• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Switch 2 Reportedly Delayed to 2025

Alan Wake

To build enough user base and must have games by the time PlayStation 6 launches. If they launch now they are mostly unopposed, there is nothing else to buy.
Imagine people having to make decision between Switch 2 and PS6, you don’t want this as a business.

Also given enough technical power I can imagine a lot of games from PS5/XBS getting ported, will be much more difficult with next generation games.
I do think that Nintendo tend to be the no 1 choice among families so there is not necessarily an automatic competition between the two. A new Mario and it's done.

This is full of shit. The new Ratchet and Klank could not be made on a PS4 without a significant loss of gameplay fidelity. I agree that we are now at scaleability as far as pure graphics are concerned. But AI, Solid State drives, machine learning, processing speeds and other innovations will be able to do things with gameplay that cannot be replicated with fidelity by previous generations.
You're being overly aggressive over an effing console speculation chat. Maybe talk to someone about what's really bothering you before you post again.

Celcius

°Temp. member
You know what... at this point I'm just going to accept the fact that a next generation Switch is still far away.
Every year we get rumors about a Switch Pro, Switch 2, etc... and it just seems like none of that's true.
Nintendo really is going to ride the Switch for as long as they can.
I just hope we get Metroid Prime 4 this year on the current Switch, or at least remasters of MP2 and 3.

Mr Hyde

I think Nintendo are still traumatized by the Wii U. That's not a follow up you want to replicate for the Switch. And I'm fairly certain they have discussed this at length and that it's their number one fear. They were on top of the world with Wii, and now again with Switch. It can all come crashing down by just making one mistake. This will be the most important transition they'll ever have to do. They need to stick the landing 100%. Everything needs to be perfect.

I mean what confirmation did we ever have that it would come out this year? The Switch is still selling great. It's projected to surpass the DS and Playstation 2 before June

Kind of got the sense from the Nintendo Directs that the recent game releases are just unloading random games they had held back to get them through the lull. And the Peach game is the last of those.

Robb

Gold Member
It's projected to surpass the DS and Playstation 2 before June
Nick Young Wtf GIF

2024? By who? There’s zero chance it’ll sell +14M within three months.

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
I think Nintendo are still traumatized by the Wii U. That's not a follow up you want to replicate for the Switch. And I'm fairly certain they have discussed this at length and that it's their number one fear. They were on top of the world with Wii, and now again with Switch. It can all come crashing down by just making one mistake. This will be the most important transition they'll ever have to do. They need to stick the landing 100%. Everything needs to be perfect.

I don't think it's automatic that Switch 2 will be as successful as Switch. The novelty of being the main powerful gaming handled in the market is no longer the case.

There's also the whole BC thing. If BC is implemented on Switch that is good for consumers but bad for Nintendo's business model...which lets face it involves continually re-porting games and selling them for near full price.

Marvel14

Banned
You're being overly aggressive over an effing console speculation chat. Maybe talk to someone about what's really bothering you before you post again.
For what it's worth I described something you said as "full of shit", you described someone as "being full of shit".

I also gave your point of view a fair hearing and agreed with some of your reasoning.

If you ever manage to mature a bit more you'll understand the difference.

Last edited:
I don't think it's automatic that Switch 2 will be as successful as Switch. The novelty of being the main powerful gaming handled in the market is no longer the case.

There's also the whole BC thing. If BC is implemented on Switch that is good for consumers but bad for Nintendo's business model...which lets face it involves continually re-porting games and selling them for near full price.
Am I missing some ports? Compared to original software available on the Switch, there's really not that many Nintendo ports. I'd like to see more ports even (TP, WW).

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

I fully agree. The original Switch was a little bit of lightning in a bottle, since it was a truly novel addition to how we play and think about console gaming.

More of the same, only more powerful, probably won’t be as successful as the first Switch at this point, since it’ll invariably be compared against other handhelds that will be more powerful than a Switch 2. But on the flip side, if they try to pull a classic Nintendo and innovate with some crazy new idea, it simply might not land with gaming audiences.

I want the Switch 2 to be just as successful as the original, because the support and releases on the original Switch (1st and 3rd party) have been phenomenal since Day 1, likely due to the huge player base. It’d be pretty devastating to have a Wii U 2 situation play out.

But I’ve got no idea what the best strategy would be. I wanna say they should release holiday 2024 to capitalize on the waning enthusiasm of the original Switch. Even if sales of the OG Switch are still strong, I’d think they’d want to cannibalize those sales for the sake of riding that momentum wave into their next console. I fear that if the OG Switch starts to peter out in sales and software by the end, the hype for a followup console will be dramatically lower. But also I’m talking out of my ass, so who knows.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
So basically by the time this thing launches, it will already be running on outdated tech by 5-6 years and 2 years after its release the PS6 will make it look like a PS3 by comparison?

Nintendo truly has given up on being anywhere near current technology...😮‍💨
Being affordable and having battery life is part of the technology. It's a hybrid console, it has the portable side too..and it's a big one..

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I was hoping for Metroid Prime 4 to surprise release in 2024. People have speculated for years it would be a launch Switch 2 title. Perhaps a hint that Metroid Prime 4 could be coming in 2025 or no correlation?

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I was hoping for Metroid Prime 4 to surprise release in 2024. People have speculated for years it would be a launch Switch 2 title. Perhaps a hint that Metroid Prime 4 could be coming in 2025 or no correlation?
It could be the Switch swan song in the holidays, but I'm also expecting a Pokemon title.

Robb

Gold Member
Perhaps a hint that Metroid Prime 4 could be coming in 2025 or no correlation?
It definitely ‘feels’ like MP4 must be a cross-gen title at this point, but who knows. Nintendo is more unpredictable than most.

My guess is that if the 2025 rumor is true, MP4 is a 2025 game as well. Maybe they’ll spread out the remaster of 2 and 3 throughout the year leading up to 4 in early 2025 if that’s the case.

Either way, we should at least get to see MP4 this year. Hopefully during the Switch 2 reveal, and hopefully it looks awesome!

Marvel14

Banned
No it doesn't
From Digital Foundry:

The Deck completes each portal load in one section I tested in roughly four to five seconds, about two to three times slower than PS5, which disrupts the flow of these sequences. The Blizar Prime level features a similar performance delta, with the PS5 offering a near-instant swap between the two landscapes and the Deck lagging by a few seconds each time.

Of course, that's using the Deck's internal SSD which is rated for sequential reads up to ~1.6GB/s. On a Micro SD card with a ~90MB/s sequential read speed, each portal takes about 10 seconds and the Blizar level is similarly dilatory. That also probably means that the base 64GB Steam Deck with its 300MB/s eMMC storage, has somewhat compromised loading as well

Q.E.D A asdasdasdbb

nordique

I mean what confirmation did we ever have that it would come out this year? The Switch is still selling great. It's projected to surpass the DS and Playstation 2 before June
I don't think it will pass DS or PS2 by June this year

It should hit 141 million or so by the end of its fiscal year, say it sells another 3 million or so in the summer then it will be around 145.

It still has a ways to go to get to DS/PS2 territory

Now by June 2025, that is possible to pass. Presuming Nintendo estimates 12 million or so next fiscal year, it could get to around 153 million by next year and then trickle to 154/155+ by the end of 2025

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

From Digital Foundry:

The Deck completes each portal load in one section I tested in roughly four to five seconds, about two to three times slower than PS5, which disrupts the flow of these sequences. The Blizar Prime level features a similar performance delta, with the PS5 offering a near-instant swap between the two landscapes and the Deck lagging by a few seconds each time.

Of course, that's using the Deck's internal SSD which is rated for sequential reads up to ~1.6GB/s. On a Micro SD card with a ~90MB/s sequential read speed, each portal takes about 10 seconds and the Blizar level is similarly dilatory. That also probably means that the base 64GB Steam Deck with its 300MB/s eMMC storage, has somewhat compromised loading as well

Q.E.D A asdasdasdbb
Doesn't make what I said wrong.
It's super low resolution and dips below 30fps.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
well, it hasn't really fallen off a cliff in sales like the Wii did. It is declining but gradually (thus far)
Yup.

Switch sales have trended down, but still selling decent. It should beat PS2's 150M record after Xmas.

Wii was a faddish anomaly. Sales must had been record annual console units sold for like 3-4 years, and then dropped off a cliff. At the tail end of that generation, 360s and PS3s were outselling them. But Wii's fast start was so big it hit 100M units while 360/PS3 didn't even hit 90M. But wow, what a close race era.

