• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO's 'The Last of Us' Season 2 Set for 2025 Release

Freeman76

Imagine not being a gamer in any way, and having no idea about the last of us beyond the show. Season 2 will be so interesting to see what kind of response people have if they follow the main events of part 2. The gaming community lost their shit over Joel, and the show will probably reach a LOT more people than the game did. Personally I didnt see the issue with Joel or Abby, part 2 for me was a lot better than 1 and I love how they didnt give a shit and told the story they wanted to. Ellies' actress already let slip that Pedro wont be there filming for too long, so I guess they will do it....will shock people for sure. It was bad enough when they killed off old Ned Stark in GOTY lol

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Amazing news, tbfwas a given they where splitting the 2nd game into 2parts now I gotta wait a whole bloody year ffs

Pelta88

The sheer brutality in season 2 might break the tv audience. They’ll think they’re being introduced to a bunch of new characters, the potential for new narratives, character arcs and then suddenly, out of nowhere…

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Imagine not being a gamer in any way, and having no idea about the last of us beyond the show. Season 2 will be so interesting to see what kind of response people have if they follow the main events of part 2. The gaming community lost their shit over Joel, and the show will probably reach a LOT more people than the game did. Personally I didnt see the issue with Joel or Abby, part 2 for me was a lot better than 1 and I love how they didnt give a shit and told the story they wanted to. Ellies' actress already let slip that Pedro wont be there filming for too long, so I guess they will do it....will shock people for sure. It was bad enough when they killed off old Ned Stark in GOTY lol
Entirely depends on how they play it out. I felt the first season was rushed and if they start season two off like the second game, then it won't have nearly the same impact.

Really curious on how the story will be different and how early it happens if they keep it mostly the same.

FrankWza

Entirely depends on how they play it out. I felt the first season was rushed and if they start season two off like the second game, then it won't have nearly the same impact.

Really curious on how the story will be different and how early it happens if they keep it mostly the same.
Didn't they say that they would be splitting lou2 over 2 seasons?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
You did mention throwing out characters. Which characters were thrown out?

I was actually thinking of Jesse in that remark. Dude gets introduced, cucked, fucks off for twelve hours, shows back up. Wrecks a jeep or whatever. Splits up with Ellie. Gets shot in the face.

WHAT A COOL AND NEEDED CHARACTER.

And the members of the WLF. Don't get me started with them. Vast majority of the side characters are written with all the depth you'd imagine that dude handing out guns before missions in the stadium has.

Joel's ultimate fate wasn't pitch perfect to the ideas in my head, but anyone with any kind of narrative literacy knew what was going to happen. You people need to go beyond the low hanging fruit of calling anyone who dislikes even portions of this game "sexist/racist/homophobic" or "butthurt about Joel,"

Roni

Gold Member
Joel's ultimate fate wasn't pitch perfect to the ideas in my head, but anyone with any kind of narrative literacy knew what was going to happen. You people need to go beyond the low hanging fruit of calling anyone who dislikes even portions of this game "sexist/racist/homophobic" or "butthurt about Joel,"
We wouldn't consider people 'butthurt about Joel" or whatever if they were judging the product based on what it is, instead of judging it on what it isn't. I've bolded the key part in your statement that gives away you're doing just that...

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
We wouldn't consider people 'butthurt about Joel" or whatever if they were judging the product based on what it is, instead of judging it on what it isn't. I've bolded the key part in your statement that gives away you're doing just that...

You seem to be a master of cherry picking. That's my opinion, agree, ignore or disagree as you will.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
People have different specialties, I can cherry pick, you can deflect. It's the diversity that keeps it interesting.

How am I deflecting anything? I made no mention of Joel and his encounter with Abby anywhere in my posts. You're literally trying to gaslight.

That's a stupid way of debating, and comes across juvenile.

Roni

Gold Member
How am I deflecting anything? I made no mention of Joel and his encounter with Abby anywhere in my posts. You're literally trying to gaslight.

That's a stupid way of debating, and comes across juvenile.
You literally mentioned Joel in your reply to me and I quoted you. Try harder.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
2156d86fa3ea6d598b2541d06f127fa8dd587fbc.gif

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
You literally mentioned Joel in your reply to me and I quoted you. Try harder.

I mentioned Joel in a reply to someone who was obviously inferring my issues with the game had to with Joel. I was mentioning Joel to elaborate on why that wasn't the case. Are you being a helmet on purpose?

