• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

46K Ps5 on Amazon later today

Gamerguy84

been up since 8am

was there for walmart at 3pm

site froze was unable to add to cart

gotta love bots and scalpers

if u bought a PS5/XBSX from a scalper, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM
Drops again at 3:10

Have to keep hitting addbto cart. Smash until button goes away. Therr should be a few drops. So 3 more minutes

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
I wish retailers or Sony would do a waiting list system at this point. This "first come first serve" is not working for anyone but the bots.
Yeah, something needs to be implemented to stop this bullshit and some say that bots aren't a thing anymore.

I wish retailers or Sony would do a waiting list system at this point. This "first come first serve" is not working for anyone but the bots.
They need to do like Evga does for graphics cards. You enter a queue and when its available and your time comes you get it. It may take some time but eventually you will be there.
Its so strange. I pre-ordered ps4 months in advanced , fully paid for. Walked into gamestop on launch night, and was out the door in 10 minutes, playing by 12:30pm. Don't see why they can't stock these in stores yet, the stores are open.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They need to do like Evga does for graphics cards. You enter a queue and when its available and your time comes you get it. It may take some time but eventually you will be there.
Its so strange. I pre-ordered ps4 months in advanced , fully paid for. Walked into gamestop on launch night, and was out the door in 10 minutes, playing by 12:30pm. Don't see why they can't stock these in stores yet, the stores are open.
Sony does that on their own Direct site, but even then, you wait in line and if you are in the back half, you are assed out when they run out of stock.

An actual ticket system with a waiting list so you know you will have one with your name on it when it reaches you would be better. Instead of trial and error and being in perpetual back of the line unless you hunt down time consuming script setups.
What logic is this? Scaplers aren't gonna try to get more stock of something in high demand? o_O
Ignore the bullshitter.

Last edited:

baphomet

What logic is this? Scaplers aren't gonna try get more stock of something in high demand? o_O

They buy things that can be resold for profit. A PS5 is no longer making enough profit to be worth reselling.

I swear the majority of this forum has no clue how any of this shit works.

Wow, got to add to cart and it messed up on the not a robot, and i had to click again then got "out of stock try again." Im done. not wasting my time anymore.

NoviDon

i've always been able to walk into a store after the holidays and just grab the console and a game or two, this is just insane. I wonder if this is going to be the new reality with console launches going forward? maybe they will solve the bot issue, but the limited supply constraints because of lower yields from die shrinks/future tech.

They buy things that can be resold for profit. A PS5 is no longer making enough profit to be worth reselling.

Ugh it is up on amazon for minimum 976.99 with a list of resellers going into the 1000s... They are selling for 2x or more... Its making bank for scalpers. What are you smokin?

Ulysses 31

iu

bigedole

This reminds me of trying to get the damn invisible spear on FFXII lol. Gotta pass consecutive low odds RNG checks with add to cart to get one!

baphomet

Receipts!

You have been jumping in these threads for over a month now with this bullshit. Stop trolling, what do you gain out of it?
I'm trying to enlighten the huge amount of half heads in this forum about this.

Moneal

Bro, they are still reselling for $950+ minimum. That is profit. I swear, you don't know how profits work.
after ebay and paypal fees it really isn't much.
why not link an actual search instead of just one listing.

Reallink

i've always been able to walk into a store after the holidays and just grab the console and a game or two, this is just insane. I wonder if this is going to be the new reality with console launches going forward? maybe they will solve the bot issue, but the limited supply constraints because of lower yields from die shrinks/future tech.

It will not only continue, it'll get worse. Only 1 company on the face of the earth (TSMC) is capable of manufacturing relevant chips anywhere near the capacity demanded by modern consumerism. Additional production capacity takes 3-5+ years to get off the ground due to the cost and complexity of the plants. We have exceeded the practical limits of humanity's ability to produce these particular goods.

Last edited:

They're reselling for 800 still, a ps5 is 550 after tax so that's a decent profit per console. I don't see how they won't resell them

Top Bottom