• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All New Skyward Sword Info from GI + Nintendo

mdtauk

Boney said:
Because it was the Zelda 3 formula which has stood the test of time ever since.

But OoT took some bits of Zelda 2, so it was not completely forgotton... At least by Nintendo.

Boney

Banned
mdtauk said:

But OoT took some bits of Zelda 2, so it was not completely forgotton... At least by Nintendo.
no i mean

learn how to read guys

Kard8p3

Cow Mengde said:
Zelda 2 says hi. Why does everyone ignore this game? This game is also different and changed up the Zelda formula.

I said NES games. Seeing as there's only 2 Zelda games for the NES I'd say I covered Zelda 2.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gibdos were pretty tough, as were a couple spots and enemies in LttP. Just went through the Ice Palace, that was pretty tough if you're not prepared.

Kard8p3 said:
I'd argue that with the exception of the NES games none of the regular enemies in a Zelda game have been challenging. I don't really play zelda for enemy difficulty anyway.

Cow Mengde said:
Zelda 2 says hi. Why does everyone ignore this game? This game is also different and changed up the Zelda formula.

mdtauk said:

Boney said:

Boney said:
no i mean

learn how to read guys
slowpoke-psyduck_1040.jpg

Andrex said:
Gibdos were pretty tough, as were a couple spots and enemies in LttP.

That whole game is pretty hard for me. It's good, but I just don't care for top-down games as much.

Also, on the topic of SS's difficulty. I won't mind if it's not extremely difficult. Challenge is much more preferred than 'rip your hair out hard' in my book. Some people are into those kind of games, but I would rather not have to die a hundred times to move on.

Xun

BurntPork said:
:/

It'll never get harder than TP ever again, will it? Another game where you can go through an entire dungeon without getting damaged once...
I've played the game, and believe me it's "harder".

It requires more thought.

I have a feeling the music in this game is going to blow us all away, even more so than Galaxy's did. I can't wait to have this game in my hands.

LegendofJoe said:
I have a feeling the music in this game is going to blow us all away, even more so than Galaxy's did. I can't wait to have this game in my hands.

Hopefully, they at the very least give it the Galaxy treatment and release a soundtrack for it. :B

hatchx

Banned
Electivirus said:
Hopefully, they at the very least give it the Galaxy treatment and release a soundtrack for it. :B

lol.

Someone missed Zelda news from three weeks ago. The soundtrack comes with the game!

MYE

Jaded Alyx said:

They ARE releasing a soundtrack CD with SS music

Maybe i missunderstood him?

edit:

I thought Miyamoto confirmed SS music in it. But yeah, a SS dedicated OST releasewould be great.

Mlatador

Banned
LegendofJoe said:

even more than smg? can it even be topped?

Yes, I should've been clearer, but I meant a full Skyward Sword soundtrack, not the concert CD that comes with the Anniversary Edition of the game.

jett said:
Someone will rip all the of the audio out of the disc anyway.

Personally, I'd prefer the real thing. It'd be a shame for Nintendo not to release a Skyward Sword soundtrack after going through so much effort for its music.

jett

D-Member
Electivirus said:
Personally, I'd prefer the real thing. It'd be a shame for Nintendo not to release a Skyward Sword soundtrack after going through so much effort for its music.

Well they released full soundtracks for SMG1 and 2 so I don't see why they wouldn't for this one.

jett said:
Well they released full soundtracks for SMG1 and 2 so I don't see why they wouldn't for this one.

Nintendo's really...inconsistent when it comes to soundtrack releases nowadays. Last Zelda soundtrack they actually bothered to release was for Wind Waker.

Kard8p3

I can't wait for the music to show up a week before the game comes out. I remember the week before galaxy 2 when all it's music leaked. We went crazy over how amazing the final boss theme was.

MYE said:
Topping SMG1/2's ost is almost impossible, but if it manages to do it..... oh man

Thing is Skyward Sword will likely have more tracks which means more opportunities to fall short at points. Still though I think it'll at least be as great as the Galaxy music with some tracks topping the best from galaxy.

Electivirus said:
Don't worry they will. They'll release it on Club Nintendo in Japan, then Europe and Australia will follow, but North America will not get it.

MYE

Kard8p3 said:
I can't wait for the music to show up a week before the game comes out. I remember the week before galaxy 2 when all it's music leaked. We went crazy over how amazing the final boss theme was.

And the credits song!!! I squealled like a little girl lol

BY2K

Membero Americo
IceDoesntHelp said:
Don't worry they will. They'll release it on Club Nintendo in Japan, then Europe and Australia will follow, but North America will not get it.

Stop it with the NoA shit, Jesus Christ. It's depressing enough as it is.

Amir0x

Banned
yeah i ain't touching that. Game soundtracks are definitely meant to be heard in-game first.

God I can't believe how close we are now. Gettin' surreal

Boney said:
how can you guys spoil yourself the soundtrack like that

I am a massive VGM enthusiast. I can honestly say I'm looking forward to the soundtrack more than I am the game itself, and that's saying something.

Kard8p3

Boney said:
how can you guys spoil yourself the soundtrack like that

The soundtrack made me want to play Galaxy 2 even more. I wont be spoiling the soundtrack for this but I will listen to some of it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Amir0x said:
yeah i ain't touching that. Game soundtracks are definitely meant to be heard in-game first.

God I can't believe how close we are now. Gettin' surreal

It's still 50 days away. :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm most eager to hear more of the dungeon track from the E3 demo. Hearing that in person was just stunning, and is the most memorable of the compositions heard so far for me.

IceDoesntHelp said:
I was just going by the Galaxy soundtracks. Sorry :/
Though Galaxy 2 hasn't been release outside of Japan, yet.

I'll probably end up getting my soundtrack copy (assuming there IS one) second-hand as I did with Galaxy 1 and 2. Feh.

GameE

EatChildren said:
I'm most eager to hear more of the dungeon track from the E3 demo. Hearing that in person was just stunning, and is the most memorable of the compositions heard so far for me.

Me to. I couldnt believe how much I liked that music; want to hear more :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TheCongressman1 said:
That whole game is pretty hard for me. It's good, but I just don't care for top-down games as much.

Also, on the topic of SS's difficulty. I won't mind if it's not extremely difficult. Challenge is much more preferred than 'rip your hair out hard' in my book. Some people are into those kind of games, but I would rather not have to die a hundred times to move on.

The thing with the 2D games is the combat is pretty much a crap shoot most of the time, and extremely unbalanced in LttP. If you have the lightning rolls you can keep everything at bay and the game is a cakewalk, lose half a heart and suddenly when a bunch of guards are on your tail you can lose six hearts at once.

Pretty much cemented my thinking that Zelda is a puzzle game with light action elements.

ASIS

Lord Ghirahim said:
49 days and 10 hours for me D:
Dude that's only 7 weeks, which means 7 more episodes of grey's anatomy and I'll have SS in my hands (yes I'm using a random TV show as my countdown, got a problem with that?)

Andrex said:
The thing with the 2D games is the combat is pretty much a crap shoot most of the time, and extremely unbalanced in LttP. If you have the lightning rolls you can keep everything at bay and the game is a cakewalk, lose half a heart and suddenly when a bunch of guards are on your tail you can lose six hearts at once.

Pretty much cemented my thinking that Zelda is a puzzle game with light action elements.
Uh, don't you love Twilight Princess?

Top Bottom