• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

just about to start Cyberpunk. well i did play a bit of it when it came out but stopped. i've been waiting for dlc but fuck knows what CDPR are doing. i'm tired of waiting on them so fuck it i'm just gonna play the damn game and move on from it.

kikii

<3
gMiasFj.png

TidusYuna

Finished Scarlet Nexus on PS5 and Steins;Gate on PS3. The latter one got me into VNs again big time, added a bunch to my backlog.

Now playing NEO The World Ends With You and liking the art and music a lot. Combat is OK but has potential to get better. Story starts to drag a bit? Maybe it's just a slow starter (I'm on day 6 I think).

3764356-1123.jpg

Also trying to wipe up my PS3 pile of shame further, started Asura's Wrath yesterday. Can't really say much about it because it's still early days, I like how extreme it is.

R.a08a3930132a3462cffd15480df241fe

Make sure you get the story DLC for Asura's Wrath. The ending of the main story is unfortunately tied behind DLC, I believe it is called "Episode Pack part IV."

Banjo64

cumsessed
A Plague Tale Innocence, I’ve just finished Chapter 12.

I had heard good things about this game, and it has really lived up to the hype in my opinion. I’d say it’s on par with some of the best narrative driven games.

I had read that the controls were slightly clunky, however I don’t think so at all.

I also like how you have control over how you approach the combat sections; stealth, sling or environmental kills - it reminds me a bit of The Last of Us in that sense.

Graphically, the game is stunning on my Series S. Great textures and character models, some of the foresty/foliage sections are simply incredible. I’m playing on a 1080p 144hz screen with VRR, so the framerate is unlocked.

I’d never played a game by Asobo until Flight Sim and this, and now I can’t wait for A Plague Tale Requiem.

GymWolf

Giving godfall a second chance after i waited for it to be heavily patched.

The game has some stupid ass shit like not being able to change target with the lock on like every other game who use a lock on system and no moves cancel (so like monster hunter) but the combat is actually not bad when you get in the flow and FULL of cool mechanics to finish enemies so builds can be pretty different.

GymWolf

just about to start Cyberpunk. well i did play a bit of it when it came out but stopped. i've been waiting for dlc but fuck knows what CDPR are doing. i'm tired of waiting on them so fuck it i'm just gonna play the damn game and move on from it.
At this point, why not wait for the complete over-haul? i'm waiting that for my second run.

kingwingin

Skyward sword

It's alright, wish it had more variety in the enviroments and less bullshit trials I have to complete to progress the story.

Monster Hunter Stories 2 (Switch)

25 hours in and still at the third town. I've been grinding and doing sidequests. Currently stuck at a boss

The House In Fata Morgana (Switch)

I'm on chapter 3 and around 10 hours in. Still amazing.

Link's Awakening (Switch)

Got this physical 4 days ago and I'm at the 6th dungeon. I love exploring the world and the enemy designs are fantastic. The dungeons are fun and the bosses are memorable. Looks so amazing. Such an addicting and charming game

IKSTUGA

13 Sentinels and Hades. Okay I already finished 13 Sentinels, but wanted to mention it anyway, because it was so damn good. One of the most unique games I've ever had the pleasure to experience.
Hades is obviously amazing as well. I played it a ton last year on the Switch and now I'm replaying it on the Series X. Probably the best indie game ever made.

Last edited:

stn

Played some Darkness II (X360) over the weekend. It is great and I feel dumb for skipping it many years ago because I thought the art style was a bit more cartoon-y (its actually absolutely great). Really getting into the comics lately encouraged me to buy it, after I beat the first Darkness game when it released.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
currently playing Song of Horror (PS4) on the PS4.
there's room for improvement, but it's pretty good.

Markio128

Literally just finished the main story of Control - great game and I’m looking forward to trying out the DLC. Also playing Hades and enjoying it - 3rd level being my best run. I’ll probably flit between Hades and F12021 until GOT DLC is released on Friday. Can’t wait to play through the game again on PS5.

Cryio

Balancing act:

Finished recently: Tomb Raider Legend and Anniversary on RPCS3. Best visuals from all platforms. Legend is near and dear to my heart, was one of my first "woah, next-gen games" back in the day. Anniversary I always found annoying, so I finished it for the first time this week. Legend at 4K30, Anniversary at 4K60.

Now replaying Tomb Raider Underworld (which I did finish 13 years ago at release). Happy that Xenia (X360 emulation) got good enough that the 2 X360 exclusive Underworld DLCs are now playable. The main game I'll be playing at 4K, 120 fps, 8xMSAA.

My currently installed backlog:
Wolfenstein: The New Colossus
Far Cry 4
Horizon Zero Dawn
Darksiders 3
Amnesia: Rebirth
Area 51
No One Lives Forever 1
Resident Evil 4 (GameCube - Dolphin)
Ratchet and Clank 1 (PS2 - PCSX2)
Alone in the Dark Inferno (PS3 - RPCS3)
God of War 1 (PS3 - RPCS3)

Working at them bit by bit.

Taking me forever. At the no turning back endgame I guess for Walking Dead Saints and sinners. Not ready for it to end. Going to do some fun supply runs and mess around before going for it.

Kokoloko85

A Plague Tale Innocence, I’ve just finished Chapter 12.

I had heard good things about this game, and it has really lived up to the hype in my opinion. I’d say it’s on par with some of the best narrative driven games.

I had read that the controls were slightly clunky, however I don’t think so at all.

I also like how you have control over how you approach the combat sections; stealth, sling or environmental kills - it reminds me a bit of The Last of Us in that sense.

Graphically, the game is stunning on my Series S. Great textures and character models, some of the foresty/foliage sections are simply incredible. I’m playing on a 1080p 144hz screen with VRR, so the framerate is unlocked.

I’d never played a game by Asobo until Flight Sim and this, and now I can’t wait for A Plague Tale Requiem.

Yeah I really enjoyed Plague Tale. The only park of the game I didnt like was when you have to shield behind a the moving kart from arrows.

Asobo is a great team. MS would be wise to pick them up, they have a working relationship with them. It would be……. Organic lol

Banjo64

cumsessed
Yeah I really enjoyed Plague Tale. The only park of the game I didnt like was when you have to shield behind a the moving kart from arrows.

Asobo is a great team. MS would be wise to pick them up, they have a working relationship with them. It would be……. Organic lol
Yes lmao. I played this part yesterday and this section took me about 25 minutes. Really stood out as the games only poorly designed section. 7 enemies rushing you at such short range, if the sling didn’t lock on once you have to restart the whole sequence. Painful!

Kokoloko85

Yes lmao. I played this part yesterday and this section took me about 25 minutes. Really stood out as the games only poorly designed section. 7 enemies rushing you at such short range, if the sling didn’t lock on once you have to restart the whole sequence. Painful!

Hahah, yeah that part raged me. I got rushed many times by missing a shot.…took me longer than 25mins too lol
Yep, it was the only part that sucked. Cant wait for a sequel

Shai-Tan

Banned
Hades. It's funny that I'm lukewarm on one of the most popular roguelike arena games because I like nearly every other game like it. I must be missing something.

other than that I'm working my way through Borderlands 2 in VR. I want to get back into Skyrim VR but stupidly uninstalled it to make room on NVME and just setting up the mods takes hours

BadFunnyGuy

Neo Member
And why or why not would you recommend someone else to play it?

Please do not post unmarked spoilers.

I am currently playing Wolfenstein 2 on Xbox One X.

I would recommend playing it. It has surprised me with great storytelling and a mature but coherent plot. The visuals are stunning to me, and it is loaded with interesting personalities. Off the wall but good.

I do not recommend it if younger. The game is very mature in its themes and plots. This is definitely not a game for younger, not matured kids.
College has started back up for me, so I haven't been playing much. I've been considering getting a couple of games for my Switch lately cause its been collecting dust and I also just got done playing a bit of Destiny 2, I may play some Halo or maybe try and play New Vegas again, only for it to crash on my PC.

WoodyStare

I’ve been flying through Demons Souls lately (only have 1-4, 5-2, 5-3 left). I just got to 5-2 and….dear lord. The run to this boss is brutal.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Just finished A Plague Tale

The section where you have to protect Rodric and the guards run at you from both sides was by far the lowest point. Took me about 15 tries and each time you have to watch a mini cutscene and listen to the dialogue.

Overall I really enjoyed it, but felt some gameplay elements were lacking when it came to your tools. Some were used all the time, while others saw uses only when introduced.

kingwingin

Transistor

Bought it centuries ago and for whatever reason never got around to playing it. Loved bastion and hades but couldn't get myself to boot it up.

Just beat it a few minutes ago and I loved it! Took a bit to get used to the weapons/upgrades but by the end I was blasting dicks off.

