• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Race 21 |OT| It Won Another Emmy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mHV4S.jpg

Welcome to another hopefully exciting season of the Amazing Race!

11 teams race around the world. Last team in each leg may or may not be eliminated. Grand prize of 1 million dollars!

Airs every Sunday on CBS at 8 PM.
Official Website

New twist this season: If the team that comes first in the first leg wins it all, then their prize will be doubled to 2 million dollars.

The Teams:

Tfx0w.jpg

Amy & Daniel: Dating On and Off

8WPEx.jpg

James & Abba: Rock and Roll Friends

tmhuH.jpg

Caitlin & Brittany: Best Friends

XrO41.jpg

Jaymes & James: Chippendales Performers

zEkoq.jpg

Rob & Sheila: Engaged Lumberjacks

sRfk7.jpg

Abbie & Ryan: Dating Divorcees

3Dw6K.jpg

Gary & Will: Substitute Teachers

dLLL0.jpg

Josh & Brent: Goat Farmers/Life Partners

yyboq.jpg

Trey & Lexi: Dating

bq32o.jpg

Nadiya & Natalie: Twin Sisters

mF736.jpg

Rob & Kelley: Married Monster Truckers

A little late as the first episode already aired, but let's hope this will be a good season!

I think this is the first season that I didn't find a team in the first episode that I want to root for.

Did find a team to root against, the twin sisters. That ping pong challenge was painful listening to the one yell at the other.

Edit-Highlight of the show was clearly "Abascus!"

Team Metal FTW!

Not many likeable teams, but lots of annoying ones

Team Twins needs to go, Team Monster Truck, team Divorcees, team Chippendale.....

isny

napkin dispenser
"Have you found the albacus?" "Do you know where the woman with the abarcust is?"

My god, the ignorance of people today...America's school system at work!

Ok, got around to watching the first episode.

Yeah, no one team really stands out for me in terms of liking them. Some teams can easily leave though. Doesn't help that I can't really tell apart most of the male and female teams, though it is mostly between Amy & Daniel and Abbie & Ryan.

SuperPac

More entertaining than most Amazing Race premieres are thanks to the frog fallopian tubes and the ping pong challenge. Real shame what happened to Amy & Daniel though.

I don't usually watch this show, but I watched some today and I was reminded just why I haven't tuned in since the second season. I can't take all the screaming and all the ignorant and rude behavior. (And this episode was pretty tame from what I've heard.)

I do hope they Chippendale guys win though.

Not a bad episode in terms of tasks but pretty silly how early the first team checked in during the episode.

At least I don't care one bit for the bottom teams.

TheYanger

I gotta admit, at least this one wasn't as predictible (although I suspected the blondes would go since the title was their quote and kind of implied they'd be the ones crying). Love this show still. I really don't want to like Jaymes and James but they're definitely entertaining and seem pretty nice despite my initial prejudices. I hate the substitute teachers.

Nezumi

I like this seasons so far. There is no team that I really hate (I kind of like the twins as well, sure they are loud, but all the yelling really seems to work for them). Glad to see the goat farmers got another chance. Only team I would like to see going at the moment would be the monstertruckers.

rCIZZLE

Damn that money thing is some shady shit. Chippendales has also surprised me by being one of the most likeable teams.

I love how one of the girls who stole the money resorted to stereotyping when she responded to the obvious tweets she got after the episode aired on Twitter.

Really hope they either get penalized next week or something happens since that's basically setting a precedent that the show doesn't care about people doing that if nothing's done.

I love how one of the girls who stole the money resorted to stereotyping when she responded to the obvious tweets she got after the episode aired on Twitter.

Really hope they either get penalized next week or something happens since that's basically setting a precedent that the show doesn't care about people doing that if nothing's done.

The Rockers dropped their money, the twins found money. They are playing a game where stupid mistakes and strokes of luck happen all the time. The twins did not break any rules of the race and should not be penalized.

rCIZZLE

The Rockers dropped their money, the twins found money. They are playing a game where stupid mistakes and strokes of luck happen all the time. The twins did not break any rules of the race and should not be penalized.

So leave the money on the ground by their bags. They ended up getting no real advantage but still looked like assholes on national television.

The way the camera angle showed it, it looked like they just left it on the table. That's called stealing. Theft is a crime. The Amazing Race should not be condoning stealing as a means to winning their game. I'm actually somewhat surprised that committing a crime isn't against the rules of the race.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The order I'd like to see the remaining teams finish.

1. Texas
2. Chippendales
3. Abbie/Ryan
4. Long Hair Don't Care
5. Goat Farmers
6. Twins.

Would be perfectly happy to see any of the top 4 win though.

Holy shit

This puts the usual India leg to shame in terms of team fuckups

Preview spoiler

Well I guess this is a
non-elimination, the farmers are eliminated or the rockers go home since the preview showed Ryan in the next leg

Jimrpg

I haven't watched since Season 10 i think or thereabouts... has anything changed about the show... last time I watched they added stuff like u-turns and what not...

have they gone to any new countries since then - they seem to have been going to the same old countries... i dont want to wikipedia it because i do want to one day go back and watch them all and dont want to spoil the endings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom