• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Florence Pugh Wanted for Abby in The Last of Us Season 2

Elysium44

Banned
Is the TV series popular here then? I thought it was diabolical, everything from the miscasting of the main players to the story changes (hardly any infected for example).

john cena GIF

John isn't taking it too well that he wasn't cast in the role despite having the required physique.

Woggleman

She would be a good choice but I hope she is familiar with the game and knows what is getting herself into. That being said I think having an actress who is generally popular and well liked will be a good way to sell Abby as a character. They also need a flashback with Jason Mamoa as Eugene.

GymWolf

The gnomes i have in my garden are taller than her...

She doesn't sell the image of a human bulldozer that much...

On the other hand she is a way better actress than forehead, so...

Kabelly

Noooooo that thing they do to Joel needs to be the wrap to S2, I want this show to last ffs
Ellie's whole motivation in Part II is based on what happens to Joel. I don't see how they stretch out a whole season without it happening. Plus we've already seen the town in S1. I see episode one being: Ellie and Dina stuff, Joel and Tommy getting lost in the blizzard, meeting Abby's group for the first time and then at the end of EP 1 Abby joins Tommy and Joel. Episode 2 will be the thing.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Florence is tiny though, she's only 5' 3"
shutterstock_editorial_13435962m.jpg

It would be like getting Hayden Panettiere to play Abby

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Florence is tiny though, she's only 5' 3"
shutterstock_editorial_13435962m.jpg

It would be like getting Hayden Panettiere to play Abby
Yeah but she's gorgeous and is a good actress when given proper screen time (thanks for the boobies Nolan but come on dawg).

TGO

Yeah but she's gorgeous and is a good actress when given proper screen time (thanks for the boobies Nolan but come on dawg).
Exactly, the Rapunzel rumours makes more sense and as I see people saying she is stocky because they get that impression film's etc, but she really isn't.
You'd be surprised how small she is in real life.
She'd be like Ellie....in the first game.

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Exactly, the Rapunzel rumours makes more sense and as I see people saying she is stocky because they get that impression film's etc, but she really isn't.
You'd be surprised how small she is in real life.
She'd be like Ellie....in the first game.
Oooh she'd be an amazing Rapunzel!

Camreezie

She's above it. She's one of the biggest actresses in the world headlining some of the biggest franchise movies. Its rare a headlining movie star does a bit part in a tv show even if it is massive like TLOU. Love her but shes too small physically to play her too

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
She's above it. She's one of the biggest actresses in the world headlining some of the biggest franchise movies. Its rare a headlining movie star does a bit part in a tv show even if it is massive like TLOU. Love her but shes too small physically to play her too
Abby is a bit part?

We have to stop thinking of TV shows like it’s the 90s. Disney just had a TV show worth 200 million. We know HBO will spend the money for quality.

xrnzaaas

Not gonna happen. Too pretty (despite the unproportionally large head and the recent switch to short hair) and most of all too big of a star to appear in a major role in a tv show for ~2 seasons.

Last edited:

TGO

She is tiny, she's even got heels on and she still small.
njFjn6p.jpg

Then again they could do what they did in Black Window and use camera tricks to make her not appear as small..like a big kick stool for her to stand on 😂

Last edited:

Camreezie

We have to stop thinking of TV shows like it’s the 90s. Disney just had a TV show worth 200 million. We know HBO will spend the money for quality.
200 million dollars on a tv show for the biggest IP in all of entertainment is a different proposition entirely

200 million dollars on a tv show for the biggest IP in all of entertainment is a different proposition entirely
In a world where they could have easily budgeted most of their marvel and Star Wars shows close to something like Agents of Shield, but decided not to, I’d say we’re past this point of separating TV and movie actors with a hard line.

The same big budget spending for 6-8 episode seasons has been happening across Amazon Prime TV Shows as well as HBO and Netflix. The only actors limiting themselves from big budget TV either have too many projects or too much pride.

I don't remember where i heard it but i once heard her aptly described as "the prettiest plain girl ever".

There's nothing wrong with her and that's about the nicest thing i can say about her.
All I can think of when I hear about her is Ann from Arrested Development. So forgettable.

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

Assuming she gets in shape, that’s pretty good casting.
She has to lose at least 10-15 lbs of fat so her arms look toned... She will probably get on the Natalie Portman juice... I mean program... to gain a few pounds of lean muscle tissue as all

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I don't remember where i heard it but i once heard her aptly described as "the prettiest plain girl ever".

There's nothing wrong with her and that's about the nicest thing i can say about her.
I agree. I pass girls like her on the street all the time. Sure I looked at her titties in Oppenheimer but I don't get the simp.

Top Bottom