• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who can we expect to see at Sonys Conference?

TimFL

- Gran Turismo, maybe launch game
- Square Enix will say stuff like "Final Fantasy VII will run better on PS5" and announces FF XVI, but with nothing than CGI crap
- Capcom also will say how their games will run better and do a demo of their next game (I hope for Dino Crisis)
- Ubisoft usual games
- EA usual games
- CoD game
- PSVR shit
- teaser for God of War, which will take at least two more years to get released
Do you think Capcom will show off more of Deep Down? It‘s been a while since we had any news about that title.

Geki-D

Banned
These are all the games that are listed as coming to PS5 in the next OPM (releasing june 2nd). Apparently these are all confirmed to be coming by the time people get to read this in june. So if you see a game on this list you've never heard of, or didn't know a sequel was coming, chances are it was announced at this Sony event though this is meant to be an overall list, so it doesn't mean every game will be shown just that OPM know it's coming to PS5 at some point (looking at Elder Scrolls 6, for example):

-A Rat’s Quest: The Way Back Home
-Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
-Battlefield 6
-Chorus
-Cygni All Guns Blazing
-Dauntless
-DiRT 5
-Dragon Age 4
-Dying Light 2
-FIFA 21
-Godfall
-Gods & Monsters
-Gothic Remake
-Madden 21
-Moonray
-MicroMan
-NHL 21
-Nth’O Infinity Reborn
-Observer System Redux
-Outriders
-Path of Exile 2
-PsyHotel
-Quantum Error
-Rainbow Six Quarantine
-Rainbow Six Siege
-Redo! Enhanced Edition
-Scarlet Nexus
-Sniper Elite 5
-Soulborn
-Starfield
-The Elder Scrolls 6
-The Lord of the Rings: Gollum
-The Sims 5
-Ultimate Fishing Simulator 2
-Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
-Warframe
-Watch Dogs Legion
-WRC 9

Missing off this is are any first party games, Cyberpunk 2077 & the next CoD.

Arkam

Console reveal (with some long winded explanation of the design theory)
Demo of "No Loading"
HZD2
GranTurismo
Bluepoint game
Spider-Man 2
A big third party game (a multiplat....maybe timed exclusive or DLC exclusive)

Then a big old "And there is still so much to share and we look forward doing so in the coming months"

I do not expect to get a deep dive in OS features, Price or Dual Sense features walkthrough.

Perrott

Gold Member
We do? Did I miss this completely?
Back in july of 2018, Media Vision, developers of the Wild Arms series, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory, and Valkyria Chronicles 4, were hiring for a PS4 RPG (link). A year earlier, Sony's Shuhei Yoshida said they were considering the return of first-party console JRPGs due to the recent praise that japanese-developed games for japanese audiences were receiving overseas - as Persona 5 and NieR: Automata were released just months before to great success.

A year later, in june, reddit leaker DasVergeben posted the following:
DasVergeben said:
"Something I have heard for a while now is that a new Wild Arms game is in development but it has been over a year long journey getting that verified. I still struggle to get definite enough confirmation but I think it might have been because I heard about it too early."

"I don't know much other than that it apparently is in development by Media Vision for PS4. I haven't been told anything specific yet at least."

"I do wonder if Sony might try and shift over to push it as a PS5 launch game or something if they don't reveal it this year [...] but that's simply speculation on my behalf."

spawn

Some of it has already leaked
  1. Battlefield 6
  2. Elder Scrolls 6
  3. Starfield
  4. Dragon Age 4
  5. Sniper Elite 5
  6. Watch Dogs Legion
  7. The Sims 5
  8. The Lord of the Rings: Gollum
  9. Scarlet Nexus
  10. Quantum Error
  11. Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines 2
  12. Warframe
  13. Soulborn
  14. Rainbow Six Quarantine
  15. Godfall
  16. Gods and Monsters
  17. Assassins creed valhalla
  18. Path of exhile 2

Vawn

Banned
  1. Battlefield 6
  2. Elder Scrolls 6
  3. Starfield
  4. Dragon Age 4
  5. Sniper Elite 5
  6. Watch Dogs Legion
  7. The Sims 5
  9. Scarlet Nexus
  10. Quantum Error
  12. Warframe
  13. Soulborn
  15. Godfall
  16. Gods and Monsters
  18. Path of exhile 2

Not sure where you got this, but #2 is enough to know it's fake.

Plus, what is "Soulborn"?

Some of those showed at Xbox already. This is mainly Sony games, but your list basically all multi-platform third-party stuff.

Last edited:

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
I doubt they will show any PSVR II. Thats probably what will blow my mind. I expect any of the games they show to blow our minds anyway.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Gran Turismo 7, the console design, the price, the release date, the preorder date, and new IPs.

spawn

Not sure where you got this, but #2 is enough to know it's fake.

Plus, what is "Soulborn"?

Some of those showed at Xbox already. This is mainly Sony games, but your list basically all multi-platform third-party stuff.
Seen this on Twitter. It's from the June issue of PlayStation UK magazine

EZCWASXWAAIIouK.jpg

Yoboman

I think Santa Monica is pretty likely. It is the biggest game for Sony and God of War is over two years old now. Plus we've already had that unexplained footage in the Raising Kratos trailer

For those saying its too early, when they revealed God of War in 2016 that vertical slice was basically all they had. And this time they may be able to avoid lengthy pre production and engine build

Skeletron

HZD2 and GT2 seem a solid bet. I'm really hoping for an abundance of new IP though. I could give a rat's ass about all these remakes and remasters. Show us the generational paradigm shift in game design that developers keep creaming their pants about on twitter.

I expect to see this with a close date for release:

Horizon Zero Dawn 2
new Gran Turismo
new Ready and Dawn IP

And with date of the next year:

SpiderMan 2
Silent Hill remake
Demon Souls remake
new Housemarque IP
Another second party

Because dream is free.

People are wanting to be blown away but i have a feeling its going to be very subdued and I also got a feeling we are not going to see the actual console (they did this with the ps4)
it will probably be released via a video or one of cernys vids but i think we will see

• Their Evolution of PSN - Probably centralising it and How they can make it less shit
  • Show off the OS and Features (B/C)
  • PSVR2

Game wise I think the main 3 will be
  • Spidey 2
  • GT SPORT Ps5 edition (will be some sort of step gap)
  • Possibly HzD2 (but probably not at Launch)
  • New Street Fighter Game

The rest im thinking

• Paid Remasters of ps4 games
  • Indies
  • VR Stocking filler games
  • Third party exclusive content (Fifa/cod)

And im also putting a bet down that ps5 will release in 2020 (but in Japan only)...worldwide release will be April 2021....with a price of $499
i just have this feeling that even though its a lesser spec machine than the series x the custom drive and cooling solution is going to add cost.

im hoping by setting my expectations low i will be surprised as i have been hyped up the last few years with sony announcements and we get this

dFYiO1Q.jpg

Zero7

If anything Japan could be the last place to see the PS5. Sony knows they will win against Microsoft by default there as the Japanese don't give a rat's ass for Xbox.

Preferably I'd love a full Worldwide launch for PS5. But if sacrifices have to be made Japan will get the shafting.

Remember PS4 didn't launch there until feb 2014, some 3month after the west. Full proof that time's sure have changed

Perrott

Gold Member
im hoping by setting my expectations low i will be surprised as i have been hyped up the last few years with sony announcements and we get this

dFYiO1Q.jpg
Weeks before Sony's E3 2018 conference they told us that we shouldn't expect any first-party announcements at the conference, so its not Sony's fault that you were dissapointed by their show or the flute guy.

H . R . 2

What’s GAF think?
You can also include 2nd and 3rd parties.

Sony Bend - Not Likely
Days Gone released in 2019.

Guerrilla Games - Highly Likely
Horizon: Frozen Wilds released in 2017.
Multiple titles possibly in development.

Insomniac Games - Highly Likely
Spider-Man released in 2018.
Usually release a new AAA every two years.

Japan Studio - Highly Likely
Knack 2 released in 2017.
Multiple titles often in development.

London Studio - Possible
Blood and Truth released in 2019.
Known to release new non-AAA titles every 1-2 years.

Media Molecule - Not Likely
Dreams released in 2020.

Naughty Dog - Not Likely
Last of Us 2 releases soon.

PixelOpus - Not Likely
Concrete Genie released in 2019

Polyphony Digital - Highly Likely
Gran Turismo Sport released in 2017

San Diego - Possible
MLB The Show released in 2019
Yearly franchise.

Santa Monica - Possible
God of War released in 2018
May have a different IP before the next GoW.

Sucker Punch - Not Likely
Ghost of Tsushima releases soon.

I agree with all of the above. except that I expect Ready At Dawn to have signed another deal with Sony by now to make the Order1886 sequel (or even a prequel) using the same engine to show off the power of PS5
It just makes sense. The IP has a huge amount of untapped potential and their engine was also simply the most advanced first-party engine this gen. also if my memory serves me correctly, there was a particular rumour in a certain next-gen thread that described in eerie detail what only could have been another Order. fingers crossed

Last edited:

yurinka

I agree with all of the above. except that I expect Ready At Dawn to have signed another deal with Sony by now to make the Order1886 sequel (or even a prequel) using the same engine to show off the power of PS5
It just makes sense. The IP has a huge amount of untapped potential and their engine was also simply the most advanced first-party engine this gen. also if my memory serves me correctly, there was a particular rumour in a certain next-gen thread that described in eerie detail what only could have been another Order. fingers crossed
I'd love to see RaD working on a The Order sequel and if possible being bought by Sony. I loved many things from The Order, and also their God of War PSP games. Without any doubt they are also very talented maing top notch AAA game engines and VR games, so could be a great addition and good fit for Sony.