Roni

Gold Member

I mentioned Joel in a reply to someone who was obviously inferring my issues with the game had to with Joel. I was mentioning Joel to elaborate on why that wasn't the case. Are you being a helmet on purpose?
You either participate in the debate using the shared meaning words have or you get called out when you talk nonsense. That's how it goes. You said you didn't mention Joel and you did. Own it and stop running away with that goalpost.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
You either participate in the debate using the shared meaning words have or you get called out when you talk nonsense. That's how it goes. You said you didn't mention Joel and you did. Own it and stop running away with that goalpost.

ROFLMAO, I'm not "running away," from a forum post. Yes. I mentioned Joel. YOU GOT ME. I'm so ashamed!

Learn reading comprehension and how to follow a discussion.

Edit:
Kira makes a post about not liking certain narrative choices in a game, especially relating to how certain characters are portrayed. Make no mentions of specifics.

Someone else replies, frothing at the mouth about Joel.

I Make a reply to that post, clarifying that I didn't, in fact, mention Joel.

Your special ass comes in asking who I was referring to if it wasn't Joel.

I clarify, mentioning Joel at the end of THIS POST, to describe why I wasn't bothered by it - i.e. anyone who is familiar with this genre knew he wasn't coming out the other side, thus it wasn't some surprising, shocking, infuriating earth shattering event to me.

You proceed to ignore every part of my post except for the end where I mention specifically why Joel doesn't bother me. You proceed to hop up and down shouting "see! You mentioned Joel! GACHA!"

Like....yeah, dude. I was responded to something you asked about Joel. I follow the discussion and respond to every part of it.

Get fucked with this trapdoor nonsense.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I didn't ask you about Joel. Follow your own advice: Learn reading comprehension and how to follow a discussion.

Your initial post replying to me was "You DID mention characters getting thrown out. Which ones, huh???" in a post after my initial back and forth with another user about Joel and his relation to my complaints about the game. With this additional context, one wouldn't necessarily be called irrational for assuming your two-sentence reply, devoid of further context, was piggybacking off of the previous statement I had replied to from another user. It was loaded with the kind of sass that's not uncommon to find from users of other forums around the net. Given the progression of this conversation, it would seem my initial presumptions were not entirely baseless.

At any rate, with that added context, I preemptively mentioned Joel at the end of my post, kind of a P.S. addressing why I'm not bothered with Joel's ultimate fate. That's where my reading comprehension remark that's become your new life mantra came from. Because I made a paragraph in a long post explaining why the first three paragraphs I typed were completely independent from any thoughts about Joel. And you come barreling in like a bull with a hot poker up its ass going "REEEE SEE YOU MENTIONED JOEL, I AM THE RIGHT! HAAAAAAAAAA!" and it's like...yes, I mentioned Joel to explain why he wasn't one of my issues with the game. And again, you're like "REEEE JOEL! YOU SAID IT AGAIN! HA! FEEBLE MORTAL!"

It kind of just reads like someone who doesn't understand what I'm saying. Hence reading comprehension.

At this point, I'm starting to hate this thread far more than the game, at least.

Joel Joel Joel Joel Joel

Last edited:

angrod14

I bet they will completely rewrite the way Abby finds Joel and how she gets to know it’s him.

Those two things weren’t too convincing to a large part of the audience in the game. After watching the doc It was obvious to me they had to cut a lot of that section out because it was too long, and the writing suffered as a result.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
Your initial post replying to me was "You DID mention characters getting thrown out. Which ones, huh???" in a post after my initial back and forth with another user about Joel and his relation to my complaints about the game. With this additional context, one wouldn't necessarily be called irrational for assuming your two-sentence reply, devoid of further context, was piggybacking off of the previous statement I had replied to from another user. It was loaded with the kind of sass that's not uncommon to find from users of other forums around the net. Given the progression of this conversation, it would seem my initial presumptions were not entirely baseless.

At any rate, with that added context, I preemptively mentioned Joel at the end of my post, kind of a P.S. addressing why I'm not bothered with Joel's ultimate fate. That's where my reading comprehension remark that's become your new life mantra came from. Because I made a paragraph in a long post explaining why the first three paragraphs I typed were completely independent from any thoughts about Joel. And you come barreling in like a bull with a hot poker up its ass going "REEEE SEE YOU MENTIONED JOEL, I AM THE RIGHT! HAAAAAAAAAA!" and it's like...yes, I mentioned Joel to explain why he wasn't one of my issues with the game. And again, you're like "REEEE JOEL! YOU SAID IT AGAIN! HA! FEEBLE MORTAL!"

It kind of just reads like someone who doesn't understand what I'm saying. Hence reading comprehension.

At this point, I'm starting to hate this thread far more than the game, at least.

Joel Joel Joel Joel Joel
I did not ask you about Joel.

Top Bottom