• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your most anticipated exclusives in the 1st year of PS5?

What's your most anticipated game/games? (you can choose more than one)

• Total voters

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I personally gonna jump straight to Astro's Playroom while downloading Spider-man MM. Then buy most of these games one by one!

Disclaimer: Some of these games are PS exclusives (PS4/PS5), some are PS5 exclusives, some are console exclusives (available on PC at the same time or later), and some are timed exclusives (available on other platforms later).

Last edited:
Such an extensive list of exclusive games to choose from. I will begin with Demon's Souls and Spider-Man Miles Morales at first. Then I'll look at getting Horizon, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank, FF16, God of War, Kena and Godfall next year. Again, this is a huge list of exclusive games to purchase in just the first year!

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I don't for one second believe all of those are gonna make a 2021 release date, but I'm pretty hyped for about half of them. That said, I'd be playing Deathloop on PC anyways.

I actually really hope Sackboy's Big Adventure is a low-key gem, I'm all on board for a good SM3DW clone if the best Nintendo are gonna do is repackage the same game for £50 on Switch anyway.

I personally gonna jump straight to Astro's Playroom while downloading Spider-man MM. Then buy most of these games one by one!

You do realize Kena Bridge of Spirits, Deathloop and Oddworld are timed exclusives right and not actual exclusives right? Oh and Kena is also a ps4 game as well. Do your research before you misinform people lol. I know its a bit hard to do that when your avatar is so fanboyish and you are too lazy to go to google.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
You do realize Kena Bridge of Spirits, Deathloop and Oddworld are timed exclusives right and not actual exclusives right? Oh and Kena is also a ps4 game as well. Do your research before you misinform people lol. I know its a bit hard to do that when your avatar is so fanboyish and you are too lazy to go to google.

I did think about adding a quick "someone is about to come and tell you that some of these are timed" addendum to my post, but by gosh you beat me to it

They are timed, for sure, but OP does explicitly say "1st year of PS5" wherein none of those games will be on Xbox. I don't think it's much of a reach

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Such an extensive list of exclusive games to choose from. I will begin with Demon's Souls and Spider-Man Miles Morales at first. Then I'll look at getting Horizon, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank, FF16, God of War, Kena and Godfall next year. Again, this is a huge list of exclusive games to purchase in just the first year!

Sorry, just added Returnal to the list! You may choose it now.

I don't for one second believe all of those are gonna make a 2021 release date, but I'm pretty hyped for about half of them. That said, I'd be playing Deathloop on PC anyways.

I actually really hope Sackboy's Big Adventure is a low-key gem, I'm all on board for a good SM3DW clone if the best Nintendo are gonna do is repackage the same game for £50 on Switch anyway.

I'm a big fan of LBP, so getting Sackboy indeed!

Didn't specify PS5 exclusive/console exclusive/timed exclusive. You may participate in a positive way instead of attacking people and derailing the thread. Thanks!

itsArtie

Definitely God of War, but also Horizon, the first game has an amazing environment and gameplay so I have high expectations.

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
God of War Ragnarok is number 1.

Kinda iffy on Ghostwire but put that on there as well, for the cool aesthetics. Returnal feels like a sleeperhit but what we have seen so far looks realy great and its pretty unique as a AAA roquelike.

Sorry, just added Returnal to the list! You may choose it now.

I'm a big fan of LBP, so getting Sackboy indeed!

Didn't specify PS5 exclusive/console exclusive/timed exclusive. You may participate in a positive way instead of attacking people and derailing the thread. Thanks!

I was not derailing a thread goofball. I was calling you out that you did not properly do your research and your title says PS5 Exclusives. That's a lie. If it was titled PS5 Exclusives/Timed Exclusives then it would have not been. Learn how to take criticism and stop crying and own it up to yourself and rest of Neogaf instead of acting defensive because you are being called out.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
If they had showed the game, probably God of War.

Right now for me the cool looking games are Demon's Souls and Ghostwire Tokyo.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
God of War Ragnarok is number 1.

Kinda iffy on Ghostwire but put that on there as well, for the cool aesthetics. Returnal feels like a sleeperhit but what we have seen so far looks realy great and its pretty unique as a AAA roquelike.

Yeah Returnal looks intriguing, but from its gameplay it has Resogun vibes there:

I was not derailing a thread goofball. I was calling you out that you did not properly do your research and your title says PS5 Exclusives. That's a lie. If it was titled PS5 Exclusives/Timed Exclusives then it would have not been. Learn how to take criticism and stop crying and own it up to yourself and rest of Neogaf instead of acting defensive because you are being called out.

Added a disclaimer so you can calm your tits now.

If they had showed the game, probably God of War.

