• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Officialy Announced

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
So are the developers for this legit so I can get excited?
here are games they made:

They worked under Disney to make the Disney Infinity games which I think would probably be their biggest games. This will definitely be their first major game. They really haven't done anything like this before but it seems their thing is to make adaptations of movies/franchises.

as for the Publisher. it's Portkey Games (owned by Warner Bros) and they've only put out mobile titles so far. they are a Harry Potter exclusive publisher (hence the name)

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:

Senua

Era is sooooo mad at this game lmao
tenor.gif

OneBigPuss

here are games they made:

They worked under Disney to make the Disney Infinity games which I think would probably be their biggest games. This will definitely be their first major game. They really haven't done anything like this before but it seems their thing is to make adaptations of movies/franchises.

as for the Publisher. it's Portkey Games (owned by Warner Bros) and they've only put out mobile titles so far. they are a Harry Potter exclusive publisher (hence the name)

I'm cautiously optimistic.
Never played Disney Infinity but heard good things about the game so im very optimistic about Hogwarts Legacy.

Valentino

Shadow of War was pretty good with a great sequel hook.

I know, exactly. Which would also be my response to "shouldn't this have come out 15 years ago" ............. Harry Potter games were coming out 15 years ago. And now there's a new generation, new hardware, new fans, same old fans, more time to make a fully realised Harry Potter game (or set in the that universe) - so in response to why someone thinks this should have come out 15 years ago - my question is, "but why not now?"

Megatron

Not only was this the star of the conference, I’m not sure there’s anything I want more for next year. Like even if I had to choose between this and BotW2, I think I would choose this. Unbelievably excited!

Strategize

What's the point of gaming news sites if they can't put aside their goddamn politics and do their damn jobs?

I suspect that's why Ghost of Tsushima only got 8/10 scores because them 'game journalists' didn't want it to outshine their sacred woke title The Last of Us 2.
Nah, they were right on that one, TLOU2 is better than GoT.

I wonder what the reasoning is for starting you at 5th year in the story.

I'm glad that they are starting you late so that hopefully the years are dense with content, but I'm curious as to the story explanation

drganon

Game looks kinda cool, probably check it out even though I'm only a casual potter fan at best.

Last edited:

Ribi

WTF. We finally get an unadulterated full on single player RPG after years of Gaas garbage and this is your response? SMH.
Come on... This day and age most things need multiple if they're gnna have a big IP attached to it. The enjoyment with friends aspect is important although I'll concede that in this case a multiplayer component (co-op or mmo style) would probably degrade the story. But let's not pretend like the studios behind it have a good track record. It's probably gnna suck.

dottme

Come on... This day and age most things need multiple if they're gnna have a big IP attached to it. The enjoyment with friends aspect is important although I'll concede that in this case a multiplayer component (co-op or mmo style) would probably degrade the story. But let's not pretend like the studios behind it have a good track record. It's probably gnna suck.
The studio has a lot to prove. But what I’ve seen for the moment is looking good.
But surely, we haven’t seen a lot so the only hype for this game is mainly due to the Harry Potter license.

NahaNago

I'm kinda hyped for the game. It looks a lot better than I was expecting. Kind of wish this was a historical story of one character.

Arun1910

I wonder what the reasoning is for starting you at 5th year in the story.

I'm glad that they are starting you late so that hopefully the years are dense with content, but I'm curious as to the story explanation
Probably so you're not a noob and can do cool stuff from the start.

YukiOnna

This was a pleasant surprise. It looks so cool. It's set like a century before Fantastic Beasts and HP, right? Would the founders of the Great Houses be around or is this in between?

Last edited:

JCK75

Harry Potter is just one of those franchises that you think would be awesome in game form but the world really just doesn't work... wand magic is boring for gameplay... it should be limited to VR tech demos.

Ivory Blood

This was a pleasant surprise. It looks so cool. It's set like a century before Fantastic Beasts and HP, right? Would the founders of the Great Houses be around or is this in between?
Should be in the late 1800s, so victorian times. Think like Assassins Creed: Syndicate.

Warner Bros: writer JK Rowling is not directly involved in the creation of Hogwarts Legacy

Elysion

Banned
I wonder how the game is structured. I assume there's going to be a fixed lessons schedule, and you'll be able to explore the castle in your freetime. Could be similar to the Persona games in this regard. There's probably also going to be something similar to the social link system.

Also, since this takes place in the late 1800s, there's a chance that Dumbledore will be one of the students; he went to school in the 1890s.

Umbral

Saw Ian lash out like a fucking child on Easy Allies about this game. I’m gonna go watch the Eurogamer idiots freak out. Any other idiots I can watch lose it because someone doesn’t buy their bullshit?

GreyHorace

Warner Bros: writer JK Rowling is not directly involved in the creation of Hogwarts Legacy

What's next? Will WB Games apologize for JRR Tolkien being a straight white Christian male in the next The Lord of the Rings game? They're already in the process of trying to erase HP Lovecraft's existence despite them adapting his work for TV, games and other media.

Rowling created this fantastical universe for people to get lost in and provide an escape from the oftentimes grim reality we live in. She's done more for the world than any of these SJWs have ever accomplished in their lives.

bargeparty

Saw Ian lash out like a fucking child on Easy Allies about this game. I’m gonna go watch the Eurogamer idiots freak out. Any other idiots I can watch lose it because someone doesn’t buy their bullshit?

Where was this? I wouldn't mind watching him be a little bitch, which he is often.

SinDelta

Several concerns I have about this.

Will it be priced at $70.00?
Will it use Denuvo?
Will it be a Epic Store Exclusive?

Actually now any big PC release has me concerned it will have some combination of the three.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Ian is the only member of EZA that I don't like at all. UGH. Thankfully, I barely watch them anymore.

JSoup

Banned
Yo that awkward silence lol. Bet most of them liked what they saw but because that Ian dude is trans queer or whatever? They kept quiet and quickly moved on. Pathetic.

The funnier part is when they do find a couple nice things to say and she's down there the corner with this deep snarl on her face.

Top Bottom