• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Last Of Us’: Isabela Merced Cast As Dina In Season 2 Of HBO Series

RickSanchez

Gold Member
DEa9JE1.jpg

OkS8rv2.jpg

Awkward Bye Bye GIF

Boom! Roasted

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

I don’t know her, but honestly I just leave the casting to them and completely trust them.
Casting of season 1 was perfect in my opinion, so there is no reason for me to doubt their choices.

I am rather curious if Bella can really nail Ellie in part 2, since I don’t know if I get from her the strong and independent vibes.

I haven’t played the sequel. Isn’t Ellie older in Part 2? They aren’t planning to use Bella Ramsay again for the serie of Part 2 are they?
She is 5 years older in Part II and yes, Ramsay will be playing Ellie again. She is the same age as Ellie. The only person that did not looked natural in the game was Abby and they fixed it casting Kaitlyn Denver.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Funny thing if there's one channel out there that doesn't need to gun for glamour and looks it's HBO shows. That kind of stuff is a big focus for network TV shows.

Yet HBO's latest actresses are good looking young women, way better looking than video game Abby and Dina. They just need to complete the trifecta and replace Bella Ramsay at some point with an older hot Ellie actress.

Last edited:

Toons

You really just put two shots of the actresses in full evening formal makeup and stuck it next to a screen grab of the ellie actress from the show where she's in character.

I dont get yall sometimes. You complain when a race is swapped except for when its fine.

You complain when the race isn't swapped but the actress playing the barely 18 year old doesn't f***able enough.

Shouldn't the main point be that she's a good actress who can protray the character arc ellie goes through? Why are we comparing looks as if that makes for a good performance or not?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Look at this cocksucker.

jlVw6Tr.png
So far so good. Just need Bella Ramsay replaced and it'll be 3 young hotties. Now that 2 hot chicks are getting hired, I might watch the show now.

Ah yes, comparing both new actresses on professional photoshoots and red carpet looks vs Bella on character and on set make up. The other 2 won't be looking anywhere as glamorous during the show but okay.
True. They wont be done up like a dinner gala. They will likely be all grubby wearing grimey camping clothes.

But even on their worst day, they will still be a million times better looking than Bella on her best day.

Last edited:

Yonyx

You really just put two shots of the actresses in full evening formal makeup and stuck it next to a screen grab of the ellie actress from the show where she's in character.

I dont get yall sometimes. You complain when a race is swapped except for when its fine.

You complain when the race isn't swapped but the actress playing the barely 18 year old doesn't f***able enough.

Shouldn't the main point be that she's a good actress who can protray the character arc ellie goes through? Why are we comparing looks as if that makes for a good performance or not?
Well said. We live in an increasingly irrational world.

I agree with the looks are not important and the person who posted that is an ass, but after watching the first series Bella was not the right choice for Ellie and it has nothing to do with her appearance.

I simply couldn't connect with her character on an emotional level, and I can only come to the conclusion that her performance falls short in conveying the full spectrum of emotions that Ashley managed to bring to life in the game.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Funny thing if there's one channel out there that doesn't need to gun for glamour and looks it's HBO shows. That kind of stuff is a big focus for network TV shows.

Yet HBO's latest actresses are good looking young women, way better looking than video game Abby and Dina. They just need to complete the trifecta and replace Bella Ramsay at some point with an older hot Ellie actress.
Legit, unless Bella can pull off some Butterfly metamorphosis shit in terms of her acting/look/feel as Ellie (god knows how she's going to be on the right 'level' for older Ellie so soon)....this will be so bad.

I'm digging these latest 2 castings, I just wish they used the perfect excuse to jump to a slightly older/better fit Ellie actress :( (time shift, so sorry Bella, we need to hire someone older etc).

Majormaxxx

It doesn't have to. The point of ellie is NOT for middle aged men to be attracted to her. Not should you want it to be.
Stop with the ageist and misandrist gatekeeping lol.

Looks bad.

Reminds me of that misfortunate quote by Brie Larson.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I agree with the looks are not important and the person who posted that is an ass, but after watching the first series Bella was not the right choice for Ellie and it has nothing to do with her appearance.

I simply couldn't connect with her character on an emotional level, and I can only come to the conclusion that her performance falls short in conveying the full spectrum of emotions that Ashley managed to bring to life in the game.

Hard disagree, I'm replaying TLOU Pt1 at the moment and Bella's has absolutely nailed Ellie's character, my only concern is going into TLOU2 / Season2 as Ellie has significantly aged between the two in the game whereas Bella will be pretty much the same and we needed Ellie to age from the innocence in Part1 to the hardened bitch in Part2

Toons

Stop with the ageist and misandrist gatekeeping lol.

Suggesting that its wierd for middle aged dudes to quantify a real life young adult playing a barely 18 year old for not being sexy enough is not ageist and its certainly not misandrist.

Looks bad.
So does a bunch of middle aged dudes trying to qualify a real life young adult playing a barely 18 year old for not being sexy enough.

Reminds me of that misfortunate quote by Brie Larson.

considering that quote was ALSO highlighting a legitimate concern im ok with that comparison. Even if you found the context unsavory.

Its friggin wierd, the whole vibe and I'll die on that hill if I must.

Last edited:

Trunim

I'm very sorry to Bella she seems like a really nice person and she was a great fit for Ellie in season 1. Now she's become the worst fit for older Ellie. What is the production thinking??? Has got to be a big elephant in the room.

rm082e

I wish they hadn't hired Bella for Season 1. She did a good job with the material, but it's just distracting since the character in game had a big doe-eyed baby face. I didn't get the "innocent child with an attitude" vibe from her. But now that she did Season 1, replacing her would be distracting in a different way. I just hope she can pull off the grown up version of Ellie.

It's kind of going to bum me out if they have Kaitlyn Dever looking like a toothpick and trying to play a big tough badass. At the same time, I don't see her jumping on roids to get bulked up for this role. Anytime they try to take pretty girls and make them into fighters, I just tune out. I liked Abby in the game because they made the necessary changes to the female form to justify her strength and violence.

Top Bottom