Also I think we will see TLOU 2 Multiplayer for PS5 launch
According to rumors as reliable as the Silent Hill one, they are working on the PS5 game Breath of the Knack: Trifork.

1. Battlefield 6
  2. Elder Scrolls 6
  3. Starfield
  4. Dragon Age 4
  5. Sniper Elite 5
  6. Watch Dogs Legion
  7. The Sims 5
  9. Scarlet Nexus
  10. Quantum Error
  12. Warframe
  13. Soulborn
  15. Godfall
  16. Gods and Monsters
  18. Path of exhile 2
These games are known to be released on PS5/next gen. Which doesn't mean they will appear on the Sony conference.

Do you think Capcom will show off more of Deep Down? It‘s been a while since we had any news about that title.
I'm a big Capcom fan who has been following every news bit about the game everywhere, even in dev interviews they post in their Capcom Japan IR website. They didn't mention anything about this game since many years ago. They didn't said that it has been canned, but I think they cancelled it.

Last edited:

kuncol02

Banned
  • Demon's Souls (Bluepoint)
  • Gran Turismo (Polyphony)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (Guerrilla)
  • New IP (Arrowhead)
  • New IP (Housemarque)
  • New IP (Japan Studio)
  • Ratchet & Clank (Insomniac)
  • Silent Hill (Japan Studio)
Bluepoint, Arrowhead and Housemarque are not first party studios. They are independent.

Santa Monica better not wait for God of War 2 in favor of a new IP. We need that game ASAP.

I think Guerilla, Insomniac, and Japan Studios are a lock. Sony is going to come out swinging.

SSfox

Santa Monica better not wait for God of War 2 in favor of a new IP. We need that game ASAP.

I think Guerilla, Insomniac, and Japan Studios are a lock. Sony is going to come out swinging.

There is a chance SSM is now build in 2 team. Cory and his team in a new IP, plus the other team working of GOW2

Last edited:
Sony Bend - Days Gone with 15$ PS5 DLC. Raytracing and bigger hordes.

Guerrilla Games - Horizon Teaser 2021 (main showcase)

Ready at Dawn - The Order 1900

Insomniac Games - Ratchet and Clank 2+3 Reboot

Bluepoint - Resistance Trilogy

Japan Studio - AstroBot 2 & Siren

Media Molecule - Dreams included with every PS5. Ray tracing added.

Naughty Dog 2nd Studio - Jak and Daxter Reboot with ICO trilogy influence.

Polyphony Digital - Gran Turismo 7

There is a chance SSM is now build in 2 team. Cory and his team in a new IP, plus the other team working of GOW2

That may be true, but I still don't want to wait too long for the follow up. It would be cool if we could get God of War 2 in March 2021. It puts it in the launch window and would be huge. PS5s would fly off the shelves if GoW2 was there shortly after launch. Then they can release a new IP before putting out God of War 3.

Sony Bend - Days Gone with 15$ PS5 DLC. Raytracing and bigger hordes.

Guerrilla Games - Horizon Teaser 2021 (main showcase)

Ready at Dawn - The Order 1900

Insomniac Games - Ratchet and Clank 2+3 Reboot

Bluepoint - Resistance Trilogy

Japan Studio - AstroBot 2 & Siren

Media Molecule - Dreams included with every PS5. Ray tracing added.

Naughty Dog 2nd Studio - Jak and Daxter Reboot with ICO trilogy influence.

Polyphony Digital - Gran Turismo 7

I'm good with this, but swap out Resistance Trilogy with Demon's Souls Remake.

A new Siren game on PS5 would be awesome, especially after that series skipped PS4.

SSfox

That may be true, but I still don't want to wait too long for the follow up. It would be cool if we could get God of War 2 in March 2021. It puts it in the launch window and would be huge. PS5s would fly off the shelves if GoW2 was there shortly after launch. Then they can release a new IP before putting out God of War 3.

I mostly want them to take time to make the best sequel they can.

And when i say i can wait, doesn't' mean 10 years or so, like 4 years would've been fine to me, i just want quality (which for more is over quantity), GOW PS4 was one of the best game in the last decade imo, i rather play 1 game like this over 10 OK good games but you forgot as soon as you finished, if you see what i mean.

I want to see at least one major fighting-game company represented. PS4 dominated the fighting genre so completely this gen, it's not even worth comparing. They should keep that going.

They started off this gen with two big gets (Street Fighter 5 and Guilty Gear Xrd) and they could do it again with something like Virtua Fighter 6.

cireza

I want to see at least one major fighting-game company represented. PS4 dominated the fighting genre so completely this gen, it's not even worth comparing. They should keep that going.

They started off this gen with two big gets (Street Fighter 5 and Guilty Gear Xrd) and they could do it again with something like Virtua Fighter 6.
This is actually funny when you think back at the launch of One/PS4 where MS was developing and publishing an ambitious exclusive game with Killer Instinct. They made a big effort for the genre, yet did not receive the full support from the third parties. While Sony basically came with a check for Capcom for SFV and called it a day.

Last edited:
This is actually funny when you think back at the launch of One/PS4 where MS was developing and publishing an ambitious exclusive game with Killer Instinct. They made a big effort for the genre, yet did not receive the full support from the third parties. While Sony basically came with a check for Capcom for SFV and called it a day.
Yeah I think the support from Japanese devs inadvertently gave the PS brand the edge. Killer Instinct was quite an effort but it's not like MS secured other fighting releases. I think it was easy to see coming since PS3 was getting all those "small" fighting releases later in the gen and 360 wasn't. The final versions of Arcana Hearts 3 and BlazBlue, for instance, never came to Xbox. Arc System Works was the rising star this gen and I think Sony's rep as a fighting game brand rose with them, to some degree.

Last edited:
I mostly want them to take time to make the best sequel they can.

And when i say i can wait, doesn't' mean 10 years or so, like 4 years would've been fine to me, i just want quality (which for more is over quantity), GOW PS4 was one of the best game in the last decade imo, i rather play 1 game like this over 10 OK good games but you forgot as soon as you finished, if you see what i mean.

I agree, and I don't want it rushed out to meet any deadline. But by next Spring, it will have been 3 years since the first one. If they carry over the assets from the first and don't rebuild everything from scratch, 3 years should be enough time to bottle lightning a second time.

cireza

Yeah I think the support from Japanese devs inadvertently gave the PS brand the edge. Killer Instinct was quite an effort but it's not like MS secured other fighting releases. I think it was easy to see coming since PS3 was getting all those "small" fighting releases later in the gen and 360 wasn't. The final versions of Arcana Hearts 3 and BlazBlue, for instance, never came to Xbox. Arc System Works was the rising star this gen and I think Sony's rep as a fighting game brand rose with them, to some degree.
I don't explain why Arc Sys gave up with Microsoft completely honestly.

Last edited:

SSfox

I agree, and I don't want it rushed out to meet any deadline. But by next Spring, it will have been 3 years since the first one. If they carry over the assets from the first and don't rebuild everything from scratch, 3 years should be enough time to bottle lightning a second time.

Yes but this is just the tech part, there is much more qualities that make GOW and that's what make it iconic franchise and games.

farmerboy

My prediction, in order:
  • PS box reveal, explain focus on making games more inmersive and instant (no loading screens)
  • GT Sports improved for PS5 gameplay (BC with improvements showcase, almost all ~4000+ PS4 games to be BC, and many of them will get enhaced)
  • Demon's Souls remake by Blupoint
  • Teaser of Team Siren's new game: Breath of the Knack: Trifork (to secure console market domination)
  • Announcement of Knack's in-console voice and real world toy robot being PS5's AI voice assistant version of Cortana
  • Horizon 2 cinematic and gameplay demo
  • New Astrobot title gameplay (to showcase new inmersive features)
  • New game from a new Sony internal studio to announce they bought Ready At Dawn, Remedy or Housemarque
  • CoD (marketing deal) PS5 gameplay (showcases how you can load game modes or missions from the console OS UI skipping menus and loading screens)
  • Far Cry 6 (marketing deal) PS5 cinematic trailer
  • Resident Evil 8 (marketing deal) PS5 cinematic trailer
  • Sega's 'revolutionary' thing
  • Quantic Dream new IP (marketing deal/possible time limited console exclusive) cinematic trailer
  • New IP from gen Design/Fumito Ueda (time limited console exclusive)
  • New IP from Thekla/Jonathan Blow (time limited console exclusive)
  • God of War 2 and Spiderman 2 teasers to announce they will be the main games of future additional PS5 reveal streams to be shown later this summer
  • Internet explodes

It could easily be this.

Perrott

Gold Member
Bluepoint, Arrowhead and Housemarque are not first party studios. They are independent.
Spider-Man was a first-party game even tho Insomniac was still independent at the time, same with Death Stranding. Sony's funding and support is what makes a game first-party.

Top Bottom