Rodolink

Just finished Red Dead Redemption 2 and gotta say is the Zelda Ocarina of Time I would never get. I could just swap Arthur for Link and guns for swords and would be happy. But it's not necessary I just loved it as it is now im gonna go find all the fossils before i move on to the next game.
An on the 3ds I also just finished Bravely Second what great sequel it was. Just found out the one for the Switch was made from a new team, thats a bit disappointing.
Next Id play Jedi Fallen Order on ps5 and Shovel Knight to finally put 3ds gen to rest.

yansolo

just finished mass effect LE and didnt know what to play so i thought id give Andromeda a shot

also playing borderlands 2 with a couple of friends, game is kinda meh but anything is fun with friends

also playing hollow knight here and there

engstra

Been playing Heaven's Vault for the last few days. I'm surprised I've never heard anyone mention this game before because damn, it's really cool. An archaeological science fiction adventure game all about deciphering an ancient language.
I remember seeing a post about it a long time before it released that had gotten me intrigued as it came from the creators of 80 Days but then it kind of released without much fanfare despite being well received by critics. Really enjoying the artstyle and sense of discovery so far. There is some deep lore in this, which the game doesn't really ease you into, but a couple of hours in I'm now hooked. Game feels much bigger than I anticipated and you spend a lot of time traveling in your spaceship between moons/planets which is quite a relaxing experience.
So far would recommend people checking it out.

Last edited:

Rayderism

I've been on a retro gaming trip the last couple weeks. I've been updating, tweaking, adding to, and playing my legacy console emulators on PC. Many of them have been copy/pasted throughout the Windows OS's since Win98 (currently on Win10). I'm surprised that they've kept working over the years, but many of them were horribly, terribly out of date. Some were getting a bit flaky, though not as many as you might think. Whether it was simply updating to the latest version, or changing the emulator completely, or just optimizing what was already there, I've been on a mission to get them up to scratch. And I'm having lots of fun doing it.....so many forgotten games have been played, so much nostalgia, so much fun, and a bit of frustration with some of the more finicky emulators. But I got the ones I was having the most issues with working well now.

Kev Kev

zombie army 4: dead war is great so far. i love the slow zombies and funneling them into a hallway and picking off each with head shots. or setting up traps/mines/trip wires. i love the exploration and finding hidden items. upgrading guns and skins, customizing my character and being able to take that all online without anything changing. fun game!

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Collecting all the files in RE2 Remake. Currently on Leon‘s 2nd run. Will do Claire‘s 2nd after and then I‘m done I guess.

Such a great game. Mr.X is super aggressive on the 2nd run. Won‘t leave me the fuck alone. :D

Looking back I still can‘t believe this game actually got made and then also turned out so well. Would be absolutely perfect even if Capcom did the B-scenario right. From how it ended up in the game I think it would have been better to just leave it be. Having to replay the entire, aside from one boss fight, identical game just to see the real ending is a drag. Such a shame. Would have paid top dollar for a propper B-scenario delivered via DLC.

Dr. Suchong

Contra Arcade and Toki.
They feel more like memory tests than anything else, which isn't a good mix with my brain, as I often can't even remember what I had for dinner.
Streets of bullshit 4, Survival with it's iffy hitboxes (imho) that have aged me by a decade with the amount of salt dessicating my entire being.
Death stranding. In it for the long haul (pun intended) and may attempt the plat.
Oh and raging at that Spider Boss in Ori wotw.

Dr. Suchong

Transistor

Bought it centuries ago and for whatever reason never got around to playing it. Loved bastion and hades but couldn't get myself to boot it up.

Just beat it a few minutes ago and I loved it! Took a bit to get used to the weapons/upgrades but by the end I was blasting dicks off.
There's some practically game breaking combinations of passive and active skills in that game. Dicks being blasted off indeed! 😁👍

Dr. Suchong

Giving godfall a second chance after i waited for it to be heavily patched.

The game has some stupid ass shit like not being able to change target with the lock on like every other game who use a lock on system and no moves cancel (so like monster hunter) but the combat is actually not bad when you get in the flow and FULL of cool mechanics to finish enemies so builds can be pretty different.
I was thinking of giving this a shot, it looks pretty slick and the mechanics look solid.

bit_blaster

Neo Member
Started another playthrough of Ocarina Of Time on 3DS because I felt nostalgic for it. I just entered the Fire Temple after doing my least favorite sidequest; the big poes.

I started Axiom Verge 2 as well. I think its pretty good so far, I'm only about an hour and a half in, but I feel like its too distant from the first. It almost feels like an entirely different franchise, idk if its because you use a sword instead of guns, or if its the "The Thing" vibe the art has going on.

I also caught the Runescape bug again which strikes every year and I'm now training agility in Cannifis.

EDMIX

Which mods are you using? I recently reinstalled to get ready for my first playthrough in ages, and thinking of what would be good.

I'm usually light with mods and really only like small world building stuff

Vegetation mods
Higher crowd count
Adding kids aka Children of Cyrodiil mod
Qarls Texture Pack III

etc.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I am having a hard time finding a game that keeps my attention. It seems like every game I come across that sounds interesting to me in the past year, minus some PlayStation exclusives, got delayed.

I suppose Humankind sounds good, but I played so many hours of Civ 5 and 6 over the past three years that I am afraid I'll plop down the $50 for it and then get bored in an hour or two. Hmm. Guess I'll browse this thread for ideas later.

Top Bottom