• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brad, Vinny, and Alex all leaving Giant Bomb

Grechy34

IMO the other 3 leaving and getting replaced by Grubb, Bakalar and appearances by Ryckert, O'Dwyer, Lucy and Tamoor means I'm much more interested in Giant Bomb.

The other 3 were so pretentious and not especially gifted in terms of comedy or games analysis. Most of the time they were a wet rag. Especially Alex with Brad running a close second. I'm sure that working for a big company that didn't perfectly align with their social values also got their panties in a bunch when Jeff is stuck making the best of things like most adults. Nextlanders is an easy avoid for me personally.

How anyone can enjoy listening to Alex Navarro is beyond me?

Gerstmann has been the rotten, bad apple for years with his manchild tantrums. Now with a second kid on the way, he's about to sell his house that he loves talking about for at least $1 million to some dumbass that wants to live in a wildfire zone that's been getting exponentially more dangerous over the past decade. He doesn't give a fuck who he brings on(which is more boring ass people). He hates video games(and its userbase) and now he's making a lot of money while doing it.

Giant Bomb released a video, talking about the site's future.

Here's how things were summarized in the YouTube description section.
•••We’re teaming up with some of our favorite people for a new set of shows. Look forward in the coming weeks and months for series from people like GameSpot’s Tamoor Hussain and Lucy James, Jeff Grubb, NoClip’s Danny O’Dwyer, and the Internet’s own Dan Ryckert!
•••We are also in talks with more contributors and will have new announcements in the coming weeks and months, so stay tuned!
•••We’ll also be looking for full-time employees to help us produce high-quality #Content in-house!

I read this direction a bit differently than how the video and description are pitching things, but who knows, maybe it will just be a core crew creating something that resembles old Giant Bomb, with random freelancers doing whatever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom