• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the oldest game in your backlog you think you'll actually play?

dave_d

I'm guessing it'll probably be Alundra on the Playstation. I suppose it could be this game if I get around to it (Yeah it's just an excuse to show this video review)

Audiophile

Gold Member
Oldest stuff I never played and fully expect to one day is Silent Hill 1 (1999), Silent Hill 2 (2001) & Silent Hill 3 (2003).

While I've played all these; I wanna revisit GTA: Vice City (2002), GTA: San Andreas (2004), GTA:VCS (2006) & GTAIV (2008) for their stories. I never actually finished any of them and the first 3 are just a blur to me now.

My Backloggd:
https://www.backloggd.com/u/MitchS25/backlog/release:asc/
..though these are made up of some never played, some I want to revisit and some that are just curiosities.

Last edited:

Jesb

Been slogging away at Witcher 2. Really want to move on from this so I can finally play Witcher 3. Currently getting my ass kicked on the sewers in Chapter 3. I don’t know why devs keep doing sewer levels. I hate every single one.

xrnzaaas

Beneath a Steel Sky maybe? I played a pirated copy in the 90s, but unfortunately I bought a bugged version of the game which couldn't be finished. Now I've purchased Beyond a Steel Sky so I have proper incentive to go back and play the whole thing.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
I have tactics ogre reborn ... the difficult spikes are becoming hard to ignore and taking my enjoyment of the game.. but it has been awesome until now. Im resting out for now playing other games but will try again sometime since I went pretty far already.

Last edited:
I have bought the Icewind Dale + Baldurs Gate Bundle some years ago. So BG1 is probably the oldest game I kinda want to play.

But that will maybe never happen. Witcher 1+2, Spellforce 2, Planescape Torment, or more recent the entire Mass Effect, Dragon Age, or also Dragons Dogma and all the Souls-like clones after hateloving Demons Souls are also waiting for my attention. It seems I never get to these games but I buy them almsot more frequently than other games.

OG Space Invaders once the collection goes back on sale on eshop. I'll probably play it right away so that doesn't really count as backlog... damnit.

I know dammit is correct but I've never liked how the word looks

Last edited:

jm89

Kingdom hearts 1.

Been in my backlog for over a decade. It's installed on my PS5 right now.

One day.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Bloody hell. What a question....I can't think. I bet there is something from my childhood.

For my own sanity I'll have to pull it up to recent times. Something like completeing persona 5 royal

Crayon

This is a fun question but it's hard to say. I have a lot of PS1 games that I have owned for a very long time.

Take something like destruction derby 2 for example, though. I wanted to play that when came out, never got around to it, but thought about it on and off over the years. Recently, I bought a disc. Idk if that was really on my backlog or not. It turned out to be a travesty, btw. One of the all time disappointing sequels.

Amok is a similar story but turned out to be pretty good. Shout-out to amok.

Garibaldi

Grabbed the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters is the last sale. Do they count? Probably won't bother with FF1 all the way thru. I've heard two is a bit experimental so probably the same with that one. So FF3

My backlog is pretty short at the moment but I plan to play Gravity Rush(2012) soon. I'm a sucker for games where you have superpowers that enable fun traversal mechanics like inFAMOUS and Forspoken.

Top Bottom