• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Playing a bit of a bunch of games:

Ghost of Tsushima - PS4
The Ascent - XSX
Death's Door - XSX
Roundguard - NS
Monster Hunter Stories 2 - NS

and a smattering of others

stn

Assuming I find my PS2 A/V cable tonight, I'm going to finally start Bujingai for the first time after work. I meant to start last night but needed extra time to find the cable.

Well i was juggling Death's Door, Icewind Dale enhanced, Resident Evil Village and Dark Alliance.

And then i tried the Ascent.

So now I'm playing the Ascent, and imma play til credits. Got it hooks into me. No juggling with this one. And I really like all the ones i was juggling!

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Trials of Mana (PS4)

CHVEjyL.jpg

Can't wait for the game to open up when acquiring more moves etc. Movement and combat feels very snappy and fluid ie very 'gamey', love it. Quite the breath of fresh air between Dark Souls and Zelda SS.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Final Fantasy II (Pixel Remaster)
The Ascent

Currently playing: Scarlet Nexus...

I did not enjoy that game. I liked the combat, but I didn't like the story. Although I find it hard to enjoy pretty much any story that uses:
Time travel
Also, I despised the way the cut scenes would move from fully animated to profile pictures, and sometimes the profile pictures were animated while at other times they weren't. That was super jarring for me. Pick a style and use it throughout the whole game. Don't toy with my brain. :D

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Just defeated the Old Hero in Demon‘s Souls and am now moving back on in the swamp. I‘m usually a big fan of good black level but here it‘s pretty crazy with HDR enabled. I can‘t see shit. And double the fuckery with the fact that this is still the worst level in Souls history….

Aside from that I restarted RE2 Remake. Amazing game and everything I wanted from the Remake. But here I wish it had the black levels of Demons Souls. LOL

Also dipped a bit in the Yuffie DLC from FFVII Remake. Don‘t really dig it so far. The more serious tone of the main game was more to my liking. The DLC feels like the classic over the top anime thingy so far…

Last edited:

Y0ssarian

Banned
Shin Megami Tensei IV. I finally beat Minotaur and I need to go to Shinjuku. I'm enjoying the game a lot, I really like the darker themes. The supporting cast is nice too. I've never really played a game like this before, and I'm a little worried I screwed up my stat distribution.

zellend

Neo Member
Binding of Isaac on ps5. It's fun but don't do what I am doing and go for the platinum. It's a ballache especially with the dlcs

Markio128

Control and F12021 PS5. Tried Control before, but stopped playing for some reason, however, now I’m balls deep into the game and really enjoying it - taking my time to enjoy the story and atmosphere, with a better understanding of upgrades and mods. F12021 is a great racer, but now my skill and track knowledge have improved, I’m looking forward to finishing this current career and starting another at a higher difficulty - I tend to qualify in 1st and miss out on the hustle and bustle for places.
After those 2, I’ve got a plat to get for R&C and I still haven’t completed Returnal or Demon’s Souls haha.
Had some enjoyment out of MS FS, but not enough to buy the game once my sub runs out in a couple of weeks.

RAIDEN1

Yakuza Kiwami 2 on Gamepass, probably the best Yakuza game I have played out of the ones I have played till date (Yakuza 5, 6, 0, and Kiwami 1) Kiwami 1 was my least favourite out of the lot....after this onto Spiderman Miles Morales for PS4 Pro...

Celcius

°Temp. member
This weekend I’m playing battlefield V because I got it for free. However, it’s my least favorite battlefield game so far and now I’m not hyped for bf2042 any more .

lachesis

Just finished Yakuza 3. Long time ago on, I played it on PS3 as JP ver, but that was the last Yakuza game I've played. This time on XSX gamepass, doing 0-7 marathon with a game or two break in between.

