• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

46K Ps5 on Amazon later today

Paulxo87

This is crazy that this is still going on.. Reading through past page or so I really feel for you guys. I was able to get one by pure luck on launch during the walmart first wave pre-orders. I just so happened to be browsing neogaf too when someone posted the orders were live.

The wait will make it that much sweeter! Keep the faith all

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
i downloaded the walmart app from google play store and simply kept hitting add to cart

DO NOT USE THE WEB SITE, IT CRASHES, USE THE WALMART APP

YOU'LL GET THROUGH. I'VE BEEN TRYING SINCE 8AM ON AMAZON AND WALMART AND THIS IS THE ONLY METHOD THAT WORKED

This is good advice. Target is the same way. I think Target even says sold only thru the app on some stock checker.

I know its frustrating. But I have used a live stream to get both an XSX and PS5. The guy running the stream uses a script that checks stock all day, every day. Its not a bot to buy the consoles, but it is a bot to check for stock.

As many times as I've been on that stream at least 20 ppl at a minimum get one when there is stock, both consoles (he does polls). I had multiple chances before I finally go the PS5. One time I got thru Direct, paid and my bank declined it, lol. Last week I had 3 minutes left and just left because I was only looking for the dual sense charger. The times I missed out was my fault ( moving and not updating address, not updating address and payment info for sites)

You can get one. It seems impossible but it isnt.

Also...he thinks some ppl scalping are using his stream. He cant tell for sure but still. So....fight fire with fire?

Just got a dual sense charger from Best Buy using Chrome extension OctoShop. Its kinda late or off with notifications, or ppl are snatching up accessories faster. But I finally got one.

Last edited:

bucyou

yay cant wait to buy another one and play spoderman

tumblr_pjv69tuEFj1y0suz3o1_400.gif

And it’s only 1 per account and household, free shipping with Plus. Not that it can’t be cheated, but much harder to do with the nature of the queue.

Still would like a waiting list ticket system so one could be notified when it’s their time to buy, versus trying to find the time and patience. But it’s still better than how the rest of the retail space handles it.
How do you get on this list or what not? I am on the site, I am a ps plus member since day 1. I have bought 100s of games. You would think i would of gotten emailed an invite. But nota. Shit I even have a playstation credit card, but nothing. No emails about ps5 buying at all.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
How do you get on this list or what not? I am on the site, I am a ps plus member since day 1. I have bought 100s of games. You would think i would of gotten emailed an invite. But nota. Shit I even have a playstation credit card, but nothing. No emails about ps5 buying at all.
There is no “list,” I wish there were is what I was saying.

On the Sony Direct, you need to just know when they have more in the store or get lucky visiting randomly. How they do their random pool is how Gamerguy84 Gamerguy84 explained it.

leo-j

Tbh I think it’s more Sony trying to sell at a profit than at a loss so they are adding more stock as the console becomes cheaper to manufacture. There is no way they are only selling to par with PS4 when at the time they were shipping ps4, ps3, ps vita, and in some places psp.

Enjay

Banned
I feel sorry for anyone that seriously thought they were gonna get one when everyone and their mother "knew" it was dropping today thanks to scammers trying to become influencers. And to those of us who are waiting for the slim or pro I don't think we're gonna be able to order those either. Seriously the only way things are gonna change at this point is if enough studios lose enough money on poor software sales or something that they decide to just develop for the prior gen again.

Last edited:
so, did the Amazon stock ever become available today? I had to head out and do stuff later on and didn't get to keep doing the fun activity of spam the refresh button the rest of the day.

baphomet

Tbh I think it’s more Sony trying to sell at a profit than at a loss so they are adding more stock as the console becomes cheaper to manufacture. There is no way they are only selling to par with PS4 when at the time they were shipping ps4, ps3, ps vita, and in some places psp.
That isn't at all how it works.

Rodolink

This is good advice. Target is the same way. I think Target even says sold only thru the app on some stock checker.

I know its frustrating. But I have used a live stream to get both an XSX and PS5. The guy running the stream uses a script that checks stock all day, every day. Its not a bot to buy the consoles, but it is a bot to check for stock.

As many times as I've been on that stream at least 20 ppl at a minimum get one when there is stock, both consoles (he does polls). I had multiple chances before I finally go the PS5. One time I got thru Direct, paid and my bank declined it, lol. Last week I had 3 minutes left and just left because I was only looking for the dual sense charger. The times I missed out was my fault ( moving and not updating address, not updating address and payment info for sites)

You can get one. It seems impossible but it isnt.

Also...he thinks some ppl scalping are using his stream. He cant tell for sure but still. So....fight fire with fire?

Just got a dual sense charger from Best Buy using Chrome extension OctoShop. Its kinda late or off with notifications, or ppl are snatching up accessories faster. But I finally got one.
does this youtube stream gets stock change also in Europe? can you share link?

Vae_Victis

Banned
There is a worldwide shortage of DRR6 RAM, and the production of 7nm CPUs is saturated and the very few factories that can do it are fully scheduled. Possibly other parts of the machine are also hard and expensive to produce right now, I don't know.

Even under normal circumstances a few months will have virtually no effect on lowering the manufacturing cost of a console, and in our situation I expect prices for most components will fluctuate up and down over time. PS5 might become tangibly cheaper to produce maybe by late 2022 - 2023, if it ever does without some internal hardware revision proving necessary.

dorkimoe

This is crazy that this is still going on.. Reading through past page or so I really feel for you guys. I was able to get one by pure luck on launch during the walmart first wave pre-orders. I just so happened to be browsing neogaf too when someone posted the orders were live.

The wait will make it that much sweeter! Keep the faith all
Yeah, its really mind blowing this is still happening. I keep telling people just wait, they are missing nothing so far.

Fox Mulder

You guys think StockX is shady?

No wonder you all have such a hard time understanding the reselling market and culture.

Unlike eBay they track actual, verifiable sales. The seller sends the item to stockx, stockx verifies it's legit, and then sends it to the buyer. This place is what determines the vast majority of the market.

But I can see why someone would think a multibillion dollar international corporation could be shady 🙄

yeah it’s a big site with backing, I just wasn’t even considering scalper prices when it was like $1000. $750ish isn’t that bad and stockx sounds better than trusting eBay.

Gamerguy84

BB just dropped again. They usually drop in waves like Walmart.

Edit scored.

Obligatory you have to use the app and have your info saved or you don't stand a chance

Last edited:

Codes 208

BB just dropped again. They usually drop in waves like Walmart.

Edit scored.

Obligatory you have to use the app and have your info saved or you don't stand a chance
Fucking hell, I had it in my cart but it kept trying to get me to switch stores for pickup so the run around put it out of stock before I could do shit.

Gamerguy84

Fucking hell, I had it in my cart but it kept trying to get me to switch stores for pickup so the run around put it out of stock before I could do shit.
Holy hell that stinks. It was trying to make you switch your pickup store?

Keep watching, these guys always put them up in waves. Usually somewhere around a half hour apart.

leo-j

amazon has ps5 behind switch in sales for the last couple days, so I assume there are way more than 46,000 switches being sold these last couple days?

Gamerguy84

amazon has ps5 behind switch in sales for the last couple days, so I assume there are way more than 46,000 switches being sold these last couple days?
To my knowledge PS5s haven't dropped through Amazon yet. They have new stock I've seen the video. They were supposed to release but they haven't. I expect it very soon though.

Man scalping and bots ruining new gen of gaming. Consoles and cards. I was lucky enough to have a ps5 and new card already but I still hate this scalper and bot culture.

mortal

Gold Member
Man scalping and bots ruining new gen of gaming. Consoles and cards. I was lucky enough to have a ps5 and new card already but I still hate this scalper and bot culture.
I'd say it's more a phenomenon rather than a culture, but yea I agree this fucking blows.

I was monitoring the drop at Bestbuy. Gone within a fraction of a second I swear.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Stores need to implement a hard cue. When it's out of stock, you can preorder and your place in line is saved. That way eventually you'll get to the front eventually instead of having to get lucky every time. And for christ sakes, limit it to 1 MAYBE 2 per customer.

you have to keep pressing the add to cart icon literally every second on the mobile app
I tried the walmart app, it at least keeps the add to cart button active, but when the drop hits, the add to cart says out of stock, click again out of stock, like 15 second later of continual clicking, and then it adds it to cart, after that immediately clicking checkout it says sold out.

Also tried leaving it in cart with checkout button ready, and clicking on checkout during drop, and it didn't work either.

You probably have to have very low ping, and get lucky. It is abysmal. Can't wait for more supply to drive the scalper bots out of the game.

jm89

If anyone in the UK wants one. Apparentley GAME have gotten around 20k ps5s, dropping possibly tomorrow at the earliest or sometime this week. 20k is bonkers for one retailer in the uk, maybe by summer stock situation will be sorted globally.

Scalpers with lots of unsold ps5s are gonna be sweating bullets soon.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
For PS Direct incognito tabs help. Open as many incognito tabs as you can handle first, then do the catchpas. I normally did 5 to 10. Some did many more, lol.

If done right you will see different progress bar sizes, and eventually different times. Just gotta make sure to periodically check tabs for catchpas.

Start all catchpas first, then go back and complete the first one and continue from there.

Those that dont know, you wont see the progress bar until this first countdown ends.

Last edited:
Top Bottom