• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox likely to win next gen after PS5 reveal shows Series X is significantly more powerful and doesn't have anti-consumer policies.

Will you buy XSX or PS5 first after the PS5 low power, anti-consumer reveal?

• I will buy Series X first because it has power, games from new studios, and pro-consumer policies

Votes: 138 29.3%
  • I will still buy PS5 first. The anti-consumer policies and low power are not important to me.

Votes: 320 67.9%
  • Voost Kain was right again!!!

Votes: 13 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.

Digital Foundry: The Redemption Arc right guys?

The anti consumer policy talking point in favor of Xbox was some stupid fart in the brain that Phil Spencer came up with to justify the shit decisions they made. The OP of this thread is a console warrior victim of following Phil to battle.

Last edited:

wolffy71

Banned
Xbox will NEVER best sony in Asia. Its unlikely they will ever get close in Europe. NA is the only place xbox will ever compete.

Except for xbox's push for mobile gamers. They may claim some ground in that space.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

You know, I would argue that if the architecture is basically the same with some improvements, you shouuld be able to play at least game from previous gen normally. That just me.

Oh wait maybe I just understand it in a weird way, does new consoles deserve new gen of games which does not run in previous HW? Absolutely...

rsi8IFH.gif

wolffy71

Banned
Lol putting words into people's mouths or what. Sorta seems like 'anti-consumer' is just a silly narrative Xbox made up in order to justify them not having anything truly next-gen for a while in terms of games.

Except that most every 3rd party game will be more next gen(ish) on xbox. So thats like, what? 80% or more games will more next gen on xbox? Your point almost makes sense if you overlook that simple fact tho.

chilichote

We already have had many threads showing people here are concerned about Sony's anti-consumer policies, only really looking forward to the PS5 for Sony staples, but that was put into question when MS brought out several studios and increased development efforts on their new console attracting third-parties away from Sony slowly overtime.

Now the news has come out that not only will the PS5 be weaker than the Xbox Series X but it's a landslide victory across the board. Here are the PS5 specs

GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency) GPU Architecture: Custom RDNA 2. Memory/Interface: 16GB GDDR6/256-bit. Memory Bandwith: 448GB/s.

This is horrifying for Sony, they only put out this rushed conference in response to the Series X reveal to try to soften the bad press they would get. But as it turns out they may have grossly miscalculated.

Will you still buy a PS5 first even though it will be significantly weaker and filled with anti-consumer policies like censorship etc?
I'll say it in German:

Äh ja, ok.

If Spencer announces $399 at E3 and eats the cost to make up for it with Game Pass - Sony is dead.
I watched this entire gen from start to finish, and not once did Xbox Division ever actually sell their hardware at a loss.

Giving away software? Sure. That is why Gamepass is so cheap. But we have not see Xbox sell their hardware cheaply.
Except that most every 3rd party game will be more next gen(ish) on xbox. So thats like, what? 80% or more games will more next gen on xbox? Your point almost makes sense if you overlook that simple fact tho.
Third party games ran better on Xbox 360 than PS3, but PS3 still caught up in the end. Your lack of knoledge about the past makes it hard for you to predict the future.

Last edited:

chilichote

I watched this entire gen from start to finish, and not once did Xbox Division ever actually sell their hardware at a loss.

Giving away software? Sure. That is why Gamepass is so cheap. But we have not see Xbox sell their hardware cheaply.

Third party games ran better on Xbox 360 than PS3, but PS3 still caught up in the end. Your lack of knoledge about the past makes it hard for you to predict the future.
The XBox One was sold here in Germany for less than € 200 years ago. Well, Microsoft is giving away its hardware very cheaply. Maybe not from the start but definitely later.

Last edited:
The XBox One was sold here in Germany for less than € 200 years ago. Well, Microsoft is giving away its hardware very cheaply. Maybe not from the start but definitely later.
Yes, later. But not at the start. Not for Xbox One, not for Xbox One X, and not for Xbox SAD. Each time, game forums try to predict the launch price, and each time, forums guess too little. The assumption is that Xbox will throw open the mythical warchest and just win with money. And each time, the myth is proven false.

How many times can someone's guess be wrong before they change? Perhaps never.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Since I have a pc I’ll never get an Xbox so I’ll end up with a ps5 1st. That won’t be for years though.

Portugeezer

Yes, later. But not at the start. Not for Xbox One, not for Xbox One X, and not for Xbox SAD. Each time, game forums try to predict the launch price, and each time, forums guess too little. The assumption is that Xbox will throw open the mythical warchest and just win with money. And each time, the myth is proven false.

How many times can someone's guess be wrong before they change? Perhaps never.
Phil "Lie" Dispencer said so, so it must be true. Just like he was confident after seeing PS5 reveal, definitely not PR mind games.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

"More next gen", lol. They will look exactly the same, except for (probably) slightly larger or more frequent drops in dynamic resolution on PS5. It's not gonna be 900p vs 1080p again, the difference is much smaller this time.

Last edited:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Was OP banned back when he made this thread? Even if he was he should be banned again for this crap.

I am not sure what the big deal is it that he lied. If the head of Xbox PR could lie 24/7, then it makes perfect sense that fans of Xbox would eventially take his lead and do the same. This is what Xbox always stood for, deception.

Last time I told an Xbox poster about the lies, his only response is "So"?

*Edit away the final sentence to be less inflammatory, but i still stood by what I wanted to say.:

Last edited:

Ten_Fold

I have no reason to buy a series X, Halo infinite is delayed, Fable probably won’t be ready for another 2-3 years, that elder scrolls type game probably around the same time frame. I’m not really excited, also I have a PC so I can play them day one anyways. Yeah the PS5 does got that censorship, but if I wanna see tits I got a PC.

supernova8

Banned

So the choice is to play all the third party next-gen games (most of which will not come to Game Pass at least not for 2 years or so) plus a load of cross-gen first party games on Xbox, or play all those third party games plus a load of next-gen only first party games on PS5. I think I'd rather go for PS5.

wolffy71

Banned
"More next gen", lol. They will look exactly the same, except for (probably) slightly larger or more frequent drops in dynamic resolution on PS5. It's not gonna be 900p vs 1080p again, the difference is much smaller this time.

So small is still more right? So what i said stands. Most games will be more next gen like on xbox. If people dont want to hear this dont make threads claiming the weaker platform is more next gen, its stupid.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So small is still more right? So what i said stands. Most games will be more next gen like on xbox. If people dont want to hear this dont make threads claiming the weaker platform is more next gen, its stupid.

PS5 games will load data faster. Isn't that also more next gen? So I guess it evens out. Or is "next gen" ONLY about the number of pixels rendered?

(Actually, I'm pretty sure the PS5's 120% SSD speed advantage will be more noticeable than the XSX's 17% TF advantage overall.)

Last edited:

Calverz

I dont think either are particularly “anti-consumer”. But i do think microsoft have become much more consumer friendly last few years.

Personally i think the series x will be more powerful than the PS5 despite people in here seemingly not able to accept this.
I do accept that sony will have better games for at least the first couple of years of the new gen. i do think MS output will grow in next few years just because of the studios they have purchased.

im happy if there will be differences in the consoles because it means the 3rd party games will have differences.
I intend to buy both.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Are there many more gems like this? I joined recently and have read a lot about the xbox FUD campaign. This OP was hilarious, especially after how its turned out.

Oh there are lots of them mostly shilling for Stadia :poop: and they are all equally laughable. He supposedly got mad at Stadia and started pimping Xbox and making lots of nonsensical anti PS threads like this one.

Personally I think he was still pimping Stadia. xCloud is the biggest challenger to Stadia :poop: and Voost Kain shilling for Xbox is enough to make even the most ardent Xbox fan turn against Xbox "pie_tears_joy:

Last edited:

wolffy71

Banned
PS5 games will load data faster. Isn't that also more next gen? So I guess it evens out. Or is "next gen" ONLY about the number of pixels rendered?

(Actually, I'm pretty sure the PS5's 120% SSD speed advantage will be more noticeable than the XSX's 17% TF advantage overall.)
Problem there is its just load time. A factor that is improved for sure. But its improved on both consoles. And unlike more raw compute power its not really been demonstrated as a game changing concept yet. Maybe it will be but we need to actually see it come to fruition beforehand.

I
Problem there is its just load time. A factor that is improved for sure. But its improved on both consoles. And unlike more raw compute power its not really been demonstrated as a game changing concept yet. Maybe it will be but we need to actually see it come to fruition beforehand.
It is certainly working well enough, that people are denying the ps5 gaming footage in the showcase was real.
If that isn't proof of it being game changing, what is?

RoadHazard

Gold Member

A few more pixels in the most demanding scenarios (assuming dynamic resolution, which I'm sure most games will have next gen - very few will be locked to 4K) isn't exactly something I would call "game-changing" either. Loading in new data in a streaming type scenario (which most games will also be doing) more than twice as fast could definitely be more noticeable. It's not just about load times (as in loading screens).

At the end of the day, both consoles will be huge leaps over what we have now, each having some advantages over the other. Neither is "more next-gen" than the other.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Digital Foundry: The Redemption Arc right guys?

The anti consumer policy talking point in favor of Xbox was some stupid fart in the brain that Phil Spencer came up with to justify the shit decisions they made. The OP of this thread is a console warrior victim of following Phil to battle.

John != Leadbetter or Battaglia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom