• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

TLZ

Banned
Miles & Kilo.

A surprisingly fun and challenging arcade game, if you're always running and gunning for S rating.

GeekyDad

I put most of my points into magic at the start but then realized I was mostly using physical attacks. I then started putting points into dex because I read it was more useful than strength but I use auto battle often and I then read strength was good for regular attacks lol. I'm lvl 17
Yeah, you're still early in. Just need to decide what you want your character to focus on at this point.

I've had Sayonara Wild Hearts installed on my Xbox since 2019 and just now decided to give it a go. Watched the opening title screen twice, the music is great!

Monster Hunter Stories 2 (Switch)

20 hours in and at the third town. Loving the gameplay, figuring out each enemies weakness is fun. I'm really enjoying the characters and plot.

The House In Fata Morgana (Switch)

First ever Visual Novel. I'm on chapter 2 and around 5 hours in. I'm loving the story and characters. Surprisingly dark.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Completed Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels on Super Mario All-Stars

Don't use Luigi, he slides like he's on ice the entire game through. It's all about Mario in this game

Shai-Tan

Banned
Mutant Year Zero - I thought I would like it more. stealth + turn based strategy, but it plays like x-com with only a few boring abilities and half the amount of health to artificially inflate difficulty. it's ok I suppose

VR:
Yuki - another bullet hell ish game where the ship is attached to your hand. haven't played enough to decide if I really like it. on first impression I like Shooty Skies Overdrive more, however Yuki has some roguelike elements that may make it more interesting later

Walkabout Mini Golf - this is the first one I've played that feels somewhat natural. not quite as natural as eleven table tennis feels like ping pong but close enough. the only negative is the courses are not particularly exciting

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Finished Scarlet Nexus on PS5 and Steins;Gate on PS3. The latter one got me into VNs again big time, added a bunch to my backlog.

Now playing NEO The World Ends With You and liking the art and music a lot. Combat is OK but has potential to get better. Story starts to drag a bit? Maybe it's just a slow starter (I'm on day 6 I think).

3764356-1123.jpg

Also trying to wipe up my PS3 pile of shame further, started Asura's Wrath yesterday. Can't really say much about it because it's still early days, I like how extreme it is.

R.a08a3930132a3462cffd15480df241fe

Last edited:
can't make my mind up. going between fortnite, rocket league, flight sim, stardew, eve online, valorant. lol just a bit of everything when i feel like it.

might go back to Persona 3 FES on PS2. really want to start Cyberpunk but waiting for dlc and more patches.

engstra

Finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps last night. Surprisingly beautiful ending considering I was not really invested in the story up until then. Really enjoy the movement in the game but just don't care for the combat, just really repetitive. While the art style deserves praise I do think it's quite busy at times making it hard to see what you can interact with in the environment and what will harm you. Definitely other metroidvanias I enjoy more but still a good game.
Not sure if I want to dive into a big game in my backlog like Breath of the Wild, RDR2 or Yakuza Zero (best one in the series to start with?) or if I will play some shorter games, maybe dust off the PSVR for a bit.

[Sigma]

A Plague Tale. I don't normally play PS plus games these days but I started this yesterday.

Going to try Back 4 Blood tomorrow when the open beta starts.

Hoping to be done in a few days so I can start Hades by the weekend.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps last night. Surprisingly beautiful ending considering I was not really invested in the story up until then. Really enjoy the movement in the game but just don't care for the combat, just really repetitive. While the art style deserves praise I do think it's quite busy at times making it hard to see what you can interact with in the environment and what will harm you. Definitely other metroidvanias I enjoy more but still a good game.
Not sure if I want to dive into a big game in my backlog like Breath of the Wild, RDR2 or Yakuza Zero (best one in the series to start with?) or if I will play some shorter games, maybe dust off the PSVR for a bit.
No doubt about it.

gamer82

My backlog is on hold on ps5 can’t decide what to start so I’m playing Metroid fusion for first time on my 3dsxl need to play through it before dread.
alsothough saving my oled switch for Xmas in cases there’s nothing that takes my fancy .

Shai-Tan

Banned
just now finished Vertigo Remastered in VR. It's a decent ish Half Life clone made by a few people. I enjoyed it for what it is.

Started playing Wattam today after buying it on sale, it's one of those games that I keep completely forgetting about. Keita Takahashi really is one of my favourite game designers and this is very much what you'd expect from him.

drganon

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with that boss?
It was the circus boss.

I gave the game a second chance and was finally able to beat that boss and the rest of the game. First route anyway.

Upon further reflection the game definitely has its flaws, but overall it's pretty good. The real moral of the story is dont be like me and get easily angered and frustrated.

Derktron

Banned
To my surprise cause I get bored easily with games nowadays but I bought The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and I'm liking it so far. It's keeping me entuned to the game. The game feels just right.

Hades (around 9ish)
Boyfriend dungeon (7ish)
Art of rally (9ish)
Flight Sim (10ish)
Been a really good few weeks on Gamepass.
I started Judgment too but only about 4 hours in.

stn

Played some Ninja Blade (X360) last night for the first time. The combat is pretty solid and what I expected, and I also love the setting (Tokyo at night). Too many QTE's though, its already annoying.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Nier Replicant; what a special game. Also switched to English voices and yeah, it's much more immersive seeing as I can more easily follow it's story but on the other hand is feels less serious for some reason. Having a blast though (that Zelda reference; item get!)

GeekyDad

Well, started a new file on Order of Ecclesia as an interim game. Haven't played it in a while, and my DS Castlevanias are always great interim games. Shit's still so damned beautiful to look at.

Y0ssarian

Banned
I beat Shin Megami Tensei IV yesterday (loved it).

Today I started Fire Emblem Echoes and played for around 2 hours. The story and characters are pretty good. The maps kinda suck though, they're just empty fields? I might start Catherine Full Body as well.

JumpMan1981

Banned
I'm thinking about making a start on Axiom Verge 2 later today.

Meanwhile I am still struggling away with the DLC for Hollow Knight.

reektann

I beat Nocturne before starting IV. I did like Nocturne a lot as well. The themes and plot were some of the best I've enjoyed in a game
Ok interesting - i think I just hate that I cant constantly save like I could in IV ! It's so easy to get steamrolled in SMT that i almost saved quickly after EVERY fight in IV!

Top Bottom