• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

How do you plan on selecting a game? I've played all those games (except Eternia; anything before Symphonia in general) and while they're all Tales games they all have their own strengths and weaknesses.
I'll probably do them in order of release. From what I've seen of those I've played and finished, the combat system gets more and more complex, when they're not completely different in that regard, and going back to Symphonia after playing, say, Vesperia, can be pretty hard when you're used to all the improvements brought by the latter.

Labadal

I'm playing Mafia 3. There's more stealth combat than shooting, because of the way I play. Silently take down as many enemies as you can. It's an okay game, if a bit safe. It doesn't suck at anything, yet it isn't amazing. A solid 7/10 so far.

Artistic

I'm playing Mafia 3. There's more stealth combat than shooting, because of the way I play. Silently take down as many enemies as you can. It's an okay game, if a bit safe. It doesn't suck at anything, yet it isn't amazing. A solid 7/10 so far.
Still need to finish it, but will say the gameplay isn't that great and is very repetitive. Cars control like shit too.

Only saving grace is the story.

Mabdia

VID-20210809-195112-mp4-snapshot-00-19-417.jpg

Armorian

Banned
With Persona 5 and CP2077 done and VERY near end of AC Valhalla I play:

- Medievil PS4 (it's quite fun, I am a big fun of the series)
- Ni No Kuni 2 PS4 (just started)
- Resident Evil CVX PS3 - now this game is quite great, last typical RE I haven't played and PS3 version is amazing.

I think about Persona 4G on PC :pie_thinking:

catvonpee

I decided to get Baldur's Gate 3. I was gonna wait for it to release on Xbox, but that feels like it's going to be a long wait.

First impression: I am surprised by how deep and awesome the game is. I have never played real Dungeons and Dragons before... But I like this a lot. I need to remember to save more often because I got pretty far and jumped off the airship on accident, only to realize that I hadn't saved.

I can feel it melting my laptop 😱

bender

What time is it?
WarioWare demo: It's great and I'm pumped for the final release. Having characters with multiple abilities to tackle the same mini games is a great concept. My high score is 58.
Quake (PS4): Brings back such fond memories of when I loved this genere.
Gears 5: Really hoping my buddy has some time today to wrap out the final act. Pretty underwhelmed by the base campaign.
Recompile: Tried out the first level. Not sure I'll continue much past that.
Twelve Minutes: The concept is neat but the animations are terrible and I'm really not liking the control method they selected.

catvonpee

I'm loving Baldur's Gate 3. I tend to want to skip over the dialogue in games like this. But the writing and characters are very enjoyable. I love the dice rolls and how your skills play into what happens. What a great game.

Naked Lunch

Record of Lodoss War [Dreamcast] - Not sure what it is about this game but this is more fun to me than any Diablo ive played. The weapon/armor upgrading system is pure crack. I think the anime license adds a lot to it despite its butt ugly graphics.

Ive owned this game since the day it came out - and I remember playing thru it back then and getting wrecked, not understanding anything. Somehow I made it to the final levels back then and got stuck and quit. Fast forward to now, 20 years later, and ive finally decided to learn how to play it. Im nearing the end and might even go for a full optional dungeon completion.
Definitely one of Dreamcast's best.

Last edited:

Hestar69

little bit of nocturne on the switch ,game seems good so far.

Apex and pubg with friends. Also played the Diablo 2 beta and liked it (first time playing Diablo 2)

Might try quake 1 out later or lugis mansion 3 I got off amazon the other day

Last edited:

lachesis

Persona 5 Strikers. Doing Sapporo jail now.

Since this being my first Musho style game - it was rather quite unexpected that how similar the whole game to actual Persona 5. Melee being one thing, but having whole persona system feels like quite a strange mixture of action and turn based rpg. I like it, but not without its fault... that sometimes I just don't feel like I'm in control of anything on screen as it's so chaotic.... perhaps that's the charm of musho game? Wish it had some timing based evade and guard function.

Other than that - so far I like the new characters and how they interact with existing ones. Zenkichi already made me chuckle quite a few times. Although it sometimes feel like just playing more of fan-service after story oftentimes - I still appreciate the scale of whole thing, exploring new locations/cities.

Edit: I cleared Sapporo and moved onto the next. It took some big turn as far as story is concerned & the storyline started to feel a bit repetitive & piqued my interest. Hopefully it will deliver till the end. :)

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Had a lot of fun with Death Stranding after finishing up Cyberpunk 2077. Both games were great. The sub $30- price at the time of sale was well worth it.

Lately I've been playing and re-playing a bunch of games in the Call of Duty series (namely because of the recent Steam sale). None of those are bad either. World at War I think is my favorite so far because it's so intense and gameplay driven. They became more cinematic and blockbuster-like after that. Even so, I'm still having fun with Infinite Warfare right now; much better than I thought it would be. Gonna have to replay the second game in the series again at some point to see how well it holds up... I remember loving it back in the day.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

What system did you play Cyberpunk 2077 on?
PC laptop. Ran smooth as butter in terms of performance (but not the in-game glitches & bugs). All settings were maxed out by default.

