• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox likely to win next gen after PS5 reveal shows Series X is significantly more powerful and doesn't have anti-consumer policies.

Will you buy XSX or PS5 first after the PS5 low power, anti-consumer reveal?

• I will buy Series X first because it has power, games from new studios, and pro-consumer policies

Votes: 138 29.3%
  • I will still buy PS5 first. The anti-consumer policies and low power are not important to me.

Votes: 320 67.9%
  • Voost Kain was right again!!!

Votes: 13 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkMiller

Not only have people bumped a 5 month thread as new, but are saying the thread "hasn't aged well" despite the X being more powerful and the cheaper Series S having the same CPU as the PS5?

Holy crap.

Bumps his own thread. Claims other people did it. In the same sentence.

That post in gif form:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

geordiemp

We already have had many threads showing people here are concerned about Sony's anti-consumer policies, only really looking forward to the PS5 for Sony staples, but that was put into question when MS brought out several studios and increased development efforts on their new console attracting third-parties away from Sony slowly overtime.

Now the news has come out that not only will the PS5 be weaker than the Xbox Series X but it's a landslide victory across the board. Here are the PS5 specs

GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency) GPU Architecture: Custom RDNA 2. Memory/Interface: 16GB GDDR6/256-bit. Memory Bandwith: 448GB/s.

This is horrifying for Sony, they only put out this rushed conference in response to the Series X reveal to try to soften the bad press they would get. But as it turns out they may have grossly miscalculated.

Will you still buy a PS5 first even though it will be significantly weaker and filled with anti-consumer policies like censorship etc?

I cant vote for OP is no smarter than timdog.....Why not ?

It must be fuin being so blind to how stuff works its quite amusing, people go through life not having a clue fio whats around them.

Prove to me its lower power, show me the benchmarks, show us the efficency of feeding those 52 CU from the 4 shader array cache structure...

Simple numbers for simple minds.

Last edited:
I cant vote for OP is no smarter than timdog.....Why not ?

It must be fuin being so blind to how stuff works its quite amusing, people go through life not having a clue fio whats around them.

Prove to me its lower power, show me the benchmarks, show us the efficency of feeding those 52 CU from the 4 shader array cache structure...

Simple numbers for simple minds.
Just out of curiosity. How would you compare this to what the PS5 is doing?

Also, I wonder what his opinion is on an off the shelf Nvidia Tegra slapped inside a handheld that doubles as a home console.

Jubenhimer

What Anti-Consumer practices? Was there something I missed about the PS5 apparently? Because nothing that's come out about it seems particularly anti-consumer to a lot of people, certainly not as much as the backlash to the Xbox One disaster of 2013. It just goes to show that "Anti-Consumer" is just a loaded buzzword at this point.

there is literately no reason to own a xbox. as for the "anti consumer" shit i dont really care. iv never encountered anything horrible and i dont care if sony censors anime tits. xbox has no fucking games at all

What Anti-Consumer practices? Was there something I missed about the PS5 apparently? Because nothing that's come out about it seems particularly anti-consumer to a lot of people, certainly not as much as the backlash to the Xbox One disaster of 2013. It just goes to show that "Anti-Consumer" is just a loaded buzzword at this point.

Anti-consumer:

Not selling scammish payment plan deals of 25&35$/month which equals into 600&840$ in 24months deal, that include console and some stupid ass services of too many games to play of.

I guess it is US thing to pay stuff with these plans/credit cards and think they are cheap when monthly sum is "small".

Nobody I know uses credit card to "get now&pay later", only phones are bought with 12/24/35 month deals and those dont include any extra services, just same price as full payment but divided into monthly payments.

Much more pro-consumer to sell console with honest full price or without services and then have option for ps+ 40-60€/year + only games that consumer really wants

But for those that would get these services amyway and really heavily use them, then they are ok deals I guess.

If ms/sony would sell console only payment plans with 0% fees, that would be pro-consumer

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
Trolls are in full swing right now downplaying and shittalking everything regarding Playstation I see.

Maybe they would do well as to watch the stream and see the insanity that Cerny is announcing right now (if they were to understand it which I doubt)
You feel Sony gets shit-talked and downplayed? WOW.

They have lines of media and fans fighting each other to give Sony blowjobs for any crumb of info or (gasp) even a logo.

Ellery

You feel Sony gets shit-talked and downplayed? WOW.

They have lines of media and fans fighting each other to give Sony blowjobs for any crumb of info or (gasp) even a logo.

my dude pls look at the time stamp dude come on DUDE

nah man pls don't do this to yourself

DESTROYA

Not only have people bumped a 5 month thread as new, but are saying the thread "hasn't aged well" despite the X being more powerful and the cheaper Series S having the same CPU as the PS5?

Holy crap.
Hahahahahaha.....
You can’t bump your own thread saying people bumped it was dead and buried for a month...lol
It has aged horribly.

Rippa

The xbox can have its 18% faster processing GPU speeds.

Until a developer can make a game worth a damn, in the end it means shit.

How is this garbage thread still open?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom