• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Kil lThe Justice League: No Review Codes were sent to reviewers.

M.W.

As of this writing, five days before public early access begins, indications are that Warner Bros. Games has yet to make the game available to any members of the gaming press. We Got This Covered hasn't received a code. I've checked with my contacts elsewhere in the gaming press and they haven't received a code. In yesterday's Giant Bomb's 'Game Mess Mornings' podcast host Jeff Grubb said: "It's out in a week and I don't know anyone that has a review code for it." Co-host Lucy James said she hadn't heard of anyone who has a review copy, either. It's possible that other outlets already have copies and are keeping quiet about it, but everything I've seen indicates not.
As a vague rule of thumb, reviewers can usually expect to receive a code roughly two weeks before the official launch, giving us enough time to appreciate and complete a title without having to rush through it to meet the deadline of the embargo dropping. One could argue that Rocksteady Studios needs time to make last-minute tweaks before sending the review codes out, though the game has already been delayed a year, so we'd expect it to be polished by now. Similarly, perhaps the online framework needs to be in place before launch, though this didn't stop similarly online-focused games like Exoprimal from sending their review codes out in good time.
What this means is that reviewers won't have time to properly play Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League before its release next week. Reviews that land on the embargo will be rushed, and we suspect many outlets will be forced to delay publishing their opinions until after the launch weekend.

If you were awaiting reviews, WAIT LONGER

Last edited:

gothmog

Gold Member
Didn't they do a media event recently where people trashed it? Why would you send out review codes after that?

ZoukGalaxy

They're going to send suicide squads to deliver the review code.

Suicide Squad Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Anyway, this "game" is going to have the same fate as Gotham Knights and Saint Row woke reboot:

pile GIF

Last edited:

Nydius

Can't say I'm shocked after the absolutely scathing previews the game got. I can't think of a game that got previewed so negatively in recent times. Not even Redfall. Of course, one could also argue that not providing review codes only validates the negative previews.

Draugoth

Gold Member
unnamed-29.jpg

Rocksteady Studios’ long anticipated Arkhamverse sequel Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League will be available to play for those who have preordered it on Jan 30, and to the public at large on its official release date of Feb. 2.

As of this writing, five days before public early access begins, indications are that Warner Bros. Games has yet to make the game available to any members of the gaming press. We Got This Covered hasn’t received a code. I’ve checked with my contacts elsewhere in the gaming press and they haven’t received a code. In yesterday’s Giant Bomb’s ‘Game Mess Mornings’ podcast host Jeff Grubb said: “It’s out in a week and I don’t know anyone that has a review code for it.”

Co-host Lucy James said she hadn’t heard of anyone who has a review copy, either. It’s possible that other outlets already have copies and are keeping quiet about it, but everything I’ve seen indicates not.

So what does this mean? Well, if reviewers don’t have a copy, the period in which to evaluate the game in rapidly diminishes. Suicide Squad is sounding like a 20 hour+ game, and getting to grips with the multiple characters and systems within it will take time that reviewers now might not have.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Ah yes, the coward’s move.

Nothing exudes confidence in a game like not sending out review copies before a game is released.
Better than being selective with who get a code early. Sad to see the game being sent to die and hopefully the studio won't die with it.

FeralEcho

Suicide Squad Kill Rocksteady

So sad to see all this unfold...One of my favourite studios wasted for 8 years on a gaas project no one wants and no one asked for.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
WB gonna WB.....hope it dies a painful, slow death

Edit- These fuckers have ruined MK too, and i hope somehow NRS can get away from WB. Seems like WB is the problem here now with this game too and Rocksteady will suffer no doubt because of WB

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I still plan to get it day one on Tuesday but it sucks I can’t learn ps5 performance and pc performance prior to picking it up. :/

dorkimoe

What’s unfortunate is this will result in dev layoffs when it’s the leadership who most likely pushed for a lot of these bad decisions

cormack12

Gold Member
When you have a product that is gonna sell millions of copies in the first hour of release, you don't need reviews.

intbal

Once WB shuts down Rocksteady, they should contract a 3rd party to make the next Batman game.
I recommend Don't Nod. They're independent, they have experience with melee-combat action games as well as platformers, and they have skilled writers.
And as soon as they begin production, WB should stay the hell away from them until the game is finished.

Hero_Select

I was actually considering getting it but this is a big "nope" from me. I can always pick it up a month later when it's $30 if I'm really itching to see the story

Z O N E

We should take a poll on which games journalist gives it a high review score.

I hope we see a couple of 80s just so I can watch the gaming world burn.

MiguelItUp

Yeah, I wish this game was more than it appears to be. The trajectory it's flying it definitely seems mid AF, if that. Looking at it in motion gives me SLIGHTLY better vibes than Gotham Knights did, but not by much. GK dropped in price SO quickly, I can't imagine this won't either.

The reviews will be really interesting to see, lol.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I was holding out the slimmest of hopes that this game may be fun given how much I loved the past Rocksteady games, but oof.

Top Bottom