I have the ASUS ROG Zephyrus, with a 165 hz refresh rate, Ryzen 5900, and GeForce 3070 w/ 16 GB. And a 1 TB SSD, if that matters.

Kaachan

D2:R
Great atmosphere and unforgiving gameplay
It’s that kind of game where you really ought to think through every choice you make
I love the whole process of selecting a class, slowly building them, gearing them to eventually get through Nightmare and Hell difficulty

Last edited:

Ev1L AuRoN

:( Still hoping to eventually get to it myself. My youngest took the Switch with him when he went off to college. Will try to get a Switch Lite when I can spare the funds.
Man, what a treat, this is without a doubt the best Switch game and my 2019 Goty. I put more than 200 hours in this game and I have the attention span of a golden fish, I usually play a game for 30 minutes I go and to something else. This gaming is addicting AF.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Recently beaten some SNES games: F-Zero on master, Secret of Evermore and Terranigma.
Currently playing Alien Soldier, managing to reach Stage 20 but getting my ass handed to me by the Seven Force.

I'm quite happy by having set up a retro space, as I missed a ton of cool games back in the day.

Last edited:
I'm still playing Fable 2. This game kinda sucks, no? I don't get it.

So my wife who I wooed through the process of countless thumbs up and blow kiss emotes left me for no apparent reason. Her happiness was maxed out. I was keeping her satisfied with more of those emotes she loves when she switched from, "I like it, I really do!" to "Mother was right about you. This marriage is over!".

Then, I got the messages "Your wife divorced you and left the region. "Following the death of your wife the government took your son".

This whole game is just gibberish nonsense and it plays just as bad. Fable has to be the most overrated franchise ever (even if it isn't even rated all that high).

Chastten

Banned
Vacation is over and I finished Persona 5 Strikers and Ys IX: Monstrum Nox, both on Switch.

P5S is a fantastic game even if you haven't played P5, like me. The game does a great job at making sure you know the characters and some backstory and the musou combat is fun as always. Now, this was pure coincidence as I didn't know anything before going on, but playing it over summer break was a fantastic choice as the game takes place during summer break and has a great summer vibe. Highly recommended as I'm sure it's even better if you're already familiar with P5.

Ys IX is also great, but the perfomance is kinda crap on Switch. It's not something that bugs me personally but I'm sure Neogaf hates the game for it. That being said, I absolutely loved the story and the combat is just as great as expected, if you can ignore the framedrops. The fact it mostly takes place in a single huge city is a nice change of pace and I liked discovering all the secrets.

I recently got both Ori games as well as Pokemon Mystery Dungeon so those will be next as I'm up for a few shorter games now :p

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Doom Eternal: I'm not too keen on the gameplay loop. I'd rather there just be more ammo, more old school run and gun with light exploration Doom. The multiplayer is OK. I only have the battlemode or whatever unlocked, and I like playing as some of the demons, but again, I'd like some classic Quake-like multiplayer in there as an option.

Worldbox: Still in alpha on PC, it's a fun, light little world simulator. I dropped a bunch of elves with a druid on one side of the island chain, humans with a white wizard on the other, and eventually the two villages became kingdoms, discovered one another, and the elves proceeded to butcher the humans and even their cats. So I unleashed a zombie plagued and Crabzilla, king of crabs.

GeekyDad

I tried but couldn't do it. The original Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is obviously a great, little game, but you instantly miss the huge QoL features of A2. So...I'm back already. New file, gonna try new jobs. Going to focus Luso as a hunter this time around. Not sure what I'll make his support job yet. Ahhh...but it feels good. Not sure why I'm loving this game so much. My last file says 119 hours, and I just finished that a few weeks ago. Eh, who cares. :D

mekes

Currently playing The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan. And enjoying it too. I had struggled to find a new game to enjoy over the past few months. I tried Divinity Original Sin 2 but it’s too much of a long slog and DMC5 but was really unimpressed by the opening hours of the game. Both of these I would go back to but Man of Medan hits the sweet spot of entertaining me with the absolute focus of the game being the story which moves along at a great pace.

SSfox

Genshin Impact mostly those days, and I'm a bit impress of how much content there was added in the game since launch.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Currently playing The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan. And enjoying it too. I had struggled to find a new game to enjoy over the past few months. I tried Divinity Original Sin 2 but it’s too much of a long slog and DMC5 but was really unimpressed by the opening hours of the game. Both of these I would go back to but Man of Medan hits the sweet spot of entertaining me with the absolute focus of the game being the story which moves along at a great pace.

The "curator's cut" of this and the next in the anthology both show as free to me in the PSN store, so I claimed them. Never heard of them, was looking for a good adventure to start next.

Abhorash

Neo Member
Is her game good, guys? I really dig the setting, but I have heard complaints that it's too short and not "RE-like" enough.

jbzGg41.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom