• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

Mossybrew

Gold Member
Eh, I've left crossplay on because I haven't seen any issues and my lobbies have been 90% console players anyway.

Anyone have any breakdowns on best ammo types? I unlocked incendiary for the RPK over the weekend which sounds cool, but the description just mentions more damage to vehicles, and there's some significant cons. I find myself mostly using basic ammo and freeing up that slot, or armor piercing.

Also lmao at these dudes that think falling down is a solid tactic. I mean sure it works sometimes but mostly I'm just shooting you as you are trying to do your super cool slide move and you die.

Last edited:

GenericUser

I know this is probably a very bad take but i feel like COD would be 100x better if they removed foot tracking and the screen flash mechanic when someone is looking in your direction. It isn't cheating because it's built into the game... but i feel like it shouldnt be there in the first place.
I think you are confusing some things here. Screen flashing when someone is looking in your direction and visible footprints are perks, that you have to select in order to be active. It's not on by default.

Catphish

Played quite a bit the last few days. The nVidia driver hotfix, along with whatever Activision has done, has made the game a lot more stable, thankfully. I still get the occasional game freeze, but I can kill it from systray and relaunch it, so at least it's not crashing my entire machine.

Invasion is a whole lot of fun. Great for farming XP and leveling guns if you have tokens.

I'm not real keen on the unlock system, tho. I shouldn't have to level up 3 or 4 different weapons just to get the attachments for the weapon I want to main. Seems like just another scummy way to keep you playing.

Other than that, not a lot of complaints at the moment. Looking forward to playing more tonight. (y)

Rossco EZ

HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 here’s that game, no audio unfortunately haven't got a clue why. this was a good game until crash, most other games i average around 25 kills.

btw i switched crossplay back on and there’s more snipers now haha, no cheaters but definitely seeing them more since doing that.

8BiTw0LF

Banned

no-russian-call-of-duty.gif

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
So the game crashed 5 times now (4 times when i was on top of the leaderboard with 30+kills) and the environment is constantly flickering white. Great, what a fantastic game.

Well, it's coming out late next year and this is "insider" news.
But after playing MW2 its believable, the lacking content and bugs shows that there is a higher chance that its true.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Jonathan Ferguson, a weapons expert and Keeper of Firearms & Artillery at the Royal Armouries, breaks down more of the weaponry of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022), including the AKS-74U, a suppressed M4 shotgun, and Jonathan’s favourite, the MP5.

00:00 - Opening
00:38 - AKS-74U
02:14 - SA-B 50
03:27 - AR-57
05:06 - 556 Icarus
06:25 - Marlin Model 336
08:15 - Benelli M4 Super 90
09:45 - M16A3
10:29 - HK94A3
12:46 - Smith and Wesson Model 500 (with snake shot)
13:42 - Gepard GM6 Lynx
16:26 - Ending

In the latest video in the Firearm Expert Reacts series, Jonathan Ferguson--a weapons expert and Keeper of Firearms & Artillery at the Royal Armouries--breaks down more of the guns of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022) and compares them to their real-life counterparts.

Sanepar

I'm having a bizarre bug since saturday, can"t find matches on my region only 200+ ping on Steam, on Xbox I get < 40 ms all the time.

Wtf is going on?

//DEVIL//

What is the proper way to friggin exit the game on steam? every time I start the game it says it didn't exist properly when all I do is just go back back back till it asks me if I wanna close and go to the desktop. yet here we are ...

Rossco EZ

Its my biggest complaint about how wildly SBMM swings

I have dropped one nuke and literally two lobbies later this was me as well going like 8-24 in a TDM and the other team could not miss jumping around like the had a million dollars on the line
literally this lobby was like that they were all laser beaming and pre firing corners and stuff lol gg to them i couldn’t keep up at all

Sanepar

I got a shadow ban and I have no idea why. I never cheated in any game. I have paid full price for this crap.

clarky

Gold Member
Its my biggest complaint about how wildly SBMM swings

I have dropped one nuke and literally two lobbies later this was me as well going like 8-24 in a TDM and the other team could not miss jumping around like the had a million dollars on the line
Yep my biggest complaint from 2019 and Black ops and its still the same, fuck knows why they don't address this. I'm not having its player engagement because it makes me want to turn the game off.

