• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: Ghost of Tsushima (PS5)

RPS37

I recently finished watching Blue Eye Samurai on Netflix and it got me on a Samurai kick, so I decided to pop Ghost of Tsushima back in.
I had only played for a couple hours when I first got my PS5 and never jumped back in.
I’m about 6 hours in and it is dope. I finally see why it won Player’s Choice.
I love following the wind and then getting pulled away by a fight or a yellow bird.
Difficulty level is great on Normal for a dude like me.
Its crazy that a PS4 game from 2020 has graphics that still hold up today (I am playing the PS5 version but yeah)

Anyway, I wonder Rise Of the Ronin will measure up.

Forth

Absolutely loved this game too and currently playing through it.
But I have the bug were Jin will not jog when pushing the left stick forward, he only walks. But I just read that I need to turn on the dead zone compensation setting.
Weird because my dualsense definitely doesn't have a deadzone issue.

Skifi28

I've finished it three times. It's far from perfect and there are tons of things I would want improved/fixed in a sequel, but they got all the basics just right.

ghost of tsushima's very cool, very pretty, & I really enjoyed it... until i didn't anymore. just like days gone, it far overstays its welcome, & should've ended earlier than it does

like, at the end of the second area

eventually, it just becomes very repetitive/exhausting, & that plus the constant grim/serious atmosphere began to weigh me down. which sucks, because, as much as I genuinely enjoyed it, it ended up leaving a bad taste in my mouth...

That opening title screen. That whole sequence gave me goosebumps the first time I played it. What an intro

Lovely game. Really enjoyed my time playing it. Didn't manage to finish it but had a blast.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

one of the best games that i've played in 2022 and i was salty as fuck cause they had to put Infamous down for this game.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

It’s a great game and especially from visual perspective and art direction it was one of the best made.

I also quite enjoyed the combat. Set in black and white and you kind of feel like a Kurosawa movie.

RPS37

12 hours in and I’m still loving it. I’m not even touching the main story, I just keep exploring and doing side shit and leveling up.

what kind of games are similar style/quality?

should I jump back in to RDR2, Witcher 3 or something else after this?
The last game I finished before jumping into this was Spidey 2 and I loved that as well.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Really wanted to love the game. Tried twice, each up to about five hours.

Just too much narrative and padding.

Amazing game, I started it and left it hanging when BG3 released.

Recently been watching SHOGUN on Hulu and been making me wanna finish the game.

Most intense samurai duels, ever.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
12 hours in and I’m still loving it. I’m not even touching the main story, I just keep exploring and doing side shit and leveling up.

what kind of games are similar style/quality?

should I jump back in to RDR2, Witcher 3 or something else after this?
The last game I finished before jumping into this was Spidey 2 and I loved that as well.

Have you played the first Horizon?

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
You think I’ll need make another RTTP thread next month?
I never got too far.

Up to you dude. I think 1 is way worth playing through than 2. The story is very self contained and I think it finishes wonderfully. No need for a sequel.

Top Bottom