For some reason, this was a rather difficult game to really finish. More than so than most of other games, the pacing felt rather weird. I couldn't max out 2 skill tree sets either, even though I did over 85% in completion (100% of side quests, hit man missions, YF fighter, and all) - in previous Yakuza games, it would have been rewarded with at least max stats. The fighting arena progression also felt pretty slow to open up - and I just didn't feel like grinding. Story wise.. is also weaker than previous ones, but did pickup a bit in the later part. Will see how it will fare in 4 and 5 - I'm little afraid that the whole multi-character would drag the pacing down or bloat the story itself unnecessarily... but since I've not played any Yakuza games past 3's storyline before - so am looking forward what has happened since 3.

Now for a change of pace, decided to go for Persona 5 Strikers. It felt really weird in the beginning that the whole thing is running 60fps on my PS5, and I was so used to P5R's 30fps... I thought I must have turned on the soap-opera setting on my TV (which wasn't). Still trying to grasp the control as I've never played warriors series before, so it may take me a long time to get used to. Already died once fighting that demon horse (not much of action gamer too - and there are just so many things happening on the screen to really grasp the situation)

As per the graphics, if there's any game that I wished anti-aliasing, this game is the one. I'm normally okay with jaggies - but this one with a lot of thin lines all over the screen really could have benefited from just a bit of anti-aliasing... but running quite well at 60fps, graphic mode. Already chuckled a couple times on the story - am looking forward for what lies ahead.

Sublyme

Neo Member
Currently got a few on the go:

Dark Souls Remastered - Xbox Series X
DS: Scholar of the First Sin - PC
Uncharted 4 - PS5
Destiny 2 - Xbox/PC

Most of my time is going into DSR at the moment - trying to get it done because I fancy The Ascent and Returnal, too. So many games, so little time...

GeekyDad

Shin Megami Tensei IV. I finally beat Minotaur and I need to go to Shinjuku. I'm enjoying the game a lot, I really like the darker themes. The supporting cast is nice too. I've never really played a game like this before, and I'm a little worried I screwed up my stat distribution.
First of all, don't worry too much about stat distribution. But if you just beat Minotaur, you're still pretty early on in the game. That being said, I would say going forward, figure out if you're wanting to make your MC a physical fighter or a magical fighter and base your stat distribution on that because, yeah, it will start to matter.

Other than that, enjoy the fuckin' ride! Love this game to pieces!

reektann

First of all, don't worry too much about stat distribution. But if you just beat Minotaur, you're still pretty early on in the game. That being said, I would say going forward, figure out if you're wanting to make your MC a physical fighter or a magical fighter and base your stat distribution on that because, yeah, it will start to matter.

SMT IV was my first SMT game - whilst it was a really hard first few hours I got through them and really loved it by the end. Generally always made sure everyone had the usual elements etc and only had to change my strategy a bit at the very end of the game.

Funnily I was pumped for SMT III on Switch. I really dont seem to like it at all. Dislike the aesthetic and I hate that I can't save constantly like I did in SMT IV :( Also the visuals in IV were much more interesting. Very easy to get steam rolled! Played about 15 hours but put it down a while back as it wasn't drawing my back like SMT IV was.

20 hours into Paper Mario TTYD on Gamecube. A really great time so far and I forgot how much I love the Wavebird controller.

Played through Dead Space and Dead Space 2 back in the day on 360. Installed on Steam today and am playing Dead Space on my 65" OLED with a little reshade tweak. I've even opted to play at an ultrawide res on the 4k screen as it looks super cinematic to me. Going to be a ride as I don't remember a lot of the game.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
How are you liking it so far? How's the gameplay?

I just booted it so no real impressions. I'm not the biggest fan of Vanillaware games. It is beautiful as you'd expect. I've only played one tutorial mission, everything else has been story related.

How are you liking it so far? How's the gameplay?
The gameplay is ok, but it's mostly for the plot. I very rarely care about gaming stories anymore and bought this out of my love for Vanillaware gameplay.

I found that I didn't care much about the battle half (really more like 1/3) of the game, but found the rest of the game incredible.

This game was incredible, but for completely different reasons than their other games like Muramasa and Odin Sphere.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
his game was incredible, but for completely different reasons than their other games like Muramasa and Odin Sphere.
13 Sentinels is very different type of game compare to Odin Sphere and Muramasa and really love seeing Vanillaware take the risk making different games.

FFXIV (PC)
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (PS5)
Halo MCC for multiplayer (XSX)
Xenoblade Chronicles (NSW)

Juggling the above in-between studying for school. It's a good balance at the moment but I can't wait for the semester to end.

catvonpee

Seems like the RE Village OT is dead and I don't want to quad post.... So I will just put this here:

I beat Resident Evil 8 today. What an amazing game that was! It's weird, I had a 3rd person is superior confirmation bias, and I didn't like the game at first... But it really sucks you in. By the time the game was a couple hours in I was loving it. So many "holy shit" moments. The second to the last chapter was completely mind-blowing. (I'm being vague to avoid spoilers).

There is a part of the game similar to the Ashley part of RE4 where you are completely disarmed that so FUCKING SCARY !!! Like I don't think a game ever freaked me out as much. 😂

I used to say Resident Evil 4 was the GOAT with nostalgic sentimentality. But this game was definitely a spiritual successor to RE4. Corny dialogue, over the top boss fights and awesome guns. They absolutely killed the puzzle and treasure aspects of the game. I loved the theme and setting too.

I haven't enjoyed playing a game this much in a long time. I binged the game for over ten hours today and am well into a second playthrough with infinite ammo and awesome guns. This was one of the reasons I enjoyed 4 as much as I did. Replaying with awesome guns is so much fun. The most I can usually play a game for these day is like three or four hours tops. But I was glued to the TV all day.

I can safely assume this will be my game of the year. 10/10 I hope they are remaking RE4 to be just like this. And/or I can't wait to play a continuation of the story because the post-credit scene was very intriguing. :eek:

I can't wait to see what Capcom does without the constraints of the last generation hardware. As amazing as this was graphically, I feel like they could really wow is for a game desiged for SX/PS5.

Black Ops Cold War multiplayer - Though I'm gona stop cause everything is going at 100mph and my brain can't keep up.

Days Gone - Fucking hell. Why didn't I play this on my PS4 Pro when I still had it. What a game. Absolutely blown away by it. Added some nice mods to enhance the gameplay. Thanks to Nexus Mods.

Watch Dogs Legion - So. fucking. good. And the graphics/detail of London. Mind blowing.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Playing it on/off. Adding mods as I go along (also thanks to Nexus Mods). Still better experience than I had on console.

Last edited:
This weekend I’m playing battlefield V because I got it for free. However, it’s my least favorite battlefield game so far and now I’m not hyped for bf2042 any more .
I picked it up for $10 the other day and have not touched it since. Really don't know what happened to this series. It's dogshit. Enjoyed Battlefield 1 more than this.
This one looks nice though. I'll give it that.

Shmunter

Black Ops Cold War multiplayer - Though I'm gona stop cause everything is going at 100mph and my brain can't keep up.

Days Gone - Fucking hell. Why didn't I play this on my PS4 Pro when I still had it. What a game. Absolutely blown away by it. Added some nice mods to enhance the gameplay. Thanks to Nexus Mods.

Watch Dogs Legion - So. fucking. good. And the graphics/detail of London. Mind blowing.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Playing it on/off. Adding mods as I go along (also thanks to Nexus Mods). Still better experience than I had on console.
No idea how you can juggle those fat open world games simultaneously. My hats off to you.

Y0ssarian

Banned

I put most of my points into magic at the start but then realized I was mostly using physical attacks. I then started putting points into dex because I read it was more useful than strength but I use auto battle often and I then read strength was good for regular attacks lol. I'm lvl 17

No idea how you can juggle those fat open world games simultaneously. My hats off to you.
These open worlds are awesome. Days Gone has taken up lot of my time the past few days but going back to Watch Dogs this week to give Days Gone a bit of a break. It helps to break it up a bit so you don't get too bored of the one game. This has always made me enjoy my games more when you can juggle a couple at a time.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Playing the Siege Containment special event.

Also just finished up another playthrough of Dark Souls 3 and started The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles on Switch.

Top Bottom