• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who can we expect to see at Sonys Conference?

kuncol02

Banned
Spider-Man was a first-party game even tho Insomniac was still independent at the time, same with Death Stranding. Sony's funding and support is what makes a game first-party.
Spider-Man was second-party game.
First party games are made by studios owned by platform holders
Second party games are made by independent studios hired by platform holders
Any other game is third party.

Perrott

Gold Member
"Second-party" games are not a thing, the term is not used by people from within the industry, you either are first-party or third-party and Insomniac themselves clearly stated that Spider-Man was a first-party game.

Arachnid

source.gif

There was a patent by Sony recently that made me think it might have something to do with Media Molecule's next game, but it's probably way too early.

a lot of bullshots and tech demos for sure. i mean, it is a sony conference
This guy hasn't been paying attention.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
My predictions -

June 1st or June 2nd -
> PlayStation 5 Console Reveal (short trailer to build hype and show it off. if not, then June 4th because it's about to go into full production and they need to show it before it leaks)

No price or release date whatsoever. No pre-orders. All this will be late July or August.

My prediction is still November 20th, $500. I expect pre-orders to be August or whenever Sony announces the release date and price. Short gameplay trailer equals under 5 minutes. Long gameplay trailer equals over 5 minutes.

Also expecting one official announcement in regards to a studio acquisition. My prediction is Housemarque.

Horizon Zero Dawn 2 (Guerrilla Games primary team)
> Reveal trailer, short gameplay walkthrough trailer, no release date, my prediction is February 2022
> Ends the showcase

Demon's Souls Remake (Bluepoint Games)
> Reveal trailer, long gameplay trailer, launch title

Killzone 5, Socom 5 or new FPS IP (Guerrilla Games secondary team)
> Reveal trailer, long gameplay trailer, could be an online MP only title like Rainbow Six Siege, launch title

Ratchet & Clank 2 (Insomniac Games secondary team)

Silent Hill (Japan Studio)
> Reveal trailer, short gameplay trailer, no release date, my prediction is Fall 2022
> Starts the showcase

Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony Digital)
> Reveal trailer, short gameplay trailer, Fall 2021

Unannounced New IP (Housemarque)

Godfall (Gearbox)
> Story trailer, long gameplay trailer, launch title

Street Fighter 6 (Capcom)
> Reveal trailer, short gameplay trailer, 2021

Call of Duty 2020 (Activision/multi-platform)

Resident Evil 8 (Capcom/multi-platform)
> Reveal trailer, long gameplay trailer, early 2021

Md Ray

I expect at least one game to showcase some form of ray-tracing effect.

I wish there's at least one game that shows true next-gen graphics/physics that makes you realize it cannot be done on current-gen hardware.

Something like, The Order 1886 for PS4 comes to mind for e.g.

Thirty7ven

Banned

Second party as a term is meaningless. The game is a Sony production through and through, therefore it's first party.

I really want to see what this secret sauce SSD is capable of since Sony keeps touting it over and over again. Looking forward to seeing something revolutionary and astounding.

Roufianos

I think Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, Demon Souls and Horizon 2 are the safest bets. Spiderman 2 and Guerilla's MP game would be runners up. Doubt we'll see anything beyond that. Hopefully some surprise 2nd party collaborations.

I'm a confirmed insider.

Top Bottom