• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch successor to be released in March 2025 — Nikkei

Wooxsvan

I predict the largest single day unit sales in console launch history. The time they are taking to build up stock is a great strategy. Otherwise if they had launched earlier the stock would have immediately sold out and then people would be waiting for restocks instead of buying Switch 1 stock. This way they maximize all hardware sales.

If it was a 2 year delay then yes, but that doesn't look like what happened in this particular case. It's a delay of a few months to finish games and build more supply.

I suspect this is basically the Switch Pro with maybe minor exterior changes. Maybe if you are lucky they will have shrunken the SoC to a smaller Samsung node but that might not lead to better performance but better battery life.

amigastar

I'm so excited what Nintendo can achieve on the Switch 2 with games like Mario, Zelda etc.

Last edited:

Jesb

Are you guys expecting any big 3rd party re-releases on this? I’m thinking that we will see some stuff from Capcom. Maybe some of the RE remakes that have already released. I think this system is going to see a lot of re-releases from last gen.

Top Bottom