Trilobit

So basically by the time this thing launches, it will already be running on outdated tech by 5-6 years and 2 years after its release the PS6 will make it look like a PS3 by comparison?

Nintendo truly has given up on being anywhere near current technology...😮‍💨

If it means that Nintendo actually releases games and isn't stuck in 5-year development for each game then I'm perfectly fine with that.

well, it hasn't really fallen off a cliff in sales like the Wii did. It is declining but gradually (thus far)
I agree, but i am curious what happens this year. The momentum lost, is more so, it no longer feels like PS1 moving into PS2. I remember people‘s enthusiasm thru the roof for PS2, and with the rumored Xbox handheld and Steam Deck 2 for 2026, and 2025 respectively, then I have to wonder if it erodes enthusiasm for Nintendo’s product.

Not be be a glass half empty person, but it feels the stars are possibly aligning for “Nintendo gonna Nintendo” again. I don’t think I am alone in this thinking.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I agree, but i am curious what happens this year. The momentum lost, is more so, it no longer feels like PS1 moving into PS2. I remember people‘s enthusiasm thru the roof for PS2, and with the rumored Xbox handheld and Steam Deck 2 for 2026, and 2025 respectively, then I have to wonder if it erodes enthusiasm for Nintendo’s product.
That's because you're in a gaming bubble. Nobody outside of gaming knows about Steam Deck, and no one has a worst brand image rn in gaming then Xbox.

Content is king and you can only get Nintendo's with a Nintendo.

Reactions: KU_

Marvel14

Banned
Doesn't make what I said wrong.
It's super low resolution and dips below 30fps.
I was agreeing with you...it's not just frame rate , there's a loss of immersion whenever you go through the portal as there is a noticeable delay.

Last edited:
For what it's worth I described something you said as "full of shit", you described someone as "being full of shit".

I also gave your point of view a fair hearing and agreed with some of your reasoning.

If you ever manage to mature a bit more you'll understand the difference.

I mean the things you say are laughably naive.

The minimum requirements for Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart on Steam are barely above PS4. The Steam deck can play ratchet and clank easily, so the idea that a PS4 couldn't handle it at all is complete exaggeration at best or naive and ignorant at worst.

That's why I described YOU as being full of shit and not just what you said, literally everything you're saying AND the way you're approaching the discussion is shit.

That's because you're in a gaming bubble. Nobody outside of gaming knows about Steam Deck, and no one has a worst brand image rn in gaming then Xbox.

Content is king and you can only get Nintendo's with a Nintendo.
You may be right about that. That said, Nintendo will not have the luxury of porting as many Wii U ports to fill gaps, as they did for Switch. Wii U ports really bailed them out. Even games like Smash Ultimate are heavily based on Smash Wii U.

What will Nintendo do? Is it impossible? No, HD remakes help a lot. Is this what they will do?

One thing is for certain though, just as Sony and MS take longer to make AAA games, so will Nintendo, they are not immune to this. It affects all gaming companies.

joshwaan

Well Christmas 2024 where I'd launch if its ready to go. Announcement in late march or June. Who knows gotta love the rumours.

Last edited:

nordique

Not be be a glass half empty person, but it feels the stars are possibly aligning for “Nintendo gonna Nintendo” again. I don’t think I am alone in this thinking.
Overall - a fair point - "what happens this year" is a curious thing. Lets have a discussion about this:

1) PS2 sales after the PS3
Don't forget, the PS2 sold almost a third of its lifetime sales after the next generation had started

and after the PS3 launched, more or less, it basically looked like this:

2007 - 14ish million
2008 - 14ish million
2009 - 8ish million
2010 - 7ish million
2011 - 6.5ish million
After - 2-3ish million until it stoped production

Xbox and Gamecube were long gone by then. Majority of it sales during this time were due to hardware refreshes, bundles, a very low and attractive price point, strong sales in emerging markets and - most importantly - Sony's willingness to continue production and dedicating resources and allocations to product lines given it still sold in certain markets. It had a bunch of losses from the PS3 so I can imagine keeping the PS2 in production played a role in maintaining some balancing of the books.

