• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Florence Pugh Wanted for Abby in The Last of Us Season 2

Draugoth

Gold Member
Florence Pugh is reportedly HBO's top choice to play Abby in the upcoming second season of its breakout drama series, The Last of Us.

According to trusted scooper MyTimeToShineHello on X (formerly Twitter), before the SAG-AFTRA strike began, Florence Pugh got an offer to play Abby in The Last of Us Season 2. This comes less than a month after The Last of Us co-creator Craig Mazin hinted that "maybe" the right person had been found for the part but that the strikes had halted negotiations. "Things were in process," Mazin explained.

"Look, Abby was the first role that we wanted to tackle. We’ve got a pretty good track record of making major cast announcements and people going, 'Really?' which will probably continue."

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Yep, an easy bit of casting there. I'd imagine she'll do it if they offer her enough (when the strikes are over).

bitbydeath

Great if true but I wouldn’t trust this “leaker”.
They’ve been “leaking” both games and movies almost everyday, seems extremely unlikely they’d be in such a position with such a wide range of information.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Great if true but I wouldn’t trust this “leaker”.
They’ve been “leaking” both games and movies almost everyday, seems extremely unlikely they’d be in such a position with such a wide range of information.
They have a solid record.

killatopak

She's the perfect Abby!

Abby exists in season 2?

Sorry Joel, you're gonna be part of a Starfield type discussion thread and it won't be pretty. This time it won't be gamers who will participate. Unless they ungolf Joel, I fear for this actress. It would be like looking at Joffrey Lannister.

Pop

That one scene would be great now with this casting

Close Up Flirting GIF

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Shannon Berry looks like a better fit - because you also gotta make it comparable to make her and Bella Ramsey's fights work.

But I have complete faith in Neil and Craig that they will cast the perfect person for it. The season 1 castings were on point.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Florence Pugh is reportedly HBO's top choice to play Abby in the upcoming second season of its breakout drama series, The Last of Us.

According to trusted scooper MyTimeToShineHello on X (formerly Twitter), before the SAG-AFTRA strike began, Florence Pugh got an offer to play Abby in The Last of Us Season 2. This comes less than a month after The Last of Us co-creator Craig Mazin hinted that "maybe" the right person had been found for the part but that the strikes had halted negotiations. "Things were in process," Mazin explained.

Bitch about to go on the Bane regime.

b12a6b8b13d245b82e1dec8cd043d80b.jpg

miklonus

Pugh is puny though. A roided up psychotic Sophie Turner would be better.
Sophie height-wise is good. But only height-wise. Pugh is chu...thick, but she's short. She's stocky because she's short. That's what most people don't realize.

I think Pugh would be perfect casting, and I really mean perfect casting, if it weren't for her height.

tmlDan

Sophie height-wise is good. But only height-wise. Pugh is chu...thick, but she's short. She's stocky because she's short. That's what most people don't realize.

I think Pugh would be perfect casting, and I really mean perfect casting, if it weren't for her height.
in the game I don't believe Abby was significantly taller than Ellie and Bella is quite short. To make the power dynamic more realistic since Ellie actually stood a chance in the games, she would need to be relatively the same height/slightly taller like Florence is. Berry is 5'7, it would be hard to believe a buff 5'7 would have a hard time with a Bella, Ellie, at 5'1 lol

She needs to head to the gym - fast.. or get some of those hollywood vitamins.

Not really. I'd argue with the stature of Bella that Abby needs to be smaller than the game to suit.

Anyway I doubt Florence Pugh takes the role. Will probably be scheduling conflicts or something.

StueyDuck

I thought they were just putting a wig on the rock 🤷‍♂️

Jokes aside (I actually love the last of us part 2 but hey you see that kids, it's called having some fun and a sense of humor)

I have gotten a little bored of her body of work lately (no pun intended for oppenheimer). She's becoming very generic Hollywood actress.

VulcanRaven

Florence Pugh would be perfect for the role but I have a feeling that she didn't accept it. She probably has many other things like Marvel movies after the strike.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Show Joel is about 1/10th of the killer that Game Joel was, so I think I can digest what happens a bit better in the show version when it happens.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Top Bottom