• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Gamescom Presentation - Discussion Thread (Now with voting added)

How would you rate the Xbox stream?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CheeseCake

Am I the only one finding this Xbox stream so.... dull?

Like, they just had a guy talk about a fucking catapult of Age of Empires 4 (a game I'm looking forward to).... like what the fuck lmfao
Unimpressed Bored To Death GIF

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
MS have had a series of really good, direct events. This feels a bit more like the letdowns, but for fans of the individual games there's lots of content and relevant info. The stuff from flight sim and wasteland 3 is immense, it's just not that interesting to me personally.

TrueLegend

In the age of Youtube these dumbos are uploading History Documentry. We got dedicated youtube channel for that stuff now. Where is a proper gameplay of Age of Empires IV. The fuck is this.

II_JumPeR_I

MS still hasnt learned when it comes to gameplay and pacing in their shows...

Sry but whats the point for this show so far?

Where are the big guns, MS? Some updates on games announced years ago isnt too much to ask for. Fable, Halo, Hellblade 2?

I dont give a flying fuck for DLC of your old games..

I dont think Halo is here, they didnt mention it anyway.

This isnt an E3 conference people, its just their update show they do every so often, but being shown now because of Gamecon.

Gamescom is a pretty major gaming event though, and what's bigger among the titles they've already announced and that's supposed to come this year than Halo? Not showing it would be bizarre at this stage.

If we don't see it now and it's supposed to drop later this year, that to me is a very bad sign. We are literally stepping into September, and we have still yet to see new campaign footage that's actually gameplay. I'm a huge Xbox fan, but we are officially at that "enough is enough now" stage. Either show the game or have the guts to tell us they need to delay it into 2022. Is there a particular big set piece moment they still need to optimize for and that's what they intend to show us next, and perhaps that's the reason for all this delay in giving us another look at the campaign?

It's my most anticipated game this year by far, but the hesitance in showing campaign gameplay this late into August is not a good look.

This format where people talk about things that happen in their videogames instead of, you know.. actually showing the videogame is absolutely insane to me.

What is the point?

If they separated these things into their own videos on Xbox Youtube such as “Behind the Scenes (game title here)” for people who like that stuff it would be better. Piling them all into a stream is terrible.

Stuart360

Gamescom is a pretty major gaming event though, and what's bigger among the titles they've already announced and that's supposed to come this year than Halo? Not showing it would be bizarre at this stage.

If we don't see it now and it's supposed to drop later this year, that to me is a very bad sign. We are literally stepping into September, and we have still yet to see new campaign footage that's actually gameplay. I'm a huge Xbox fan, but we are officially at that "enough is enough now" stage. Either show the game or have the guts to tell us they need to delay it into 2022. Is there a particular big set piece moment they still need to optimize for and that's what they intend to show us next, and perhaps that's the reason for all this delay in giving us another look at the campaign?

It's my most anticipated game this year by far, but the hesitance in showing campaign gameplay this late into August is not a good look.
Does that mean COD is in danger then?, its launching at a similar time, and all we have had so far is a trailer.

Kuranghi

Was it a previous State of Decay game where a dev hid rude pictures, like giant cocks, in the geometry? That was funny as fuck.

edit - Wait I think it was Dead State... maybe? I dunno.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
MS still hasnt learned when it comes to gameplay and pacing in their shows...

Sry but whats the point for this show so far?

Where are the big guns, MS? Some updates on games announced years ago isnt too much to ask for. Fable, Halo, Hellblade 2?

I dont give a flying fuck for DLC of your old games..
They really are out of touch if they believe the stuff they have shown so far is even remotely entertaining.
All the worthless brabbling…

Last edited:
Top Bottom