• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J.K Rowling releasing 3 new short Hogwarts stories/books on Pottermore this September

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocknRola

Nice! Looking forward to these, a lot more than the previous ones (about the schools around the globe).

Can't wait to jump into the world of Hogwarts once more! :)

As for the possibilities of a totally brand new series, with new kids (and possibly in a different school too) I'd be down for it. Though it obviously won't have the same impact for me (nothing JK may do will ever match the excitement of 10 year old me finding out Harry was a wizard for the first time!), a slightly more "up to date" story could certainly charm kids from all over the world once more!

hamchan

Eh, I'm betting they feel like fanfiction. Fans can tell from a mile away when releases feel obligatory.

Rowling is so rich and has already established herself as an author outside the Harry Potter series, so she doesn't have to write more Harry Potter if she doesn't want to.

zeemumu

Well It was good reading more Harry Potter. It was great seeing what became of the old gang and the world along with learning about Albus and Scorpius. Harry's relationship with Albus was interesting.

The alternate timelines were pretty screwed up especially the Voldermort one.
Do I wish the thing had been stretched out into a whole book and also had learned more about Harry's other kids, sure. I personally enjoyed the hell out of the Cursed Child.

Was it though?

Their relationship seemed standard, as did Albus' concerns, and the longer the book went on, the less I liked him.
And the bad future timeline was interesting but we don't stay in that universe for very long at all
. And yeah, most of the kids of the old team had pretty small roles aside from Albus and Scorpius.
Even Rose only had about 3 appearances and was at one point wiped from history but I didn't care because we didn't really get an opportunity to know her, or have any reason to care that she was gone aside from her being Ron and Hermione's kid.

Gigglepoo

Just write us a new book. God!

Since Deathly Hallows came out, she's written four novels, one short story compilation, one screenplay, and assisted on a play. She's one of the most prolific authors of our day. She'll write a new Harry Potter when she has a good idea. I don't think she'll force it, though. That's not really her style.

LuuKyK

Wait, Rowling didn't write Cursed Child? I know the book was an adaptation from the play's script, but I thought she did write the actual play.

I think she only supervised it. The other two guys wrote it. Or she co-wrote it. Something like that.

Wait, Rowling didn't write Cursed Child? I know the book was an adaptation from the play's script, but I thought she did write the actual play.
She helped in making the story but Jack Thorne wrote it. So in my understanding, she sanctioned
the time travel shenanigans and Voldy's daughter
but the characters' lines are all Jack Thorne.

bengraven

Loved the extra story bits I read on Pottermore so I'm okay with this. I'd love to have them in physical form, though, instead of having to load up PM or my Kindle to read them.

One step closer to the encyclopedia.

im actually sick of her teasing people with harry potter stuff over the years.

she should either write a proper book or move on with her life.

Both. Mostly new stuff though, I think.

It's mostly Pottermore stuff, only 2 of the books have new material. The politics one has history on Slughorn and another has more history on Minerva and Silvanus Kettleburn. The unreliable guide one is just Pottermore information.

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
im actually sick of her teasing people with harry potter stuff over the years.

she should either write a proper book or move on with her life.

She's about to be on book four of her news series - a series she has so far released a book a year for. So she has moved on with her life, but why on earth should she abandon the Potter world completely if she enjoys returning to it now and then?

She's about to be on book four of her news series - a series she has so far released a book a year for. So she has moved on with her life, but why on earth should she abandon the Potter world completely if she enjoys returning to it now and then?

i ment a proper hp book, obviously. i know she writes books.

tauroxd

I think she only supervised it. The other two guys wrote it. Or she co-wrote it. Something like that.

Yep. she supervised and had a general input into the whole story, but the real act of writing was done by the other two.

Jacob

Intriguing and I'm tempted to get these since it's probably the closest we'll ever see to the encyclopedia, but I've been unimpressed by a lot of the previous Pottermore material and post-Cursed Child I'm leaning towards a more minimalist conception of the Potter 'verse as I'm rereading the original books.

The book wasn't an adaptation of the play's script, it was the play's script. Rowling was involved with the story but did not write the actual dialogue and stage direction.

LuuKyK

Pottermore shared today some of the drawings JK did while in the process of writing the first book. I didn't know she could also draw, what a talented person. Not so fancy but I like it, reminds of an old cartoon I used to watch.

JKR_Harry_and_the_Dursleys_illustration-768x929.jpg

JKR_outside_Privet_Drive_illustration-768x853.jpg

JKR_Weasleys_illustration.jpg

JKR_Mirror_of_Erised_illustration-768x892.jpg

JKR_Peeves_and_Percy_illustration.jpg

JKR_Severus_Snape_illustration-768x781.jpg

JKR_Quidditch_illustration-768x794.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom