• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you rather go to Hogwarts or Ilvermorny? (Harry Potter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusebox

Banned
Hogwarts for sure. As if I'm gonna end up in a McMagic frat boy castle having deep heat rubbed on my balls by some douche wizard jock named Randy Lightbeer.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They are very touchy about their wands and especially want you to be sure of the semantics of what is and isn't an assault wand.

I'd drop out immediately if I got sorted into pukwudgie

But pukwudiges are hardcore

GTxo3w3.jpg

I would say Hogwarts but I think they just voted to leave the international wizarding community to regain control of how their school works and to make Hogwarts for the students again. So we're likely to see a massive drop in the magiconomical climate of the school, and no more tri cup wizarding tournaments until they can hash out new portkey deals, which could take years considering the ministry employs incompetant idiots like Dolores Umbridge and Cornelius Fudge, who have since stepped down from office after they realised they could not succesfully lead an all-wizarding world.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm pretty sure Voldemort orchestrated Brexit and imperiused half of the voters to vote leave.

If I were to go to a magical school, it'd be for magizoology. Hogwarts has mermaids, a giant squid, invisible skeleton horses, centaurs, unicorns and a bunch of other creatures.

Sounds like Ilvermorny has some ugly goblin things. I need more info on cool magical animals.

Toxi

Banned
If I were to go to a magical school, it'd be for magizoology. Hogwarts has mermaids, a giant squid, invisible skeleton horses, centaurs, unicorns and a bunch of other creatures.

Sounds like Ilvermorny has some ugly goblin things. I need more info on cool magical animals.
Well the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movie is set in the US...

Though it still ain't got shit on Australia. Can you imagine how fucking terrifying Australia's magical wildlife is?

Sotha_Sil

I keep envisioning wizards armed with Revolutionary War-era muskets and blunderbusses shooting 20 stunning spells at once.

TheYanger

I got sorted into Puckwudgie on the website. I no longer care about this dumb school. Ravenclaw got my back since this bitch won't let me be a damn eagle. murica.

zsynqx

Hogawarts before Harry got there but after Voldermort's original fall.

That way you still get Dumbledore as the Headmaster and aren't fearing for your life every year.

zeemumu

IIvermorny. Closer to home, grenade football, and less likelihood of magic racists and giant spiders leading an all out assault on my school to kill one person.

Loxley

Ilvermorny, seems like a pretty chill place.

Speaking of Ilvermorny, is there any word on whether or not it will be making an appearance in Fantastic Beasts, since the story takes place in the US?

I didn't even know Ilvermorny sorting was up on Pottermore. I got Horned Serpent but in Hogwarts im Hufflepuff. Idk if they are similar since the Horned Serpent description is like 2 lines but I thought it sounded Ravenclawy.

Anyway, i'd rather Hogwarts because I live in the UK.

I don't know enough about Ilvermorny.

Hogwarts is where Harry fucking Potter went and destroyed the dark lord.

Hogwarts, until further notice.

Ilvermorny is a better name than Hogwarts which I always found dumb. Before I was into Potter that name alone made me feel like the series wasn't for me.

KevinCow

Banned
I just did the Ilvermorny sorting and got Wampus, which is good because Wampus is the least crappy of the four houses.

I'm going to need a new book series centered around the school along with Hollywood adaptations before I can make my final decision.

Get on it Rowling.

I live in Massachusetts sooooo, probably the shitty public school where we learn how to take tests about magic more than actually learning about magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom