZ2 match

Finished leveling the Signal. That thing is insane. Still not a fan of snipers but that was a much easier time than the MCPR-300. Some footage of me :)

Its also the first gun I have seen in the game where I would recommend Ammo Piercing, assuming you are playing arcadey 6v6. You don’t need frangible or explosive rounds because its a One Hit Kill 95% of the time anyway. You can genuinely take down Harriers pretty fast since it has a surprisingly high fire rate.

Not sure if you've seen this but its a pretty good breakdown of the ammo types. Sounds like a couple are not worth using in any gun due to the trade offs.

Sub_Level

Not sure if you've seen this but its a pretty good breakdown of the ammo types. Sounds like a couple are not worth using in any gun due to the trade offs.

Interesting. Looks like I was right in Armor Piercing being really nice. Flinch was really noticeable when leveling the snipers, but he says otherwise +P is mostly useless which makes sense.

However, I use all attachments at some point including the awful ones. I cycle through them all when unlocked for variety :)

You guys like leaks? Sure you do. A COD twitter leaker who has been 100% accurate so far got his account suspended this morning for posting some photos of new game modes coming. He previously leaked a lot of DMZ stuff along with audio files and screen shots, Ground War/Invasion before release, season 1 operator bundles (names only), Raids info/screenshots, Maps, etc. I'm actually surprised he didn't get suspended sooner.

I wont post any photos because I don't know NeoGAF's policy on this subject but here are some of the Modes:

New Modes:
  1. Infected
  2. Bounty
  3. Cyber
  4. Plunder
  5. War
  6. War Bomb
New Maps:
  1. Drainage
  2. Observe
  3. Regional
  4. Sunken (half sunken ship)
  5. Oilfield
  6. Shoot House (already announced)
  7. Shipment (already announced)
  8. Highrise
  9. Terminal
  10. Hydro Electric -Ground War Version
DMZ/Raid Bosses:
  1. Chemist
  2. Pyro
  3. Basharah
  4. Armored Commander
  5. Alnarah (Warlord)
  6. Trapper
So I've seen a few list from other leakers of new modes supposedly coming that are longer than this one. I am just posting what this guy found. Also IW could decide to never release some of these modes and maps because lets be real, this game is a work in progress. Also, some of these game modes have been released in other titles so no surprise there. I'm Just sharing info, so don't get mad at me if your favorite map/mode is not on this list. I'm sure the overlords at Activision have some surprises in store, probably season 2 and beyond.

Sub_Level

I like to go out of my way to get noob tube kills even though they suck now. Just because I know it annoys the FUCK out of people.

hanna barbera lol GIF

splattered

Running a shotgun today for the first time just for shits n giggles... And oh man it really pisses everyone off. I couldn't believe some of the younger kids foul mouths. Calling me every name in the book and being racist (even tho I'm white - I run with a muted mic but their assumptions are crazy)

Also, unlocked the 74u and most of the suggested attachments and man I lose a LOT of gun fights. I always seem to need one more bullet than the other guy and die. Repeatedly. It's a good gun, but something about it just feels off. I've done much better with some other ARs.

Last edited:

Valt7786

Interesting. Looks like I was right in Armor Piercing being really nice. Flinch was really noticeable when leveling the snipers, but he says otherwise +P is mostly useless which makes sense.

However, I use all attachments at some point including the awful ones. I cycle through them all when unlocked for variety :)

By flinch being "really noticeable" I'm gonna assume you actually mean, not noticeable at all? 'cause the amount of glints I've thrown 3 hitmarkers at and they've just shrugged it off and killed me is unreal. And not just with the SPR.

Sub_Level

By flinch being "really noticeable" I'm gonna assume you actually mean, not noticeable at all? 'cause the amount of glints I've thrown 3 hitmarkers at and they've just shrugged it off and killed me is unreal. And not just with the SPR.

With the Signal when I got hit while aiming my screen would go haywire and it was usually a lost gunfight. I pretty much had to hit & kill first.

djjinx2

multiplayer is great but I feel like I've been lied to about the 74U.

Also this matchmaking according to your last game's performance is SHIT

~if any americans want the burger king skin code buy me a whopper~
can-someone-send-me-burger-king-code-i-will-send-jack-links-v0-sbh813ey37x91.jpg
Only Americans? Happy to buy you a whopper if not!

chris121580

I’m enjoying this game a lot. Do we think they’ll ever create a mode that removes bunny hopping and jumping immediately into prone? That shit is just ridiculous. Surely there are at least mechanics that can be adjusted to help prevent that

Sub_Level

I’m enjoying this game a lot. Do we think they’ll ever create a mode that removes bunny hopping and jumping immediately into prone? That shit is just ridiculous. Surely there are at least mechanics that can be adjusted to help prevent that

Hardcore mode (aka “Tier 1”) comes out this Wednesday. It tends to draw in slower, more methodical players. You will still have jumpers and such, but its less frequent.

splattered

Actually i may not be able to link youtube videos here? Haha i forget...

Just saw a clip on the Westie youtube channel that clearly shows someone glitching out of the map shooting and killing him

Last edited:

splattered

Awwww man i just started digging through my clips looking for the juicy death chat clips and realized that the xbox doesn't record what the other person is saying on their mic when they die. Ugh, i clipped some amazing freak outs :(

SkylineRKR

Running a shotgun today for the first time just for shits n giggles... And oh man it really pisses everyone off. I couldn't believe some of the younger kids foul mouths. Calling me every name in the book and being racist (even tho I'm white - I run with a muted mic but their assumptions are crazy)

Also, unlocked the 74u and most of the suggested attachments and man I lose a LOT of gun fights. I always seem to need one more bullet than the other guy and die. Repeatedly. It's a good gun, but something about it just feels off. I've done much better with some other ARs.

I do better with the 762, myself. I maxed both guns. I think the 74U is supposed to be modded to an SMG so fast ADS, no stock etc, and in that case I prefer the MP5 (L Sub) or Hurricane.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
DMZ is now tagged as a beta after that event

My first plat camo

FhVmkOoWIAA3MeK
Likely Plat is as far as I go with some of the weapons I enjoy

Love the IU avatar, my alma mater

Might actually have a good basketball team this year, football team getting rolled by OSU atm

Speaking of getting plats dropping this video here so I remember to go get this range finder scope later

Last edited:

splattered

It's funny i feel like both battlefield and COD suffer from a similar problem... selfish players. Neither player bases really want to do anything supportive for their teammates. BF randos never seem to want to revive people even when in the same squad, and COD no one ever wants to shoot down the UAV. Several COD matches ago i bitched about the UAV thing just a little in VC and this dude was like "Well do you expect me to shoot it down with an SMG?" and i said no, but am i the ONLY one on the team that's gotta roll with the PILA to take these things out? He said something snarky and i said welcome. I've had issues with this going back as far as i can remember in the series.

*Also, i am just now trying out Expedite 12 for the first time and put explosive ammo on it... i was straight point blank hitting people 3+ shots and it wouldn't kill them. Switched back over to normal ammo and i can kill again. That ammo just broken?

Last edited:

Sub_Level

It's funny i feel like both battlefield and COD suffer from a similar problem... selfish players. Neither player bases really want to do anything supportive for their teammates. BF randos never seem to want to revive people even when in the same squad, and COD no one ever wants to shoot down the UAV. Several COD matches ago i bitched about the UAV thing just a little in VC and this dude was like "Well do you expect me to shoot it down with an SMG?" and i said no, but am i the ONLY one on the team that's gotta roll with the PILA to take these things out? He said something snarky and i said welcome. I've had issues with this going back as far as i can remember in the series.

*Also, i am just now trying out Expedite 12 for the first time and put explosive ammo on it... i was straight point blank hitting people 3+ shots and it wouldn't kill them. Switched back over to normal ammo and i can kill again. That ammo just broken?

I always put my team before myself! I am often top on the scoreboard despite having less kills because I capture points/go after tags/shoot down streaks. It just takes one person to make a huge difference. Those non-team players are simply one of 3 things

1. Kids.
2. Morons
3. Just focused on leveling/camos.

#3 will die out when they add Shoot the Ship playlist in December. #1 will die out by February. #2 is just part of cod lol

SkylineRKR

It doesn't reward you enough.

I remember in older BF games revive and repair were really good tools to rack up points. There was a lot of revives in BC2 for example, and also BF3/4 still perhaps. I mostly ran Medic or Engineer in old BF. Before all classes lost their identity.

Killstreaks I tend to shoot down. I shot down a VTOL today. Yesterday one crashed on me after I shot it lol. But UAV, to be honest I can't really spot them. In MW2019 I shot them down a lot. Also because there were accomplishments attached to these feats.

Reactions: Isa

Isa

Is there any good defensive tactic against the stupid riot shield? Because I keep ending up in matches with at least two assholes running around like idiots and they're impervious to most anything. They keep ending with 40+ kills lol doing nothing but trolling. Is there some special ammo type I need? It actually managed to ruin the night for me so I bounced off. Facing off against 3+ is suicide and the rest of my team quits lol. Its crazy fast, can take just about any flash, stun etc and none of my shots did anything to it. Even Captain America is probably begging to get one and ditch his. I dislike it more than the bunny hoping, quick drops and dolphin diving.

Sub_Level

Is there any good defensive tactic against the stupid riot shield? Because I keep ending up in matches with at least two assholes running around like idiots and they're impervious to most anything. They keep ending with 40+ kills lol doing nothing but trolling. Is there some special ammo type I need? It actually managed to ruin the night for me so I bounced off. Facing off against 3+ is suicide and the rest of my team quits lol. Its crazy fast, can take just about any flash, stun etc and none of my shots did anything to it. Even Captain America is probably begging to get one and ditch his. I dislike it more than the bunny hoping, quick drops and dolphin diving.

Any launcher will blow them the fuck out. Its hilarious. If you running pistol…then yeah you’re dead son. Run away.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
If they are not running EOD a drill charge will go through it and kill them but like Sub_Level Sub_Level said just run a launcher.

I love editing loadouts on the fly and playing a lot of TDM if we run into a couple of shield users we can force them out of it by just rocketing them

Reactions: Isa

Sub_Level

The Fennec with Doubletap burstfire Mod is extremely lethal. You run out of ammo gery quick tho, so be prepared to switch to secondary or pick up an enemy’s gun.

chris121580

Yeah I feel like SMGs are the way to go in this one. I’m having a lot of luck just sprinting around shooting campers. The MX-9 is awesome. If I go assault rifle, it’s always the Kastov 762. That thing is a beast.

Top Bottom