• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 2025 is a Semi Futuristic Black Ops 2 Sequel

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job

Currently known under the codename ‘Saturn’, Insider Gaming has learned from multiple sources that Call of Duty 25 is set to take players back to the future.

Insider Gaming understands that Call of Duty 2025 is currently in development as a direct sequel to Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, being set around 2030 (Black Ops 2 is set in 2025).

As previously rumored, Black Ops 2 remastered maps will be coming to the game, but recent plans and the scope of the game have changed significantly.

Previously, the intention was to have all of the Black Ops 2 remastered maps released on launch, similar to how Modern Warfare 2’s (2009) maps came back in Modern Warfare 3. However, the current plan now is to launch with new maps and remastered maps in conjunction

Speaking on other specific details on Call of Duty 2025, which are heavily in flux due to the game’s early stage of development (22 months away at the time of writing), it’s understood that the game is also slated to have an overhaul to its movement system, the return of a classic ‘pick 10’ create-a-class, the gunfight game mode, and another year of round-based zombies.

Deerock71

FIRST LOOK!
Cheer On Peter Griffin GIF by Xbox

//DEVIL//

OG cod fans? The classic mw1 and 2 campaigns are one of the best FPS campaigns in history of gaming. I would've love to play something in this age similar.
I am an OG Cod fan ( well.. since 4 anyway ) and I did love the campaigns back then. even the 2019 had a nice one. but in general. people buy their Cod for multiplayer.

Celcius

°Temp. member
But will it just be more DLC for MW2?
(microsoft please go back to having these be separate titles on Steam)

Last edited:

coffinbirth

Ok, so back to back Black Ops games that will probably share all unlocks like MW2/3 is doing now. I dig it. Hopefully this means...

BLACKOUT II

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Black Ops 2 (the original) was half semi-futuristic too. Looks like they're following it closely.

Bond007

Pass
Been tired of the futuristic COD since day one- no thank you. Was soo happy when we came back to modern times and instead of all the SciFi BS. Leave that to TitanFall.(Sequal PLZZZZZ)
Glad i can skip a release and stick to MW.

Last edited:

twilo99

ok so when we get all of these old games on gamepass are any of the multiplayer servers going to be online so we can actually play multiplayer?

I only started playing in 2019 and I really want to try some of the old ones, but I don’t want to really deal with the single player campaigns

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
A shooter has to have a natural feel, games like goldeneye, half life, and killzone are legendary because they try to do something new.

Top Bottom