That and the squad spawns, shit needs to be toned down significantly, fucking rubbish.

Sort these 2 points out and it would be gravy.

GladiusFrog

Eh, I've left crossplay on because I haven't seen any issues and my lobbies have been 90% console players anyway.

Anyone have any breakdowns on best ammo types? I unlocked incendiary for the RPK over the weekend which sounds cool, but the description just mentions more damage to vehicles, and there's some significant cons. I find myself mostly using basic ammo and freeing up that slot, or armor piercing.

Also lmao at these dudes that think falling down is a solid tactic. I mean sure it works sometimes but mostly I'm just shooting you as you are trying to do your super cool slide move and you die.
Anything that's 7.62 and armor piercing is what I roll with.

Last edited:
I'm not real keen on the unlock system, tho. I shouldn't have to level up 3 or 4 different weapons just to get the attachments for the weapon I want to main. Seems like just another scummy way to keep you playing.
Actually its a great system for unlocking guns because it prevents people jumping into the game and right away get an MP5 and actually make you work for your gun and not just free handout for people that are extremely familiar with just one gun. Evens the playfield and more importantly the devs make you play with other guns you'd probably never even chose to play ever.

splattered

I think you are confusing some things here. Screen flashing when someone is looking in your direction and visible footprints are perks, that you have to select in order to be active. It's not on by default.
No I know people have to select them, I just think they shouldn't be in the game period.

cormack12

Gold Member
Are the stats not up yet? Mobile app and actual website not showing anyway.

Saw a guy go 54/1 yday. TMPN or summat, was a beast.

splattered

My favorite loadout right now is the Lockwood MK2 and Side Impact full auto pistol weee

*What's a good loadout for the Lockwood as i get things unlocked? Running with just a red dot sight right now

Last edited:

apowhungo

multiplayer is great but I feel like I've been lied to about the 74U.

Also this matchmaking according to your last game's performance is SHIT

~if any americans want the burger king skin code buy me a whopper~
can-someone-send-me-burger-king-code-i-will-send-jack-links-v0-sbh813ey37x91.jpg

Last edited:

Emedan

can-someone-send-me-burger-king-code-i-will-send-jack-links-v0-sbh813ey37x91.jpg
Don't say that, I'm working towards the 74u. Man we never get promotions like that in Sweden :messenger_tears_of_joy:

TheZink

I don’t like the 74u at all. I can’t figure out what the fuss is about.

Last night I figured out 2 ways to avoid SBMM affecting your experience, regardless of how sweaty your lobby is, you will do good 80% of the time.

1. Camp like a bitch.
2. Play Ground War and stay in a tank the majority of the time, like a bitch.

If I want to play the way I normally play, which is to move around, hold some positions, play objectives etc. it’s a miserable experience half of the time, I really hope they turn down the SBMM algorithm with the next update or when ranked releases. I could load up any COD from the past 15 years and once I get back into the groove I can do relatively well, because I’ve been playing these games for so long that I’m decent enough. With all of those games combined my k/d average is probably about 1.4, I play the objective, win percentage is usually around 60-65%. Here I go 22-6 in one match, it means the next four or five is getting my face absolutely kicked in, predictably. Where is the fun in that?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

The 74U just melts people for me and by far is my favorite AR as I close in on getting plat for the ARs

Was listening to the streamer Timthetatman a few days ago and he said its sort of a gentlemans agreement between COD pros that gun is off limits when they play together

Last night I figured out 2 ways to avoid SBMM affecting your experience, regardless of how sweaty your lobby is, you will do good 80% of the time.

1. Camp like a bitch.
2. Play Ground War and stay in a tank the majority of the time, like a bitch.

If I want to play the way I normally play, which is to move around, hold some positions, play objectives etc. it’s a miserable experience half of the time, I really hope they turn down the SBMM algorithm with the next update or when ranked releases. I could load up any COD from the past 15 years and once I get back into the groove I can do relatively well, because I’ve been playing these games for so long that I’m decent enough. With all of those games combined my k/d average is probably about 1.4, I play the objective, win percentage is usually around 60-65%. Here I go 22-6 in one match, it means the next four or five is getting my face absolutely kicked in, predictably. Where is the fun in that?
For me with slower reflexes then I used to have at 55 I can still put up nice games while camping as well though my "camping" involves moving really slowly and relocating slightly after getting a kill or two.