What this means for the Switch is there is the potential to have more sales after the Switch 2 launches (whether it is end of 2024 or as now purported to be early 2025) if Nintendo follows a similar plan with focus on emerging markets, lowering the price point, maybe a cheapo hardware refresh of sorts....I suspect that Nintendo will quickly kill off the Switch so it does not canabilize Switch 2 sales, assuming they are similar hybrid style system, but that is my own opinion. For all we know they might have 2 systems on the shelves for a while like 3DS/2DS and OG Switch.

------------
2) a comment regarding your PS1 -> PS2 comparison:
PS1 did have a massive drop when the PS2 launched. It fell by 50% the year the PS2 had its global launch (some 18-19 million to 9.5ish million); Again, the Switch has not yet had such a drop in sales. They have sort of staggered off over the past few years but there is not a 10 million year to year dip yet. The last 2 FY were ~17 mil and ~23 mil. They are projecting 15.5 this FY. That is a gradual decrease.

15.5 million for this FY is not a low number by any means especially for a console as old as it is...it is more than any Fiscal year the PSP or PS3 ever sold,

it has yet to be on the market as long as either PS1/PS2/PSP/PS3,

And it has yet to receive a price drop.

-------------------

3) Enthusiasm for Rumours:
All in all, none of these products exist on the store shelf yet. There is no Switch 2 (but we know with certainty there is one close to reveal and coming out), There is no Xbox Handheld (but it seems plausible there is one on the way) and there is no Steam Deck 2 (but the Steam Deck 1 has carved out a nice niche and I am sure Valve will continue to support it, update the hardware so it can perform better given it is targeted towards hardware enthusiasts)

Consider this. The Vita was never really a successful system. We don't know exact numbers, but consensus is it sold at least 10 million units, as much as 17 million (thats wide gap yes)

The Steam Deck is reported to have sold around 4 million units after 2 years of sales (I understand it may be somewhat less or more than this, I understand you can't just walk into a Wal-Mart and get it, but the point remains the same)

The Vita sold about 6 million units ww after 2 years of sales.

Don't let YouTube "influencers" and Internet forums and enthusiast gamer circles distort your perspective and influence your feelings...

The "super popular" Steam Deck is lagging behind the "forgotten failure" Vita, and people feel it or it's successor poses a threat to the current or next Switch...I find that unlikely.

I understand that you are also referencing the unknown - who knows how successful a Steam Deck 2 might be or a Xbox Handheld. They could both blow away predictions. A Game pass handheld might end up being exactly what Microsoft needed to rejuvenate its hardware business. A Steam Deck 2 might finally break into the main stream. We do not know and I do not claim to know the future either.

But, the Switch was successful in large part by its software. The system itself, as cool as it was in 2017, is not going to sell itself. It had Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Smash Bros etc... basically it had Nintendo games that people wanted to play, and these are games that we can only find on Nintendo systems. It is the same as the under powered Game Boy or DS before it - the software will sell the system.

So I would bet that, at least for the mainstream, if the Switch 2 comes out and is weaker than any Xbox handheld or Steam Deck 2 a future YouTuber will do a comparison of, it will not matter because it will not have the Nintendo games that are attractive to the masses/mainstream. I fully respect that you could end up being right, and your (and others') feelings could end up justified, and you can bookmark this post and say "Remember that fun banter we had a while back? I told you so" in 6 years time, but if I was going to bet on which system in 6 years has more sales, I would not be picking the rumoured Steam Deck 2 or the rumoured Xbox handheld over the Switch 2, even if it doesn't live up to the OG Switch in sales

Last edited:
My old Switch died, forcing me to buy an OLED model, which is a big upgrade and I love it, but now I'm not in any hurry for a Switch 2, about a year from now sounds golden to me.

Overall - a fair point - "what happens this year" is a curious thing. Lets have a discussion about this:

1) PS2 sales after the PS3
Don't forget, the PS2 sold almost a third of its lifetime sales after the next generation had started

and after the PS3 launched, more or less, it basically looked like this:

2007 - 14ish million
2008 - 14ish million
2009 - 8ish million
2010 - 7ish million
2011 - 6.5ish million
After - 2-3ish million until it stoped production

Xbox and Gamecube were long gone by then. Majority of it sales during this time were due to hardware refreshes, bundles, a very low and attractive price point, strong sales in emerging markets and - most importantly - Sony's willingness to continue production and dedicating resources and allocations to product lines given it still sold in certain markets. It had a bunch of losses from the PS3 so I can imagine keeping the PS2 in production played a role in maintaining some balancing of the books.

