• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Last of Us’ Showrunner on Season 2 Plan, Casting Abby and His Favorite Scene

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
A few quick numbers question. You originally were given 10 episodes for season one, then you rolled it back to 9. So does that mean season two is 9 or 10?

Neither. It means neither of those things. We've laid out our vision to HBO for how this series should lay out across not one season, but multiple seasons.

Four seasons? Like you suggested earlier?

I was aware that I mentioned that. You never know. It can end up being three or five. But four seems like a good number. Some seasons, because of the story we're telling, will need fewer episodes and some will need more. The best news is the audience wants more. We will not indulge a desire for more simply to make them happier when they hear how many episodes are announced. And if they don't like how many episodes are in a season because they want more, well, okay. But when all is said and done, I think the wisdom of how we lay it out will hopefully be clear. I don't know if any season will actually have the same amount of episodes. But, whatever, the number's not important. What's important is when they get to the end of the season, they're like, "That was a good season."

You've previously said Part II will be split into at least two seasons, which I assume is the case at this point.

What I can certainly confirm is that that story does not fit into one season.

Orsi teased a couple casting announcements coming soon in a recent interview. Have you found your [major Last of Us Part II character] Abby?
Maybe [laughs].

You're turning red, so that's making me think, "Yes."

The strike stopped us in our tracks. Things were in process. Look, Abby was the first role that we wanted to tackle. We've got a pretty good track record of making major cast announcements and people going "really?" which will probably continue. So people may disagree, but I think we got it right so far and the audience seems to feel we got it right and the Academy seems to feel we got it right.

More here: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/t...howrunner-season-two-casting-abby-1235560553/

Them confirming 4 seasons (maybe 5 if its needed) basically confirms a TLOU Part III for me.

Season 1 = part 1
Season 2/3 = part 2
Season 4 = part 3

Lets go :messenger_sunglasses:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The strike stopped us in our tracks. Things were in process. Look, Abby was the first role that we wanted to tackle. We've got a pretty good track record of making major cast announcements and people going "really?" which will probably continue. So people may disagree, but I think we got it right so far and the audience seems to feel we got it right and the Academy seems to feel we got it right.
Abby is Terry Crews, confirmed.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Sounds like Abby will not really resemble the character from the show if they expect people to be skeptical of their casting choice. But that was inevitable anyway. No way would that really work when on screen next to their choice for Ellie.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I'm hyped for this because it will most likely align with Part II release on PC. I need to finish that game one day...

mansoor1980

Gold Member
2023123110644_1.jpg

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
We've got a pretty good track record of making major cast announcements and people going "really?" which will probably continue. So people may disagree, but I think we got it right so far and the audience seems to feel we got it right and the Academy seems to feel we got it right.

That's some pretentious bs right there. Expected from the source however.

Hugare

oh boy dunk GIF

The show worked well enough because it had amazing material to pull from, but I ended up hating Ellie and Joel from the series.

Nothing physical about it, but their interpretations were so off. Didnt resemble Joel and Ellie at all but name.

No chemistry. My mom cry with TV commercials and she didnt drop one tear with the series finale.

squarealex

The fact (and the joke) is that the actress of Abby is maybe more attractive than the actress of Ellie.

Sorry I can't with Bella Ramsey and all the shit filler added to the TV Show

Last edited:

Certinty

Didn’t realise they were already heading into the story of the second game so soon.

Makes me glad I didn’t bother with the first season. Enjoyed the story in Part I but Part II is most definitely one of my most disliked games story wise.

bitbydeath

Didn’t realise they were already heading into the story of the second game so soon.

Makes me glad I didn’t bother with the first season. Enjoyed the story in Part I but Part II is most definitely one of my most disliked games story wise.
I enjoyed season one despite the bad casting, but I have no interest in a season 2. There’s no way their Ellie can carry the show on her own.

Top Bottom