• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All New Skyward Sword Info from GI + Nintendo

discocaine said:
I want them to bring back those little devil guys with forks that prod you and make the funny ni-ni-ni sounds from Wind Waker. They were great. I also hope your sword makes that slapping sound when you hit an enemy. Ah Wind Waker, it was such a ballet.
Hell no. They're one of the most annoying zelda enemies ever created.

and that intro music is so good. Reminds me of princess mononoke for some reason.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
TheCongressman1 said:
I'm sure at some point Fi says "It's too dangerous out there, go back."

I hope they pull a Skies of Arcadia and make it so when you reach one edge, you pop out on the other side.

Platy

Th game can be an unplayble mess that "damages the franchise" more than other m and ff14 togheter ...

but the POSSIBILITY of an arrangement of Song of Storms orchestrated makes this the best game ever automaticaly

Anth0ny

If the final dungeon has the Great Palace music orchestrated

and at some point it starts raining, and an orchestrated Song of Storms starts playing

SS is automatically the game of the forever. Even better than Majora's Mask. I'd die on the spot, happily.

Akai

Palace Theme, Song of Storms, and Cloud Tops are all good choices. LttP's Dark World theme should also be there for sure...

BY2K

Membero Americo
LTTP's Dark World, Skull Forest, Title Screen and End Credits.
Wind Waker's Molgera Theme, Dragon Roost Island.
Ocarina of Time's Song of Storm, Nocturne of Shadow, Sheik's Theme (I have a feeling this one will be in.)
Adventure of Link's Palace, Great Palace and Main Theme.
Link's Awakening's Balad of the Wind Fish and Tal Tal Heights.
Zelda Overworld (It's already confirmed to be in, but they won't tell us where.)

EDIT: Btw, my Australian friends, Skyward Sword is being released November 24th in your country. The same date as Super Mario 3D Land.

Watch Da Birdie said:
They HAVE to include that line now. :(

Zelda needs a few self-referencial jokes here and there.
95vecm.jpg

Lord Ghirahim said:
I hope AoL's Palace theme is in.

I'm hoping for LTTP's Castle Theme myself. Best song in the entire series, if you ask me. I would give up my mouth for that song being orchestrated in Skyward Sword.

Lord Ghirahim said:
I hope AoL's Palace theme is in.

This plus having a town with the AoL town theme would be awesome and different then the numerous variations of Kakariko.

I want the original dungeon motif in a dungeon somewhere... at least a small hint of it. It hasn't been used except for maybe that small cameo in Majora's Mask.

Akai

IAmtheFMan said:
I want the original dungeon motif in a dungeon somewhere... at least a small hint of it. It hasn't been used except for maybe that small cameo in Majora's Mask.

Well, and Minish Cap, but it'd be nice to hear it again...

BY2K

Membero Americo
THE song that got my head into nostalgia overdrive in Wind Waker was this.

Haven't heard that one in 10 years by the time Wind Waker came out. Goosebumps.

EDIT: Nice CD!

BY2K

Membero Americo
... I'm seeing comments about people actually thinking we'll start the game with 6 hearts.

I mean, really? Zelda games NEVER begin with 6 hearts, it's for the demo's sake.

BY2K said:
... I'm seeing comments about people actually thinking we'll start the game with 6 hearts.

I mean, really? Zelda games NEVER begin with 6 hearts, it's for the demo's sake.

Who knows, they might have went overboard with the changes...

What would have been cool is if they let you choose to start with 1, 3, or 6 hearts. That would give some difficulty options without actually having to change any values. Too bad they didn't...

Lunar15

Man, the minish cap re-used or at least, re-mixed a lot of great tunes. It's the only game to at least REFERENCE the Forest theme from ALTTP.

ALTTP :Forest Theme
Minish Cap : Minish Woods

Ever since Saria's song, ALTTP's forest theme is rarely ever played. Such a shame, I love it!

ALTTP has the greatest end credit music. The slow part I mean. That shit will never be topped. I can't figure out why they haven't revisited some of these themes.

Kard8p3

BY2K said:

Yeah people should know better. The twilight princess demo of the forest temple gave you five hearts but obviously that wasn't the case with the final game.

Kard8p3

Lunar15 said:
Man, the minish cap re-used or at least, re-mixed a lot of great tunes. It's the only game to at least REFERENCE the Forest theme from ALTTP.

ALTTP :Forest Theme
Minish Cap : Minish Woods

Ever since Saria's song, ALTTP's forest theme is rarely ever played. Such a shame, I love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs5tP498l1s

It almost made it to Twilight Princess.

Actually the comments make it seem like it's fake. Also sorry for double posting.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Hmmm... in the Upgrade System video, Link has 6 hearts, and doesn't seem to be very far in the game.

I think there's a slight possibility that you start the game with 6 hearts.

YOt9s.png

That is a screenshot of the earliest point in the game I can find. Still 6 hearts.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Andrex said:
Is it Fi or Phi?

I hope it's Phi, obviously (see: tag.)
As a former math major, I am quite disappointed that it's Fi. :(

Gravijah said:
i'm a massive VGM buff myself, and it's my favorite part of gaming, and that's exactly why i'm not listening to any of the songs. i want to experience it all in game, first hand.
Zelda is the only series that I take this stance with for some reason. Every other game, I don't mind listening to the entire soundtrack before playing it. But with Zelda, I have to hear the tracks in-game. I'm weird. I want to be surprised by this game's soundtrack. I'm sure it'll be great.

SilverLunar said:
Cloud Tops and Palace of Winds NEED this, it fits the game even!
This. The Minish Cap has some great stuff.

BY2K said:
I think there's a slight possibility that you start the game with 6 hearts.

So, they upped the damage from enemies, and then they increase the number of hearts. I really hope not. That defeats the whole purpose...

Even worse, no more 3 heart runs? :(

Lets just hope all this press stuff was not final...

Top Bottom