Right now for me the cool looking games are Demon's Souls and Ghostwire Tokyo.

Although Demon's Souls looks great, it's not my type of games. I might give it a try down the line.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Gran Turismo 7, that's it.

That one is at the very top of my list!

49995822378_5b19915beb_o.jpg

And some I captured from the video:

vlcsnap-2020-10-12-20h59m59s884.png

vlcsnap-2020-10-12-21h05m26s655.png

PooBone

I picked God of War but I’ll be playing that on my PS4. My actual answer is Silent Hill, if/when that happens.

Last edited:

Hunnybun

I like the look of Sackboy but not at £60. I'm hoping that with the relatively small selection of games it'll come to PS+ relatively soon.

On a related point, I was thinking the other day, of all the announced next gen games, if you could pick one to see a gameplay trailer of, which would it be?

There's just so many I'm intrigued by.

Returnal
Kena
Project Athia
Final Fantasy XVI
Gran Turismo 7
Horizon
God of War
Pragmata

I think it would have to be God of War, just because Horizon 2 is cross gen and so presumably not going to show the best of the system.

AV

On a related point, I was thinking the other day, of all the announced next gen games, if you could pick one to see a gameplay trailer of, which would it be?

Kena. I looks gorgeous but I really hope the actual game is engaging. I don't need much, just a cute little adventure game will suit me fine.

It would be God of War Ragnarok for me.

Horizon never really impressed me with its gameplay and I 100% trophies on the first one including dlc. Visually impressive but that's it, also knowing its also a ps4 game is not helping it.

Demons Souls and Ratchet and God of War for now. FF16 would have been #1 but its a game coming to PC and Xbox later down the line so.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
God of War and Horizon are my most anticipated games of next gen currently period, given the prior entries are the top two on my games of this generation list. Many others I’m interested in as well like Mikes Morales, Astro’s Playroom, Ratchet and Clank, GT7, FF16 etc.

I strongly doubt all those make it out the first year, but it’s still shaping up to be a way stronger first couple of years than we got for PS4 and Xbox One. I get that a lot of it is cross gen, but I’m fine with that. Game engines are scaleable these days so I don’t buy that having crossgen stuff holds graphics much and will be happy to play the next gen versions. Assuming I can find a PS5 and Series X anytime soon since I didn’t get preorders in!

Unknown?

They're exclusive for the first year. No one called GTA timed exclusive on PS2 or Bioshock/Mass Effect on 360. They're exclusive till they aren't.

Tschumi

Hey mate, awesome topic. Does Little Devil Inside not count?

Kena - for obvious reasons, a more high tech take on Zelda would be pretty special.
Gran Turismo 7 - always a chance for them to lay claim to the genre with every release.
Returnal - I've mentioned this a few times now, I think this is a sleeper hit waiting to happen - it may turn out to be the most technologically impressive release of this first year.

--

Little Devil Inside - I like the style, humor, gameplay, it looks pretty fun. It's Korean, too, which is pretty interesting to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kena - for obvious reasons, a more high tech take on Zelda would be pretty special.
Gran Turismo 7 - always a chance for them to lay claim to the genre with every release.
Returnal - I've mentioned this a few times now, I think this is a sleeper hit waiting to happen - it may turn out to be the most technologically impressive release of this first year.

--

Little Devil Inside - I like the style, humor, gameplay, it looks pretty fun. It's Korean, too, which is pretty interesting to me.

I forgot about Little Devil Inside. The game had a interesting history actually, it was originally a Kickstart game. I am not sure exactly what happened, but it was taking a while I think the game was originally coming to all platforms at some point, even old gen but then I think Sony either funded them or something along those lines. Very curious about this game and I like the style of it. I do want to play it. I'll have to dig in a bit deeper into its development history because now you got me curious.

Tschumi

I forgot about Little Devil Inside. The game had a interesting history actually, it was originally a Kickstart game. I am not sure exactly what happened, but it was taking a while I think the game was originally coming to all platforms at some point, even old gen but then I think Sony either funded them or something along those lines. Very curious about this game and I like the style of it. I do want to play it. I'll have to dig in a bit deeper into its development history because now you got me curious.
stoked to hear i've piqued your interest! as for what i know, or think i know, i believe it's headed for a 2021 release, and it might be a timed exclusive for ps5? it got a bit of controversy for some african tribesman caricatures in the reveal trailer, but i think they've had plenty of time to resolve that. anyway i still think the game looks like great fun... unsure on that timed exclusive guess, tho~

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It would be God of War Ragnarok for me.

Horizon never really impressed me with its gameplay and I 100% trophies on the first one including dlc. Visually impressive but that's it, also knowing its also a ps4 game is not helping it.

