• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your most anticipated exclusives in the 1st year of PS5?

What's your most anticipated game/games? (you can choose more than one)

• Total voters

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
My personal prediction is that Goodbye Volcano High will end deadlast in this poll. This game would do much better in a similar poll on "that other forum". Wouldn't make any difference in software sales of course. The woke crowd are more interested in promoting inclusive games than in buying them.

GymWolf

It was horizon before knowing of that crossgen bullshit, now it's probably ragnarock (inb4 the crossgen announcement even for that one).

There is a big scarcity of real ps5 non-crossgen\timed exclusive games on that list...it's pretty cute.

Yes, it's been in development more than 5 years, here is a video of it in 2015:

Another gameplay months ago:

It's free on PS Plus this month ;) Grab it now from the website!

I did some digging. It was supposed to be released in 2018 for all platforms including Xbox One, PS4, PC and even Switch. Then the game went quiet again and was re announced in 2020 Sony conference thingy in June. The game is now coming out for PS5/PS4 and PC at same time and I believe still coming to Xbox at a later date unless that changed completely and we won'tknow until the contract lifts really. Do not think its coming to switch anymore.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Just Spider Man If I had to pick, honestly not to hyped about a short side game with a buy in of $500. Would be much more interested in Spider man 2.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
That‘s not an exclusive to any console, are you lost? This is an exclusive game brag thread.

BUG SMACKS DAY ONE BAYBE!

The reason that I avoided multiplats because these are permanent/timed games that you would choose one console/platform over another. In this case, this is PS5. If I put Xbox/next gen in general and have this avatar many will be irritated and attack me like usual. 🤷‍♂️

I'll be getting AC: Valhalla, Immortal: Fenyx Rising, and CP2077 the next gen version when it's available along with most of those games above. Maybe I missed a game or two in the process, but you can't just play everything thing at the same time. Better buy a game after you finish one, you might get it discounted as well instead of a spending spree.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Better buy a game after you finish one, you might get it discounted as well instead of a spending spree.

YES! Fight FOMO and wait for the inevitable sales.

Also exclusive game brag threads are great, your list seems complete, if you’ve got them show ‘em, as long as people don’t try to derail it by talking about another system.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
YES! Fight FOMO and wait for the inevitable sales.

Yup, it's always better to buy the game when you can really fully focus on it. I think AC Valhalla will take 3-4 weeks to fully finish. Spiderman MM would be around 5-7 days, I think. So when you go for the next game, you can fully enjoy it and not get distracted and avoid story confusion when you jump from one game to another. Helps to appreciate the game as well. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Yes, and I'll get Watch Dogs: Legions down the line, whether I catch it in sales or full price. I think my gaming time will be:

Astro's Playroom: 4-8 hours.
Spiderman MM: 5-7 days.
AC Valhalla: 3-4 weeks.

Then from that point, I'll see if I wanna change the flavor with Sackboy or get Immortal: Fenyx Rising ;)

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Those are some direct feeds from PS5 for Spiderman MM, looks mint!

El07POYWkAU7Yzn

El07PiUXgAclsJ_

El07PzWXgAAXnTE

El07QEMXEAAVLQV

Hunnybun

Yes, it's been in development more than 5 years, here is a video of it in 2015:

Another gameplay months ago:

It's free on PS Plus this month ;) Grab it now from the website!

Credit where it's due: Little Devil Inside is one of the most gorgeous games I've ever seen.

Just absolutely beautiful art style.

TimFL

I would‘ve voted for a potential new Spider-Man game but I‘m a die-hard Peter Parker superfan with no interest in Miles (I think he is an overall mediocre character). I hope this is a one-off focus on Miles with several more Peter main stories to follow.

God of War for me then... and somehow Stray... that looks intriguing to me.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

Hmmm.... That tweet from Playstation DE mentions a new release date. And also today an important German retailer announced that it would ship Playstations 5 a week earlier... Could it be that Sony is indeed releasing the PS5 a week earlier?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Hmmm.... That tweet from Playstation DE mentions a new release date. And also today an important German retailer announced that it would ship Playstations 5 a week earlier... Could it be that Sony is indeed releasing the PS5 a week earlier?

Yes, more reports that some might actually launch earlier in Germany. No news here in Oman/Sony ME, still 19th of November.

GametimeUK

Souls, Ratchet and Astro.

Fair play to anyone that loves God of War, but the latest one for me is so overrated. I'll play it, but I'm not at "omg I need this" levels of hype like previous entries.

COVID year...... at this point anything can happen.

Hunnybun

I'm sure Spider-Man MM will look nuts but I never could get my screenshots of the OG Spider-Man on PS4 to look as good as pre-released images. I believe we were treated some bullshots back then.

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the footage Marvel posted of the Spiderverse suit gameplay.

It's the first extended gameplay footage in decent quality that just shows Miles swinging around the city. It looks absolutely fantastic - maybe not a generational leap from the original, but clearly still way better looking.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I'm sure Spider-Man MM will look nuts but I never could get my screenshots of the OG Spider-Man on PS4 to look as good as pre-released images. I believe we were treated some bullshots back then.

