• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ilvermorny (US Hogwarts) video teaser + Writings from JK Rowling

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I want to know is what was the horned serpent talking about and
if Isolt ever realized she was a parsletongue? Also, did anyone ever find Salazaar's wand?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think it's sort of implied the wand doesn't exist anymore. It essentially became the tree.

sphagnum

Banned
What I want to know is what was the horned serpent talking about

It's foreshadowing for
her creating wands from his horn. Had she not made those wands, she would've died because nobody could have held off the attack due to her own wand being put to sleep. She would've been murdered in her sleep. She only survived because she heard her daughter crying, woke up, and ended up calling out for her father which led to the other William appearing. So had the horned serpent not been "part of her family" (in the form of the wands) her family would have died.

Pilgrimzero

Let's crank it up and get a TV show.

On CW.

20 something hotties playing Ilvermorney students with tons of melodrama.

Actually don't do this.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm a puckwudgie
fuming

aett

I'm a puckwudgie
fuming

Me too, but I'm cool with it. I realize that I do fit "heart" more than mind, body, or soul. And the puckwidgies in the story sound pretty cool to me. Loyal but always grumbling, and they care about stuff much more than they will ever let on... and if you mess with them, you get a poison arrow in the heart.

It's foreshadowing for
her creating wands from his horn. Had she not made those wands, she would've died because nobody could have held off the attack due to her own wand being put to sleep. She would've been murdered in her sleep. She only survived because she heard her daughter crying, woke up, and ended up calling out for her father which led to the other William appearing. So had the horned serpent not been "part of her family" (in the form of the wands) her family would have died.

Oh cool. Really nice observation.

LuuKyK

I am a Gryffindor and a Thunderbird.

I am ok with this.

Edit: I added the new stuff to the OP. Was going to create a new thread but I think it will work best if we keep all Ilvermorny (and other pottermore) stuff here so that it kind of works as a General Information thread.

The Adder

Banned
Serpendor
Huffle Horn
Horned Raven
Slytherpent

Puckwudor
Hufflepuck
Ravenpuck
Puckwudgin

Thundor
Thunderpuff
Thunderclaw
Slytherbird

Wampindor
Wampuff
Ravenwamp
Slytherus

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Serpendor
Huffle Horn
Horned Raven
Slytherpent

Puckwudor
Hufflepuck
Ravenpuck
Puckwudgin

Thundor
Thunderpuff
Thunderclaw
Slytherbird

Wampindor
Wampuff
Ravenwamp
Slytherus

There are all pokemon names

I would totally dig a book with Isolt in the lead, and pretty much leading up to the opening of Ilvermorny. Maybe even have the point of view jump around the different characters

It'd be neat for a stand alone thing.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
The thing I prefer about this sorting quiz to the Hogwarts one, is that it's always pretty easy to rig the answers to get the house that you want. But in this one, the houses are new, and people don't know as clearly what answers will lead to which house.

I got Wampus. Is that good? Is that bad? I don't know.

Wampus.

The Adder

Banned
The thing I prefer about this sorting quiz to the Hogwarts one, is that it's always pretty easy to rig the answers to get the house that you want. But in this one, the houses are new, and people don't know as clearly what answers will lead to which house.

I got Wampus. Is that good? Is that bad? I don't know.

Wampus.

Do you like the gym, hitting things, and panthers?

... Wampus is a 70s montage...

TheZink

I am a Gryffindor and a Thunderbird.

I am ok with this.

Edit: I added the new stuff to the OP. Was going to create a new thread but I think it will work best if we keep all Ilvermorny (and other pottermore) stuff here so that it kind of works as a General Information thread.
Me too

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, we can assume JK has been too busy with Pottermore stuff and that's why she just printed someone's fanfiction for The Cursed Child?

LuuKyK

So, we can assume JK has been too busy with Pottermore stuff and that's why she just printed someone's fanfiction for The Cursed Child?

Would make a lot of sense. Lol

But actually didnt she write the play with someone else? I cant remember. Maybe the "someone else" was the one who wrote most of it? Who knows.

It's a night and day difference between the two pieces of work. It could be down to collaborating with another writer, being too busy with this and Fantastic Breasts or having no clue as to where she wants Harry & co. to go.

Or all of the above.

Maengun1

I really like Ilvermorny and the other 3 house names, but "Horned Serpent" is just.....no bueno IMO. It doesn't roll off the tongue, it just doesn't sound like a house name. I feel like they should never be 2 words.

"Gryffindor House" is cool. "Thunderbird House" is cool. "Horned Serpent House"....just doesn't work for me.

With just a very minor change -- Serpenthorn -- it's like bam. That's a Harry Potter thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom