• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

46K Ps5 on Amazon later today

Derktron

Banned
So how is up to 500$ profit per unit not worth while anymore?
I don't care about no damn math bro. Speak to someone else who cares. I'm busy trying to get a damn PS5 bro. Also, cut the shit, it doesn't matter if they are making a profit or not. People are still it more than the original price...............Now shhhhhhh daddy is trying to get his new toy.

Ulysses 31

A $700 console

$560 for the console
~$70 (10% of the $700 sale price)
$30 to ship

So $660 total means you're making $40.
I'm guessing that's the DE version because I'm not seeing the disc version for that cheap on ebay europe. Which would mean your math is also off by a 100$

NoviDon

we would have a much better chance and actually a minute or two to get a console before they were all burned through if they didn't drip feed their stock. this is actually helping the bots acquire all the units because we have no time to get in and get one in the back end...

I literally just posted a link where you can buy them all day long for $700.
I'm still seeing them sold for 800 on ebay and listings on offer up around that price too. You can always work around offer up and go for a local meet too. The console is 550 after tax, even if you get 660 after everything that's 110 easy profit off a bot. Flip that in volume and that's good profit still. If anything it just encourages them to flip at higher volumes meaning buying at higher volumes too

Who the fuck is buying 10,000 PS5s literally the second it’s posted????? WHOOOO
1-144.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dumb question.

Why cant e-commerce sites block bots?

It seems they have a backdoor way of doing this instead of the normal process we all go through clicking the add to cart, buy button and check out. All with screen by screen loading times.

But bots seem to able to backdoor it with faster access.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dumb question.

It seems they have a backdoor way of doing this instead of the normal process we all go through clicking the add to cart, buy button and check out. All with screen by screen loading times.

Because they don't care. A sale is a sale. You think these massive corporations that buy products from slave labor are going to grow a heart for us privileged people over luxury items?

They do the minimal of efforts to look like "they try," like a captcha (which Walmart did not add until months into this) that does nothing for the backdoor usually.

NoviDon

Because they don't care. A sale is a sale. You think these massive corporations that buy products from slave labor are going to grow a heart for us privileged people over luxury items?

They do the minimal of efforts to look like "they try," like a captcha (which Walmart did not add until months into this) that does nothing for the backdoor usually.
while it takes us a second or two to react and click the captcha, it take the ai a couple milliseconds lol

Hari Seldon

Dumb question.

Lol the education software that my local district paid for was written by a software dev who did not know how to handle input text in either lower or upper case. Professionally sold software written by a literal dumbfuck that can't regex with zero testing by anyone.

Gamerguy84

PSDIRECT and Amazon are the best links IMO. Direct has a room and then everyone is entered randomly its not how fast you get there.

I got both mine from BB though. Friend of mine got to the room late and got one from direct.

There have been drops 3 days in a row though.

Derktron

Banned
this is kinda addicting, in a kinky masochistic kinda way NGL
No, it's not it's frustrating and pathetic over a damn product. I have a better chance of getting an iPhone 12 than a damn PS5. Hell even a damn Series S which I have is easier.

leo-j

Hint, if you are using Walmart they sell out immediately but keep waiting and refreshing, it will turn yellow to add to cart shortly after. That’s how I got mine, it’s to trick scalpers.

this is kinda addicting, in a kinky masochistic kinda way NGL
I said a few pages back i was quiting , i lied. Been trying every 10 minutes. F this now though. I could of been playing some kingdoms of amalaur on my switch, its my day off work, or AC: odyessy on pc.. (or a million other games) I don't know why i bothered. Last time I did was on pre-order day and release day, both times walmart , both times same shit.

Top Bottom