Yup, more like in-engine than direct feed back then. I'm very curious to see the screenshots from the console and how they'll look. Some screenshots are just mindblowing, but according to the very compressed video of youtube, I managed to show some good quality, still:

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-23h41m56s869.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-00h49m31s777.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-00h04m29s438.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-23h49m39s069.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-18-23h46m45s627.png

Compared to direct feed:

MilesMorales_PS5_MilesGanke_Legal.png

MilesMorales_PS5_Standoff_Legal.png

MilesMorales_PS5_Tinkerer_Legal.png

MilesMorales_PS5_Combat_Legal.png

This time I think it might not be bullshots.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the footage Marvel posted of the Spiderverse suit gameplay.

It's the first extended gameplay footage in decent quality that just shows Miles swinging around the city. It looks absolutely fantastic - maybe not a generational leap from the original, but clearly still way better looking.

Tried to download it, but the app is not working properly. Wanted to make some screenies out of it.

AJUMP23

FFXVI is it. IF it comes out in 2021 then I will buy a ps5, but I don't think it will be out in 2021. I also don't think the next GOW will be out in 2021. Horizon may make it out, but I don't care about that game.

We'll stick with the official announcements until it's said otherwise.
My parents never had to tell me Santa isn't real. Guess I'll retract using my own brain and wait for official confirmation now. I mean really though. All they had to show was a fucking title card. The fact that Sony bald faced lied about that game's release date makes me think dry months are ahead for Playstation. Would explain the sudden third party exclusivity deals too.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
My parents never had to tell me Santa isn't real. Guess I'll retract using my own brain and wait for official confirmation now. I mean really though. All they had to show was a fucking title card. The fact that Sony bald faced lied about that game's release date makes me think dry months are ahead for Playstation. Would explain the sudden third party exclusivity deals too.

You're just assuming the worst here. Cory Barlog in some interview explained that they had 5 sequels in mind, and it won't take 5 years to make the second one and that's in 2018. So yeah, it could be in 2021, or delayed to 2022. Until then, we deal with the information available, and keep Santa out of it.

yurinka

For me:

GoW>>Spider-Man>Demon's Souls>Horizon 2>>Sackboy>Astro's Playroom>Ratchet>Returnal>Jett>Godfall>>Stray>Little Devil Inside>Ghostwire Tokyo>the other ones

You're just assuming the worst here. Cory Barlog in some interview explained that they had 5 sequels in mind, and it won't take 5 years to make the second one and that's in 2018. So yeah, it could be in 2021, or delayed to 2022. Until then, we deal with the information available, and keep Santa out of it.
Not sure but as I remember all SSM took around 3 years. GoW 2018 I think was started in late 2014 and before that they did work in a canned new IP. So yes, a 2021 game makes sense specially considering they don't need to reboot the franchise, combat, game concept, story, character design and so on because it will be mostly a direct sequel with better visuals and rehashing mostly everything from the previous one.

Specially considering that in each new SSM game increases the amount of people working on it.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

You do realize Kena Bridge of Spirits, Deathloop and Oddworld are timed exclusives right and not actual exclusives right? Oh and Kena is also a ps4 game as well. Do your research before you misinform people lol. I know its a bit hard to do that when your avatar is so fanboyish and you are too lazy to go to google.

Kena is only planned for PS4, PS5 and Epic.

Kena is only planned for PS4, PS5 and Epic.

"Kena is, however, a cross-gen release with a PlayStation 4 version and free upgrades to PlayStation 5 to be offered. The game will also be coming to PC with some rather modest system requirements, and is a timed exclusive on console, so Xbox owners will simply be coming to the party a year or so later. "

sublimit

Banned
In no particular order:

Demon's Souls
Final Fantasy XVI
Gran Turismo 7
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart
Kena Bridge of Spirits
When all 5 of these titles are out i think it will be the time i'll buy a PS5.

Eventually and at a much later date i will also get Godfall,Horizon and God of War.

bitbydeath

"Kena is, however, a cross-gen release with a PlayStation 4 version and free upgrades to PlayStation 5 to be offered. The game will also be coming to PC with some rather modest system requirements, and is a timed exclusive on console, so Xbox owners will simply be coming to the party a year or so later. "

Common misconception.
Devs themselves would know more than Sixthaxis.

Demon's Souls because it's soooooooo close now, with Ratchet & Clank not too far behind. I'm also really excited for both Deathloop and Ghostwire. Two really cool new IPs from two studios I'm a big fan of, and both look really stylish and fun.

I liked Horizon, but didn't love it, so I need to see more of what's going to be improved in the sequel.

And while I thought God of War was awesome, I don't believe for a second that Ragnarok will come out in 2021. I'd love to be wrong, but I think Horizon is the holiday game and GoW will be 2022.

Mahavastu

I already pre-ordered Spiderman.
Ratchet, Horizon2 and God of war are "must haves", returnal also looked interesting
I guess others will follow, maybe at a sale. Together with some older PS4 games from the collection there is no scarcity of good games :messenger_grinning:

Top Bottom