What this means for the Switch is there is the potential to have more sales after the Switch 2 launches (whether it is end of 2024 or as now purported to be early 2025) if Nintendo follows a similar plan with focus on emerging markets, lowering the price point, maybe a cheapo hardware refresh of sorts....I suspect that Nintendo will quickly kill off the Switch so it does not canabilize Switch 2 sales, assuming they are similar hybrid style system, but that is my own opinion. For all we know they might have 2 systems on the shelves for a while like 3DS/2DS and OG Switch.

------------
2) a comment regarding your PS1 -> PS2 comparison:
PS1 did have a massive drop when the PS2 launched. It fell by 50% the year the PS2 had its global launch (some 18-19 million to 9.5ish million); Again, the Switch has not yet had such a drop in sales. They have sort of staggered off over the past few years but there is not a 10 million year to year dip yet. The last 2 FY were ~17 mil and ~23 mil. They are projecting 15.5 this FY. That is a gradual decrease.

15.5 million for this FY is not a low number by any means especially for a console as old as it is...it is more than any Fiscal year the PSP or PS3 ever sold,

it has yet to be on the market as long as either PS1/PS2/PSP/PS3,

And it has yet to receive a price drop.

-------------------

3) Enthusiasm for Rumours:
All in all, none of these products exist on the store shelf yet. There is no Switch 2 (but we know with certainty there is one close to reveal and coming out), There is no Xbox Handheld (but it seems plausible there is one on the way) and there is no Steam Deck 2 (but the Steam Deck 1 has carved out a nice niche and I am sure Valve will continue to support it, update the hardware so it can perform better given it is targeted towards hardware enthusiasts)

Consider this. The Vita was never really a successful system. We don't know exact numbers, but consensus is it sold at least 10 million units, as much as 17 million (thats wide gap yes)

The Steam Deck is reported to have sold around 4 million units after 2 years of sales (I understand it may be somewhat less or more than this, I understand you can't just walk into a Wal-Mart and get it, but the point remains the same)

The Vita sold about 6 million units ww after 2 years of sales.

Don't let YouTube "influencers" and Internet forums and enthusiast gamer circles distort your perspective and influence your feelings...

The "super popular" Steam Deck is lagging behind the "forgotten failure" Vita, and people feel it or it's successor poses a threat to the current or next Switch...I find that unlikely.

I understand that you are also referencing the unknown - who knows how successful a Steam Deck 2 might be or a Xbox Handheld. They could both blow away predictions. A Game pass handheld might end up being exactly what Microsoft needed to rejuvenate its hardware business. A Steam Deck 2 might finally break into the main stream. We do not know and I do not claim to know the future either.

But, the Switch was successful in large part by its software. The system itself, as cool as it was in 2017, is not going to sell itself. It had Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Smash Bros etc... basically it had Nintendo games that people wanted to play, and these are games that we can only find on Nintendo systems. It is the same as the under powered Game Boy or DS before it - the software will sell the system.

So I would bet that, at least for the mainstream, if the Switch 2 comes out and is weaker than any Xbox handheld or Steam Deck 2 a future YouTuber will do a comparison of, it will not matter because it will not have the Nintendo games that are attractive to the masses/mainstream. I fully respect that you could end up being right, and your (and others') feelings could end up justified, and you can bookmark this post and say "Remember that fun banter we had a while back? I told you so" in 6 years time, but if I was going to bet on which system in 6 years has more sales, I would not be picking the rumoured Steam Deck 2 or the rumoured Xbox handheld over the Switch 2, even if it doesn't live up to the OG Switch in sales
Wonderful post. A couple of quick comments, though I agree with what you said. These are just “fly by thoughts”.

1.) My point about Steam Deck 2 and X-Boy is it further dilutes the markets for the “Core”. Will it have a major impact on Nintendo handheld sales? Unlikely. But, by all indications, Nintendo was aiming first for the “Core” for Switch 2 launch. If that is true, (one has to Wonder now about all rumors these “insiders or grifters” claim), but if that is true, then that is the Steam Deck 2 and more importantly X-boy and likely PS Vita 2 aka PS6 devices. This erodes the number of potential customers from the “Core”.