I remember the good old days when my k/d playing solo I could keep around a 3.0 now mine too is lucky if I am over 1.0

I can keep SBMM in check if I have a really good game or two I know the next few are going to be rough so I work on getting kills with rocket launchers or something stupid

I know I hurt my team going like 5-25 but I need those leveled as well eventually

I know I hurt my team going like 5-25 but I need those leveled as well eventually
That’s not even your fault though, you can blame the strict algorithm for that.

Just to clarify, I have nothing against campers and do not think they are bitches, lol. I camp from time to time because I just want a more chill experience. All play styles are valid, you play how you want to play, the real bitch here is the SBMM.

What I’m getting at though, is that this game rewards camping above other play styles it seems. Footsteps are insanely loud, silencers do nothing, ghost still shows you on the mini map if you’re shooting your gun, even if you have a silencer, activating dead silence results in you beeping for everyone to hear. It’s weird.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
That’s not even your fault though, you can blame the strict algorithm for that.

Just to clarify, I have nothing against campers and do not think they are bitches, lol. I camp from time to time because I just want a more chill experience. All play styles are valid, you play how you want to play, the real bitch here is the SBMM.

What I’m getting at though, is that this game rewards camping above other play styles it seems. Footsteps are insanely loud, silencers do nothing, ghost still shows you on the mini map if you’re shooting your gun, even if you have a silencer, activating dead silence results in you beeping for everyone to hear. It’s weird.
The game for sure rewards camping and very slow movement as indoors especially whenever I move I am always ADS as I like to play more tactically as I have never seen these real world special forces people bunny hop into a room and hip fire their guns :)

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
This has to be the most unfun MP experience I've ever had. Quickplay feels like playing Destiny 2 comp.
How so? Are you getting rocked? Not trying to be a dick just curious what you don't like about it, because it's my favorite non-BR MP since MW2019
I’ve only skimmed the thread but I came to say “is anyone else really underwhelmed with the MP maps?” and it seems like a few are.

I don’t get how maps like Taraq made it in - it looks unfinished and there didn’t seem to be any flow to the combat at all- it was just a clusterfuck and not a fun one. Am I way off on this?
Nope, not on Taraq, at least. That map makes no sense to me, for the reason you said
Everyone is sleeping on the Harrier. You can get a LOT of kills.

The game’s story is just anti-PMC, which is a pretty safe position I’d say. Shepard is just a slightly different portrayal of the same villain from the 2009 original.

I thought Shepherd was a realistic villain in 2022's. An actual patriot who made one bad call that grew and grew into something larger and worse with the cover up.

The PMC leader was a straight up cartoon character by the end though lol

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Can you actually play the campaign in 3rd person now? If this ever hits GP I guess I'll actually try it.

Keep your eyes and ears peeled today, supposedly we're getting a Warzone and DMZ info dump officially. Also info on the Season One Battle Pass and new maps.

I personally can't wait for some new maps as I wore all these ones out already!

clarky

Gold Member
Keep your eyes and ears peeled today, supposedly we're getting a Warzone and DMZ info dump officially. Also info on the Season One Battle Pass and new maps.

I personally can't wait for some new maps as I wore all these ones out already!
8pm GMT i think the rumour was.

Mossybrew

Gold Member
What I’m getting at though, is that this game rewards camping above other play styles it seems.
In my experience, it definitely does in Ground War and Invasion. Regular 6v6 matches, straight up camping is not as effective, but yeah being more slow and cautious usually is. I still find that most players in my 6v6 playlists are running around like maniacs.

How so? Are you getting rocked? Not trying to be a dick just curious what you don't like about it, because it's my favorite non-BR MP since MW2019

Nope, not on Taraq, at least. That map makes no sense to me, for the reason you said

I thought Shepherd was a realistic villain in 2022's. An actual patriot who made one bad call that grew and grew into something larger and worse with the cover up.

The PMC leader was a straight up cartoon character by the end though lol
I'm not a good cod player. That's all.

Top Bottom