• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your most anticipated exclusives in the 1st year of PS5?

What's your most anticipated game/games? (you can choose more than one)

• Total voters
Common misconception.
Devs themselves would know more than Sixthaxis.

While you may make a good point - their specific answer "We don't know beyond our current release plans for PS4, PS5, and Epic Games Store" actually does NOT rule out a Xbox version whatsoever. Obviously, they are tied to a contract and are not really allowed to say anything other than PS4/PS5/PC lol.

Nowhere in that statement from the devs it says that its NOT coming to Xbox, they are simply saying "they do not know beyond that" which is clearly a lie and of course they do but they have no choice but to hide it. It's marketing talk dude. I work in gaming industry myself and also talk to a lot of marketing people almost on daily basis. This is typical marketing jargon.

Could it turn out to only be PS4/PS5/PC and I am totally wrong ? Sure. But as of right now, the devs neither confirmed or denied. Feel free to bookmark this page/post so we can laugh at whatever happens later whether you or I are wrong.

Last edited:

slade

For launch, the only game I really have to have is Spider-man. I also want to try DMC5 to see if haptics add anything to the gameplay experience. Up until the next PS5 game which is either Kena or Ratchet, I'll be busy with some remaining PS4 games as well as Sakuna which is launching soon.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
In no particular order:

Demon's Souls
Final Fantasy XVI
Gran Turismo 7
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart
Kena Bridge of Spirits
When all 5 of these titles are out i think it will be the time i'll buy a PS5.

Eventually and at a much later date i will also get Godfall,Horizon and God of War.

GT7, Ratchet & Clank, Demon's Souls are PS5 only so far though.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Great! Thank you all for participating! Ranks so far:

1. GOW: Ragnarok (117 votes).
2. Demon's Souls (104 votes).
3. Horizon II: FW (96 votes).

Last edited:

LucidFlux

Astro's will absolutely be the first thing my wife and I play through... and then I'm kicking her off onto the Switch so I can play Demon's Souls LOL.

We've already talked about playing Bugsnax and Sackboy's Big Adventure together. I'm still on the fence with Godfall but starting to lean towards yes.

Very much looking forward to Ghostwire Tokyo, that game has such a unique style and just looks plain fun. God of War, Kena, FF XVI, HII:FW, and Returnal are all a lock. I need to go back and finish the first Spider-man before I'll let myself get MM ( I keep getting distracted).

I haven't bought a racing game in like 7 years but feeling the itch so definitely picking up GT7.

Bonus: Most anticipated non exclusives will be Destiny 2: Beyond Light and Cyberpunk once they both get their next-gen patches Dec 8 and early next year respectively.

GOW 2018 is one of my games of the generation, so yeah it is Ragnarok. I am very looking forward to FFXVI too but I doubt it will come out in 2021.

GenericUser

Are all these games confirmed to release in 2021? I thought FF16 was only speculation? If these games really come out in 2021, then this must be the best first year of any console ever. I see no less then THREE really heavy hitters, that I have to get. GT7, FF16 and GoW Ragnarok. All three have the potential to be absolute 10/10 games.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Are all these games confirmed to release in 2021? I thought FF16 was only speculation? If these games really come out in 2021, then this must be the best first year of any console ever. I see no less then THREE really heavy hitters, that I have to get. GT7, FF16 and GoW Ragnarok. All three have the potential to be absolute 10/10 games.

According to available details, but delays are becoming trendy as of late.

Top Bottom