• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

46K Ps5 on Amazon later today

Aenima

Me and all the scalpers in Portugal ahah.

This stock shortage situation really sucks.
Well, Fnac only sells 1 console per costumer, so it should avoid scalping. I just checked Fnac, they expect new stock for March 23. Btw the alerts on Fnac i think is just adding a product to your wishlist, i think thats what i did and received an email warning me about the charging station available, after i bought it, it sold out later in the same day.

Last edited:
wait that tweet said 9am - 11am...wtf it 12:45 EST now. Did I miss it?
Dont think it ever happened. I was looking at the page the whole time on Amazon and didn't once see it show a buy button. Only a "Available from these sellers" link where the cheapest was $976.00" and up. These "re-sellers" / scalpers are greedy scumbags.

I shoudn't even waste my time. Only reason i did as i am off work today and its raining outside.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
So it's Amazon AND Walmart? Lemme hop on twitter

My NowInstock alerts haven't pinged anything yet.

Last edited:

NoviDon

series x walmart stock drop is happening at 2:30 ET, so in about 45 mins! I wish it was happening at the same time at ps5 drop to spread the scalpers thin.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Well, Fnac only sells 1 console per costumer, so it should avoid scalping. I just checked Fnac, they expect new stock for March 23. Btw the alerts on Fnac i think is just adding a product to your wishlist, i think thats what i did and received an email warning me about the charging station available, after i bought it, it sold out later in the same day.

Well, thanks for the info man! Didn't knew about that on Fnac.

Wish me luck :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

got my launch unit at fnac 👍

NoviDon

how quickly Walmarts series x's sell through will give us a heads up about how quickly we will have to move to get a ps5 and what the chances are.

Derktron

Banned
It's not bots. The reselling market is already at the point they're barely making any money.

It's entirely demand from regular people also trying to get one.
I don’t believe it. Bots are the real issue. That needs to be handled even regular people use bots.

Hari Seldon

I mean if I don't get one today I will probably code up a scraper to automate this for me. This is too much time wasted and it is a good way to refresh some of my web skills that I never use.

NoviDon

looks like its going to be a periodic drip feed. Xbox was available for a minute or two, now its saying itll be back at 2:40...weird...

Derktron

Banned
looks like its going to be a periodic drip feed. Xbox was available for a minute or two, now its saying itll be back at 2:40...weird...
That's a good thing, gives people a chance to catch one up. Hopefully, I get lucky this time around. I want to get rid of my Series S for a PS5.

Fox Mulder

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

I got a job and can’t babysit stock shit like this.

NoviDon

That's a good thing, gives people a chance to catch one up. Hopefully, I get lucky this time around. I want to get rid of my Series S for a PS5.
im thinking walmart is going to be a matter of seconds not minutes. have your information updated and saved and click through as fast as you can.

Wow, walmart, i got to a "waiting room" exactly at 3 i got to the page and no sale button, hit refresh and "item will be back at 3:10" wtf....

Did bots get it first, i am guessing more scalpers. ...f these douchebags!!!!!! grrr...

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I wish retailers or Sony would do a waiting list system at this point. This "first come first serve" is not working for anyone but the bots.

Top Bottom