• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Microsoft Mistakenly Posts Secret Game Plans to Government Site

Solidus_T

To me, the silent cold war to devalue Nintendo, was the most insideous of it all. If I was running Nintendo, I would seriously rethink all of my business dealings with Microsoft.
This is the biggest part of the leaks to me as well. Beyond sinister activities from Microsoft, confirming the worst fears we had about them regarding buying and monopolizing the entire gaming industry.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
To me, the silent cold war to devalue Nintendo, was the most insideous of it all. If I was running Nintendo, I would seriously rethink all of my business dealings with Microsoft.
and they just signed a 10y deal

That guy and lots of people here, lost their period today and their milk, they are unable to breast feed their offspring.
damage control started
Lets Go Ghost GIF by Call of Duty

graywolf323

The replies to this tweet sure are something:

sadly it’s not surprising, as we’ve long witnessed from Xbox brigade & their persecution complex is that’s it NEVER Microsoft’s fault but always someone else’s, even if Microsoft came out & admitted they were the ones that made this mistake I bet a large number of these nutcases would continue to blame the FTC

The real question is, how could any agency approve it if they had this information?
the only way I see the person who made this mistake surviving is if the employee at MS that happened to upload all these documents also happened to be the son of the judge >_>

Last edited:

Sethbacca

So you're telling me Phil Spencer accidentally uploaded all this information?

What does this have to do with "MS Xbox management team" these things are handled by a legal team not by Xbox management.
All I'm saying is that the Bloomberg article is indicating it was an MS employee that fucked up, I'm not saying Phil did it personally. You're the one who implied there was some kind of conspiracy by saying it was "fishy". My assertion is just that someone at MS fucked up and it's not off brand at this point.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
So a Microsoft employee "accidentally" uploads all of their upcoming console and game plans and specific e-mails portraying Microsoft in a negative light? Seems fishy...
A trillion dollar company wouldn't make such a mistake. There's something there going on. For once, why "an employee" would have authorization to manage all that information?

sendit

Xbox leadership is a mess......and to think. I almost accepted a dev position at this company.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
So you're telling me Phil Spencer accidentally uploaded all this information?

What does this have to do with "MS Xbox management team" these things are handled by a legal team not by Xbox management.

Apparently it was handled by the AI research team. But what the hell were they doing with all this info? The fact that this was an internal leak is mind boggling. Who am I going to blame for the fact that Microsoft and Xbox do not have proper controls on incredibly sensitive internal corporate data? Damn right I'm blaming management.

Fabieter

To me, the silent cold war to devalue Nintendo, was the most insideous of it all. If I was running Nintendo, I would seriously rethink of all of my business dealings with Microsoft.

Without a doubt. Spencer should go for that arrogance. That's like 10 ps3 level of arrogance in one Person.

Top Bottom