• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Microsoft Mistakenly Posts Secret Game Plans to Government Site

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Christmas came early this year.
ynFRc3F.jpg

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs

Buggy Loop

Someone enlighten me but, wherever it was uploaded to government, it's not public files and they all have highly confidential markings. Who thought it was something they could leak publicly anyway?

hepfom

Someone enlighten me but, wherever it was uploaded to government, it's not public files and they all have highly confidential markings. Who thought it was something they could leak publicly anyway?
the website was a public website intended to give the public access to evidence during the trial. It should've been redacted by Microsoft.

Edit:
It sounds like the cover letter was what was supposed to be uploaded.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
To be honest all I want is for Satya to pull the plug on this division and for Microsoft to get out of gaming.

The way they flippantly list these companies to buy like they are browsing in the fruit and veg isle, they don’t care about integration or cultural differences, it’s very pathetic.

Phil’s ‘getting Nintendo would be a career moment (for me)’ just shows what an arrogant self centred man he is.

splattered

Apparently it was handled by the AI research team. But what the hell were they doing with all this info? The fact that this was an internal leak is mind boggling. Who am I going to blame for the fact that Microsoft and Xbox do not have proper controls on incredibly sensitive internal corporate data? Damn right I'm blaming management.

Ahh i was wondering if this was related to the AI research breach... lmao crazy.

graywolf323

To be honest all I want is for Satya to pull the plug on this division and for Microsoft to get out of gaming.

The way they flippantly list these companies to buy like they are browsing in the fruit and veg isle, they don’t care about integration or cultural differences, it’s very pathetic.

Phil’s ‘getting Nintendo would be a career moment (for me)’ just shows what an arrogant self centred man he is.
just further demonstrating that he’s just the ultimate used car salesman, I’ll never understand the cult of personality around him

What they said?

DUhoZVA.png

Basically the idea would be to silently acquire Nintendo stock over time and then swoop in the next time they have another hardware crisis via a hostile takeover. Nintendo is cash rich and has been buying back stock in large clips these past couple years so this is all a pipe dream at this point, but this email exchange will be enough to cause some major tension regardless.

Cyberpunkd

DUhoZVA.png

Basically the idea would be to silently acquire Nintendo stock over time and then swoop in the next time they have another hardware crisis via a hostile takeover. Nintendo is cash rich and has been buying back stock in large clips these past couple years so this is all a pipe dream at this point, but this email exchange will be enough to cause some major tension regardless.
Phil: “It’s only business bro”

Jinzo Prime

And to think, Satya Nadella wanted to close the Xnox division years ago, but alpha gamer Phil managed to convince him to keep it open! Where would we be without Phil showing us the true incompetence of his entire corporation! Thanks guys! 😎

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Oh… oh no…

NickFire

DUhoZVA.png

"our most likely path to consumer relevance."

Written about 3 months before this gen launched. WOW

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Yes. 100%. Still said it in the context of why they should buy Nintendo though, a mere 3 months before SX launched. Sorry not sorry, that is hysterical to me.
What's hysterical about putting it in that context? I get the humor in buying Nintendo of course, but Nintendo as a boost to their most popular consumer product doesn't seem weird.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Thing is, I bet Sony has a pile of similar emails, findings, plans and expectations. They just didn't leak them.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Thing is, I bet Sony has a pile of similar emails, findings, plans and expectations. They just didn't leak them.
Of course, so does Nintendo. Well, any company that makes plans long-term really.

Things always tend to leak in relation to court cases though. Although this has been exceptionally excessive, which is fun.

yurinka

Seems someone is going to be fired and sued at Microsoft.

DUhoZVA.png

Seems you didn't read the last 3 lines, where he explains why this acquisition didn't happen and won't happen. Also, the subject of that pre-Xbox Series release 2020 email is 'random thought'.

"our most likely path to consumer relevance."

Written about 3 months before this gen launched. WOW
The mail says:

"Gaming is our most likely path to consumer relevance."

It doesn't say:

"Acquiring Nintendo is our most likely path to consumer relevance."

He sounds what he's talking about, as if he was a paid PR shill in charge of leaking the real controlled leaks.

Last edited:
Seems someone is going to be fired and sued at Microsoft.

Seems you didn't read the last 3 lines, where he explains why this acquisition didn't happen and won't happen. Also, the subject of that pre-Xbox Series release 2020 email is 'random thought'.
I dont know where you got "wont happen" - I get a distinct "long game" vibe from this rather than a "wont happen", possibly because they explicitly state that.

Also, the email subject line is inconsequential - they are detailing plans that are at least partially already in motion, with dialogue already happening between writer and a MS BoD individual who has bought into Nintendo.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No wonder. I thought there was some leaker mole guy dishing out confidential info to the public.

Amazing how people are so careless. The guy was probably asked to upload files and just did a giant copy and paste of files without even looking at them. Lol

If I was him I’d be brushing up my resume right now.

Top Bottom