The market for gaming is not growing, and I am not sure you can market a rumored $399 Switch 2 to everyone based on uncertain economic outlook for countries around the world. Especially, if Nintendo is looking to duplicate sales of Switch 1. While this should be the goal, it may be unrealistic.

I am not of the mindset that gamers will have the income for more than one device going forward and the days of owning all consoles is limited ”as hardware”. As a “service” is a different matter. Economic outlook for some countries going forward is less than ideal, probably most countries. Not all countries will have a “soft landing”. Which is why I viewed momentum as critical for all these companies. Especially, Nintendo because they have such a “first mover advantage” with Switch 1.

2.) You are absolutely correct about PS2 sales after PS3 launched. I suspect Switch 1 sales will continue for a year or so after Switch 2 as well.

While, I do not think Switch 1 will have a tail like PS2 did, PS2 was after all a DVD player being introduced to 3rd world countries at the time, which helped tremendously.

I do think that Nintendo will end Switch 1 sales themselves, similar to how Apple does with iPads, when a new model arrives. But until Nintendo ends the sales, the sales will be very good.

3.) As for the “insiders and grifters”, someone has some explaining to do! ”Just cause you got Boots in the Oven, it don’t make them biscuits!” Is a literary quote. Which fits well here. These “insiders” all claim these things, but clearly at this point some things are 100% wrong from these people.

If a Switch 2 was delayed until March 2025 or after, Nintendo would have known this internally For some time, these billion dollar companies don’t operate on a lark. These companies are calculated and have processes in place for everything. How could these “insiders” know about a mythical March Switch 2 announcement? Nintendo themselves would have been aware of a delay from early January at the latest! Nintendo nor any other company will announce a product a year or more from release. We don’t live in that world anymore.

So, can we take anything these “insiders” say Seriously? We all assume Switch 2 has BC, another rumor. But until Nintendo says it, it is far from a guarantee. The saying “Nintendo going to Nintendo” exist for a reason. But the insiders have presented it as a 100% lock. These false prophets have gotten to the point of a clown show. Very sad, and it has no doubt helped cause a larger wave of negative backlash About the unannounced Switch 2 rumored delay until March 2025.

So, in my opinion… these “insiders” have some explaining to do!

4.) As for Nintendo, I understand the need for secrecy. But, i do think they will have to comment on the Switch 2 during the next investor Q&A in April 2024. They will not be able to get away with “no comment at this time” any further. So, that will be interesting.

5.) Nintendo:

Option A) Nintendo could still have a very good year software wise. Nintendo Switch software sales have been outstanding overall. We just don’t know What is planned.

If they don’t have much to announce, then maybe the delay was somewhat recent, but it would indicate Nintendo did not do a good job on the management end planning for all scenarios.

Option B) Nintendo still has several games to announce for this year on a smaller scale. But it will lead to a strong enough year, indicating good planning on Nintendo‘s managements behalf. But, if this is true, it could also indicate Nintendo was aware a delay for Switch 2 was possible/likely and Nintendo was prepared! Again we glare over at the “insiders”. There info was wrong or fabricated all along. March announcement? …Hmmm…. So, it goes back to the beginning, what do we really know about next gen?

You had a wonderful, well thought out post. This is just my ”fly by thoughts” on the interesting times ahead.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
You may be right about that. That said, Nintendo will not have the luxury of porting as many Wii U ports to fill gaps, as they did for Switch. Wii U ports really bailed them out. Even games like Smash Ultimate are heavily based on Smash Wii U.

What will Nintendo do? Is it impossible? No, HD remakes help a lot. Is this what they will do?

One thing is for certain though, just as Sony and MS take longer to make AAA games, so will Nintendo, they are not immune to this. It affects all gaming companies.
AAA games have always taken time in any company, the diff is that most Nintendo games are really AA. There hasn't been a new 3D mario since 2017 (Bowser's Story DLC not included), and there won't be a new Zelda for launch either.

But games like Splatoon, Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, 3d Mario, etc. Most of these are AA. The thing is, Nintendo isn't afraid of AA like the other two.

As for HD remakes, Nintendo are remaking GameCube games now, so they still have a full library of games to draw from. yeah, it'll take more time but looking at this year, it seems like they are taking it.

Top Bottom