Demons Souls and Ratchet and God of War for now. FF16 would have been #1 but its a game coming to PC and Xbox later down the line so.

I was more impressed by the whole idea of Horizon, and reading the notes. It's a unique experience to me.

FFXVI and Returnal are dark horses, but surefire? Horizon, GOWR, DeSR, and our new Lord and Savior: Bugsnax.

Nice pick!

God of War and Horizon are my most anticipated games of next gen currently period, given the prior entries are the top two on my games of this generation list. Many others I’m interested in as well like Mikes Morales, Astro’s Playroom, Ratchet and Clank, GT7, FF16 etc.

I strongly doubt all those make it out the first year, but it’s still shaping up to be a way stronger first couple of years than we got for PS4 and Xbox One. I get that a lot of it is cross gen, but I’m fine with that. Game engines are scaleable these days so I don’t buy that having crossgen stuff holds graphics much and will be happy to play the next gen versions. Assuming I can find a PS5 and Series X anytime soon since I didn’t get preorders in!

Some engines need some time to mature and take the perks of PS5 into account, same like UE5. Even first party engines might not be doing their best yet. It's like how TLOU2 reached to a level beyond what the hardware suggests on PS4/Pro on a later date.

Overall, it's the most powerful launch imo, pretty diverse. PS4 was too dry at launch honestly.

Where is Jett: The Far Shore from Superbrothers?! My vote.

Sorry! Just added it.

--

Yeah I'm so interested in Little Devil Inside! I'll add it now, sorry. Kena looks wonderful, probably the best indie game!

Demon's Souls, God of War: Ragnarok and Final Fantasy 16 is the holy trinity of the first year of PS5-exclusives.

Great pick!

Bo_Hazem

Banned
stoked to hear i've piqued your interest! as for what i know, or think i know, i believe it's headed for a 2021 release, and it might be a timed exclusive for ps5? it got a bit of controversy for some african tribesman caricatures in the reveal trailer, but i think they've had plenty of time to resolve that. anyway i still think the game looks like great fun... unsure on that timed exclusive guess, tho~

Yes, it's been in development more than 5 years, here is a video of it in 2015:

Another gameplay months ago:

Bugsnax. I purchased although it was free. And whenever I get bored again, I'll buy another Bugsnax until next next gen.

It's free on PS Plus this month ;) Grab it now from the website!

Roufianos

In this order:

GoW: Ragnarok
Horizon II
R&C
Demon's Souls
Spiderman

Also kind of hyped for GT7, been itching to play a good racing game recently. Bet I won't even be able to make a turn though.

What a hell of a first year, even if there's a few delays. Can't understand people whining that this is a slow start to a gen.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Little Devil inside is not exclusive fellas. Last time I read about it, it was coming out on PS5 and PC on the same date, and later on the other platforms.

And yeah, that games looks really good to me.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I fully expect the first FUCK ME THIS IS NEXTGEN moment.
To be God of War Ragnarok.

God of War '18 is likely my game of the generation.
Santa Monica should be able to give us more of that lovelyness but with a totally amazing Gameplay loop to follow.

I know Horizon and Spiderman will be great but I kinda just went through both prequel titles so im not totally sold on needing more, Demon Souls with be graphically amazing but still Demon Souls(not a fan).

But God of War, assuming they dont make a third one quickly then Ragnarok will be a benchmark for a while.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
what a crap list, the only game that matters isn't on there
EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 6!!!!!!!!!!
ok and tokyo ghost wire

giphy.gif

Gran Turismo 7. I hope it's a return to form and focuses on collecting / tuning cars and completing events.

I really hope so. I skipped GT Sport for that very reason. I hope they return to their old great approach.

I fully expect the first FUCK ME THIS IS NEXTGEN moment.
To be God of War Ragnarok.

God of War '18 is likely my game of the generation.
Santa Monica should be able to give us more of that lovelyness but with a totally amazing Gameplay loop to follow.

I know Horizon and Spiderman will be great but I kinda just went through both prequel titles so im not totally sold on needing more, Demon Souls with be graphically amazing but still Demon Souls(not a fan).

But God of War, assuming they dont make a third one quickly then Ragnarok will be a benchmark for a while.

Yes, I think GOW:R gonna be mind-blowing! Maybe that's why they didn't show anything even when it has something ready according to some insiders.

TintoConCasera

Checked it and it's timed exclusive on PS4/PS5 and available on PC: (timestamped)

Thanks mate. I took my info from their kickstarter last update. It's obvious their main platform will be the PS5, but they state that "they'll make everything thats possible to release it on PC on the same day". One can only hope. ^^u

Top Bottom