• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brad, Vinny, and Alex all leaving Giant Bomb

scraz

Had to happen some day but I'm surprised they are getting out now with this Covid shit still going on. I look forward to more jeff playing mister shit.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
So, Giant Bomb is over then?

Not in a harsh way, I still have some residual fondness for the site, but what's left? Jeff, another Jeff who doesn't even technically work for them (I think), two people who should never ever be on camera (Jason/Rory) and... Jan, who's nice, but I'm not going to that guy for my video game opinion pieces.

Really, just mercy kill it. Call it a day. Have Gerstmann do some kind of solo project now because that's exactly what everyone's going to be going to the site for.

SJRB

Gold Member
End of an era indeed.

I haven't really been watching GB for quite some time because I felt they went a different way than I did in terms of view on videogames, but they're still a hallmark team.

I hope my boy Jeff will be allright.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Haven't watched GB in years but that was the only game site I went to for the longest.

Weird that they're all leaving. I have faith in Jeff though, his judgement has been spot on and has been consistently ahead of the curve in regard to creating things that become the norm.

Ln4T9Ko.png

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I’m heart broken. Not gonna lie. Been there from day one. It’s over. Jeff must be sorting something out before he sells? Or goes I dunno. It just seems weird. What’s happened.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
YO!!!!!!! So that's the end of GiantBomb then. Jeff isn't enough to hold it together. I wonder what happened.

ZeroGravity

Writing was on the wall. Site's been in decline for some time now. Kind of a shame they never got a chance to get back together because of covid, but this was probably the right call to make for them.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Surprised it took this long tbh.

Not sure we are allowed to discuss GB on GAF though...

Not much left to discuss after today it seems.

Anyway, I will miss these guys. Truth be told it's all been downhill since RD passed. Dan brought it back to life for a bit but when he left it has all been pretty bad. I just hope Jeff lands on his feet.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Oh yeah, saw today that Gerstmann is having another kid. I think it's time. Close the door on GB before it fizzles out into nothing.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Man that sucks, I canned my sub when they were bought out (still good till November). Had a feeling stuff would change.

No fault on there part but this covid thing really hurt there content. Kinda turned into an amateur YouTube channel.

Good luck with what ever they do next.

Loved the basement days. Loved the Whiskey Media days and held on a little after we lost Ryan Davis. It was amazing and fun watching Jeff and everyone build the site up after they left Gamespot. I was getting married around the same time Ryan did. I had my first kid when Vinny did. They all have a very special place in my heart.

MiguelItUp

That's a shame. Though I'll be honest, I haven't kept up with GB in the past several years. I felt like something was missing.

I kept on listening and watching for quite awhile after Ryan died. I still think they did an excellent job through and through for a long time. But then I noticed I just kind of let go, not really sure why, unfortunately. Though I think it may have had something to do with a lot of the new blood, because I honestly don't think I cared too much for them.

Well, I wish them all the best. We'll continue to see them in some way, shape, or form of course. So we'll just have to see how this all evolves for everyone.

Last edited:

BigBooper

Just leaves Jeff, Jan, Rorie, and Jason. I'm actually really curious where they go from here but damn I listened to their podcasts week in week out no matter how bad they got.
Except for Jason, this could turn out to be interesting for a few months before they shutter it. I used to like watching Rorie troll everyone and Brad, Vinny, and Alex have all had their personality slowly shaved away for years. Interesting

sn0man

I heard about Abby but didn’t realize Ben left. I’m a few months behind on the bombcast. Brad and Vinny cuts pretty deep. I kinda hope they and Jeff form something new.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Loved the basement days. Loved the Whiskey Media days and held on a little after we lost Ryan Davis. It was amazing and fun watching Jeff and everyone build the site up after they left Gamespot. I was getting married around the same time Ryan did. I had my first kid when Vinny did. They all have a very special place in my heart.
I spent a summer in a college town where it was virtually empty and I had nothing to do during my off days. The Persona 4 ER was going on at that time and helped make time tolerable. Great memories from them early on.

SCB3

I've been a fan since day 1 and this is obviously upsetting news, the writing was on the wall since they were bought out by Red Ventures though, sad to see it go, I'm not interested on a new GB tbh

It's been a ride though, some great moments that are always fun to go back to

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I think Giant Bomb was on borrowed time as soon as CBSi sold them. I'm definitely interested in seeing where Brad and Vinny wind up. I'll follow their content if they stick around in the gaming industry.

buenoblue

End of an era. Giant bomb is the only thing I've ever subscribed too apart from netflix. Though it's been coming, there output lately has been sparse and pretty drab. Hope all the guys land on there feet. Sure they will. I'll watch Jeff do anything, even clean out his garage( while not really cleaning it out).

After listening to the bomcast and watching there vids for more than 8 years I feel like these guys were my friends and it's the only site that I respected there opions. I've bin through ups and downs in my own life in that time and there friendly voices kept me going though some hard times.

If there's any chance they read this I'd like to say a genuine thankyou guys. It's been totally worth it and I truly felt like I found like-minded people, being in my 40s myself.

Again thank you so much and a giant salute to you and your future.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I think Giant Bomb was on borrowed time as soon as CBSi sold them. I'm definitely interested in seeing where Brad and Vinny wind up. I'll follow their content if they stick around in the gaming industry.

I think Vinny is done with podcasting and being in front of a camera. He has been talking about it for a while. He has years of video editing experience to fall back on so he won't have a problem finding work.

Brad on the other hand, who the fuck knows.

Bragr

Banned
The same happened to Game Informer and Game Trailers, all the smaller sites are getting gutted because they aren't profitable. They are hotspots for hardcore fans but the business side makes the owners abandon them because they are never gonna become big like IGN or GameSpot.

Everyone seems to go to YouTube and Patreon.

supernova8

Banned
I enjoyed their launch extravaganzas for the respective consoles. Always good marathons and they always (used to, at least) tell it like it is.

When Kyle Bosman left EZA it was the same thing, just not interesting anymore.

Top Bottom