• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor) SEGA Might Be Bringing Back MORE Classic IP!

What other companies would you like to see bring back some legacy IP (choose any)?

• Sony (Wipeout, Legend of Dragoon, Parappa, Motor Toon, Dark Cloud, G Police, Ape Escape etc.)

Votes: 65 42.8%
  • Microsoft (Leisure Suit Larry, Gabriel Knight, Jet Force Gemini, Kameo etc.)

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Nintendo (Earthbound, Doshin the Giant, Eternal Darkness etc.)

Votes: 42 27.6%
  • Bandai-Namco (Ridge Racer, Dancing Eyes, Mr. Digger, Time Crisis etc.)

Votes: 40 26.3%
  • Square-Enix (Parasite Eve, Einhander, Brave Fencer Mushashi, ActRaiser, etc.)

Votes: 67 44.1%
  • Capcom (Power Stone, Dino Crisis, Onimusha, Marvel vs. Capcom, etc.)

Votes: 81 53.3%
  • Konami (Castlevania, Snatcher, World Evolution Soccer etc.)

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • Treasure (Gunstar Heroes, Sin & Punishment, Silhouette Mirage, Mischief Makers, Alien Soldier etc.)

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • SNK/ADK (Metal Slug, Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer, Ikari Warriors, The Last Blade, etc.)

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • Other (mention them below)

Votes: 8 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gunstarhero

Virtua Fighter is an easy win for them - if done right. Tekken out there killing it, there’s no reason why the OG king of 3d fighters shouldn’t have a game this gen.

Personally, I want a new Phantasy Star RPG, but that’s probably a bad idea, as it would be a significant investment to compete with the likes of FF - and would likely sell well below expectations at best.

Virtua Fighter is an easy win for them - if done right. Tekken out there killing it, there’s no reason why the OG king of 3d fighters shouldn’t have a game this gen.

Personally, I want a new Phantasy Star RPG, but that’s probably a bad idea, as it would be a significant investment to compete with the likes of FF - and would likely sell well below expectations at best.

I think a new Phantasy Star in the style of the classic ones could work if it's more like Square-Enix's HD Remasters for games like Live-a-Live or Chrono Trigger. Games that visually play into their nostalgia but with enough modern visual flourishes to catch the eye. A new Phantasy Star doesn't have to be a FF VII Remake-style extravaganza, the IP doesn't even have anywhere near the nostalgia or popularity of that game to warrant such a scope in the first place.

But that doesn't mean it isn't worth bringing back. I'm just curious how they could continue the traditional story after Phantasy Star IV. As for VF, yeah that's due for a comeback. They have the new VF3 machines in Japan which is cool, but I hope for a new VF6 proper, SEGA take inspiration from not just games like Tekken & Street Fighter (in terms of injecting more personality and story into the characters & game), but also racing sims like the GT series, but do that for the martial arts aspects.

And while it seems crazy, even comb some of the good features in otherwise forgotten & average fighters like Fighter's Destiny on N64, which had a points-based combat system inspired by actual martial arts tournaments. It'd be cool for that to come back and perfected with the VF touch.

Crew511A

Or at least a Virtua Fighter compilation. Sega seems to love these collections so much, let's branch off from the same 16-Bit games and see what happens.

Who cares about that frigid bland poney face loser with no emotions...😬

Shenmue 0 should be the story of daddy's boy Iwao having a blast in Las Vegas, Bangkok, visiting a shit load of whorehouses and who, half drunken, fucked the wife of a chinese cuck after killing him.

At least half of that sounds like it could be the plot for Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth o.0

It is a bloody crime that Final Tuned has no home release.

Doesn't Ultimate Showdown include the fixes and stuff from Final Tuned but comes with the updated graphics?

Papa_Wisdom

I just want them to announce if/ what there next mini console is! They did that survey with the mega drive mini 2 when it came out.

I’d personally buy any of them.

Intact they get 2 sales out of me as I bought both the western and japanese versions of both the mega drives they’ve released, along with 2 versions of all the accessory packs they’ve release.

Bloody hell just having a quick look the mega drive mini has shot up in price!!

Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom