• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

46K Ps5 on Amazon later today

NoviDon

I clicked add to cart and did the damn captcha and it was loading for like a minute, said there was an error adding the item to your cart, try again, and of course when you try again your fucked lol

I clicked add to cart and did the damn captcha and it was loading for like a minute, said there was an error adding the item to your cart, try again, and of course when you try again your fucked lol
i never even got a captcha after clicking add to cart

Last edited:
Hint, if you are using Walmart they sell out immediately but keep waiting and refreshing, it will turn yellow to add to cart shortly after. That’s how I got mine, it’s to trick scalpers.
What do you mean. I got add to cart, hit robot captcha and immediatly get out of stock not in cart. Then it grays out. Hitting refresh will show the add to cart button but clicking on it will give a out of stock message. If you wait eventually it goes to the message bout the next time frame. So don't know how you were able to get. This is the 3rd day I have tried this shit site and I am there excatly on time and they never put it in your cart. Well last time in nov. they put it in my cart only to be stolen a minute later by jack off thieves.

leo-j

Mine said will be back in stock at 3 10 a couple months back, I knew they were doing the anti scalper thing so I kept refreshing and about half a minute or so in the button turned yellow and I ended up with a ps5. It works.

leo-j

What do you mean. I got add to cart, hit robot captcha and immediatly get out of stock not in cart. Then it grays out. Hitting refresh will show the add to cart button but clicking on it will give a out of stock message. If you wait eventually it goes to the message bout the next time frame. So don't know how you were able to get. This is the 3rd day I have tried this shit site and I am there excatly on time and they never put it in your cart. Well last time in nov. they put it in my cart only to be stolen a minute later by jack off thieves.
Did you have ur Walmart account ready to go? Like it’s just click click checkout? That’s how I had mine all my payment and address detailed were saved to my Walmart account and I got one.

NoviDon

I said a few pages back i was quiting , i lied. Been trying every 10 minutes. F this now though. I could of been playing some kingdoms of amalaur on my switch, its my day off work, or AC: odyessy on pc.. (or a million other games) I don't know why i bothered. Last time I did was on pre-order day and release day, both times walmart , both times same shit.
well at least we know walmart isn't worth it. their a no go fucking pricks
Mine said will be back in stock at 3 10 a couple months back, I knew they were doing the anti scalper thing so I kept refreshing and about half a minute or so in the button turned yellow and I ended up with a ps5. It works.
so your saying once the add to cart button popped up you refreshed the screen until the button changed?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This item will be back at 4:10 PM ET.
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Yeah going to chock this off to bots knowing that people got checks (i had money way before) so people will be trying to buy. They want to rip more people off so are on this like crazy, mixed with the stimulus money people.

leo-j

well at least we know walmart isn't worth it. their a no go fucking pricks

so your saying once the add to cart button popped up you refreshed the screen until the button changed?
Once it said add to cart I went and swiftly checked it out. It will say add to cart keep refreshing until it does between the time towards the 10 minute increment. That’s how I got mine.

I noticed it doesn't open up exactly on the time. It was like 20 -25 seconds after 4:10 before the button showed. I wonder if the bots are taking advantage of the 20 seconds and we get screwed as the site button is delayed but bots can get past it.

Once it said add to cart I went and swiftly checked it out. It will say add to cart keep refreshing until it does between the time towards the 10 minute increment. That’s how I got mine.
Yeah most of us aren't even getting it checked out. It goes to a message about now out of stock as soon as you hit the capture.

leo-j

I noticed it doesn't open up exactly on the time. It was like 20 -25 seconds after 4:10 before the button showed. I wonder if the bots are taking advantage of the 20 seconds and we get screwed as the site button is delayed but bots can get past it.
Or maybe they figured it out..... you have to be quick

Alright, im out, too much time wasted. Hope me leaving helps one of you guys out. Going to play something and wait for the rain to end so

All this effort to play my ps4 pro games more smoothly/crisp lol. Because let's face it there are still no exclusive games for this thing

baphomet

You guys think StockX is shady?

No wonder you all have such a hard time understanding the reselling market and culture.

Unlike eBay they track actual, verifiable sales. The seller sends the item to stockx, stockx verifies it's legit, and then sends it to the buyer. This place is what determines the vast majority of the market.

But I can see why someone would think a multibillion dollar international corporation could be shady 🙄

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You guys think StockX is shady?

No wonder you all have such a hard time understanding the reselling market and culture.

Unlike eBay they track actual, verifiable sales. The seller sends the item to stockx, stockx verifies it's legit, and then sends it to the buyer. This place is what determines the vast majority of the market.

But I can see why someone would think a multibillion dollar international corporation could be shady 🙄
Leonardo Dicaprio Calvin Candie GIF

Please post precisely what you did, or did you just ninja the captcha really fast?
i downloaded the walmart app from google play store and simply kept hitting add to cart

DO NOT USE THE WEB SITE, IT CRASHES, USE THE WALMART APP

YOU'LL GET THROUGH. I'VE BEEN TRYING SINCE 8AM ON AMAZON AND WALMART AND THIS IS THE ONLY METHOD THAT WORKED

Last edited:

Elios83

This is the second big restock that Amazon got this month. Shipments are becoming more frequent and more substantial everywhere worldwide and it's still impossible to tell when people will be able to comfortably get one.

Hari Seldon

let me know if u have any success

No go but I made it further than I did on the website. I couldn't immediately add it to my cart, but it went to my cart at 4:53. Didn't get the out of stock message until checkout, but it remained in my cart for 8 minutes or so. Kept trying to check out, still out of stock. Now it is gone. But yeah this is the better method for next time.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Why doesn't sony sell these to verified Sony customers directly? People with actual PS network accounts and games owned?

Gamerguy84

Pretty sure I signed up for this and heard nothing........good thing I found one on my own.
They hold DIRECTS usually unannounced. They put everyone in a waiting room and when it opens its random so it's nice and relaxed. This is the one you need your PSN name and password to buy.

assurdum

Banned
I have to say: everytime some new tiny stock appears, I feel really stupid to pray to can spend 499 bucks. This start of generation it's sucks in every single way possible.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They hold DIRECTS usually unannounced. They put everyone in a waiting room and when it opens its random so it's nice and relaxed. This is the one you need your PSN name and password to buy.
And it’s only 1 per account and household, free shipping with Plus. Not that it can’t be cheated, but much harder to do with the nature of the queue.

Still would like a waiting list ticket system so one could be notified when it’s their time to buy, versus trying to find the time and patience. But it’s still better than how the rest of the retail space handles it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom