• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Nintendo Switch Exclusive Will Reportedly Be Announced Very Soon (Pikmin)

GamerEDM

Banned
prominent industry insider and leaker, Leaky Pandy,

mN8W2nr.png

93xfan

Banned
Grrrr Pikman, just wish they would give me my damn Mario Sunshine Remastered already.

Me too. It’s been almost a year of non-action Nintendo titles. Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Pokemon again, Pikmin.

Where’s my classic faster paced Nintendo franchises? Classic Mario, F-Zero, Mario Kart, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, Yoshi, etc? I’d even take a new Kirby at this point.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
So this is how they'll be doing things from now on by announcing a game or two each month? I haven't played any Pikmin game before so I can't say I care much about this series. I hope those rumors about new 3D Mario collection are true.

The fuck’s a pikman?
It's Pikmin, but with an A instead of I.

bYn7jm7.gif

Last edited:

Kazza

Why all the Pikmin hate? I've never played the series before, but it looks like a really interesting concept. I might pick up Pikmin 2 sometime (still have a Wii hanging around).

93xfan

Banned
Why all the Pikmin hate? I've never played the series before, but it looks like a really interesting concept. I might pick up Pikmin 2 sometime (still have a Wii hanging around).

The games are very highly regarded. I just think people were excited for something more action oriented at the moment.

Let's hope they get rid of that time limit. I tried Pikmin 3 which was really promising, but I only got stress out of it instead of enjoyment because of the time limit :messenger_expressionless:

Or do people like that kind of stuff?

Chastten

Banned
Nice! Loved 1 and 3, never played 2 though. Kinda hoping for a collection of the first 3 games now. They'd be awesome to play on the go

Seems like Pikmin is well-loved, I've heard things throughout the years but never played. What's a good starting place if you've never played it before?

Seems like Pikmin is well-loved, I've heard things throughout the years but never played. What's a good starting place if you've never played it before?

IMO opinion whichever game is easier for you to get a hold of is a good place to start. My personal favorite is 3.
2 is the hardest in the series thus far but all are great and the additions the sequels brought bring more variety and complexity with out feeling bloated or added just for the sake of doing so.

-Arcadia-

Banned
The fuck’s a pikman?

between this and “jek and daxter”, whats up with people misspelling character names in titles today?

Tbh, it kind of has its charm. :messenger_tears_of_joy: I wouldn’t mind if it kind of became a meme, annoying people with title typos.

I recommend Pigmen for the unveil thread.

-Arcadia-

Banned

Any of the three, for approachability. However, 2 and 3 take enormous quality steps over the first, which is just a really cool, unique game.

Just make sure you play it. Pikmin is too fun and fresh for any gaming enthusiast to not give a spin at some point.

Last edited:

It is an amazing series. The only problem is it is reaaaaaallly hard that you do need to plan routes and gathering Pikmin at a fast pace as 1 and 3 have time limits. 2 doesn't have that but has an extra challenge on certain dungeons and I don't think you can replenish Pikmin in them.

I enjoyed 2 the most but I stopped after getting so far as it gets really difficult even if you read up guides on how to beat the bosses.

3 is by far the easiest unless you mess up on a certain section of the game where you lose all of your fruit juice which is effectively the time limit (intentional and made me worry that it was unwinnable by that point). The final boss thankfully can be managed over days and going back and forth on grinding Pikmin.

Last edited:

Mozza

Pikman? Whats the point....

Not a lot of point considering it's sales, however the Switch does seem to have a high game sales ratio to the console, so who knows Nintendo could end up making it the best selling Pikmin release ever.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Me too. It’s been almost a year of non-action Nintendo titles. Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Pokemon again, Pikmin.
Pikmin is not non-action though.

If it is a new Pikmin, I am super happy, if it is an old one, I will rage. Prepare for my rage.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK ANYONE hating on Pikmin. If it looks fire I'll buy a Switch for this shit...

Plus I need one for XBC2 and Dragon Quest XI.
i feel the same. Pikmin is one of my most beloved franchises, right up there behind the big three. (Mario, Zelda, Metroid)

Thurible

If true, please be Pikmin 4. They have supposedly been working on it for a long time and wii u ports sort of take away the point of having the console in the first place. I'd also like for them to use their resources creating new games instead of old ones.

VertigoOA

Banned
I’d imagine it’s a port of Pikmin 3 before a new game. Wii U releases will effectively all be or have been repackaged for switch.

Vawn

Banned
I've never played a Pikmin game. I sometimes wonder what I'm missing out on.

Of course, without ever playing one, I was also confused about how Animal Crossing was so popular. And then I bought New Horizons and played quite a bit. Now, I'm even MORE confused why Animal Crossing is so popular.

But, I've been obsessed with Switch. I'd likely give Pikmin a try on the console.

Last edited:
I've never played a Pikmin game. I sometimes wonder what I'm missing out on.

Of course, without ever playing one, I was also confused about how Animal Crossing was so popular. And then I bought New Horizons and played quite a bit. Now, I'm even MORE confused why Animal Crossing is so popular.

But, I've been obsessed with Switch. I'd likely give Pikmin a try on the console.

So did you like animal crossing or no? im in the same position as you. on the verge of buying AC though. I have a good feeling i know what it is/will be and that i wont like it...but the allure around it is just so irresistible

im not one to be hyped for pikmin, maybe THIS is the gen I get into it though.

Last edited:
Never got around to playing one of the Pikmin games. It looks like something I'd be into, so I'm personally fine with either a new game or a port.

StormCell

Big Nintendo exclusive is not the first way I would describe a Pikmin game. It certainly is an exclusive by Nintendo, and they're all very good games. I don't get the impression that they have wide appeal, however. I already own 3.

Count me in the camp as hoping for something else more action-y platformery.

VertigoOA

Banned
First two games are great. A beginner’s RTS in many ways but with its own charm. Would far prefer more Pikmin than a Splatoon or Animal Crossing.

2nd game at the time was one of the more difficult game experiences I had at the time during that gen. Up there with my difficulties with Ninja Gaiden and FZERO GX’s story mode’s randomness.

Still think it would be a Pikmin 3. It released on a dead console and is easy money for Nintendo and I doubt they’re turning that opportunity down.

Top Bottom