• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs: Legion - Xbox Series X Inside Look

reksveks

re: the HDR comments, wouldn't it be a bit weird for WD:Legion not to have native HDR 'support' and therefore need the auto-hdr mapping?

Romulus

I'm guessing the reason they didn't do that is because they couldn't keep 60 even at 1440p and 1080p was too blurry for them. Otherwise I'm sure they would've done it, for peeps like yourself who could gaf about spatial resolution.

At least give us the option. Most people have less than 40 inch TVs, and you're not going to see hardly any difference there in resolution.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I've only done 5 or 6 main missions and it's less about the characters and more about the events that are happening and the main baddies of the story. The very first mission actually hits pretty hard compared to WD2 and I thought it was done extremely well.

Right now though I've spent more time recruiting and messing around the city. I spent a whole hour on the football minigame already. I loved WD2 and this one is really good so far, but it's also different enough to not feel too much the same.
Download will probably take around same time as Karak Karak review, so I am downloading it while cooking my dinner.

inb4 Consoome

iJudged

Banned
ngl, didnt expect this game to look this good, this is fantastic, @4k no less with all that RT? impressed

Pagusas

Elden Member
Huh, why is this game has looked ugly as hell to me in all the other media, but this actually looks really nice.

Tj23zp6.png

XpaJifH.png

JnatJhQ.png

That RT though

Just watched it again on my 65 inch TV this doesn't look clean atall , like a native 4k image is this YouTube compression or the game is upscaled

I’d expect a performance mode on both consoles post launch, maybe before Christmas. They want to push RT on console for marketing.

Last edited:

Dlacy13g

I wish they would actually do a side by side comparison on this stuff... show everyone what they are missing in a real comparison.

itsnotme

watching it in 4K on my 4K monitor, this does looks upscaled. I can see the shimmering line edges.
But the RT is mad smooth.
Yeah I thought the same but the people will think upscaling is a bad thing, it's nice seeing AAA open world games running smoothly with Ray tracing

cucuchu

Having a blast playing this on PC. Its got that typical Ubi-jank but its a lot of fun.

Per the graphics, its hit or miss. At night when you can really take in all the raytracing, its damn beautiful.

chilichote

never heard of this FUD b4, didn't they just say it's full RDNA2 yesterday? IDK wtf is happening, all i know shit looks good.
This is not necessarily FUD... the scheme for the Series X shader unit and what AMD showed as the RDNA2 shader unit is different.

SilentUser

Watched on a 4K TV and something seems off. Most likely is the Youtube quality, even though I watched using the 4K option, of course.

Or maybe I was expecting more. Should've know better, I guess.

Rikkori

Looks good, about on-par with what a 2060 can do. The game can run surprisingly well even on weaker hardware, eg I can do 30 fps @ 1800p with a nice mix of settings and even ultra textures + hd pack, on an RX 480, which is basically a slower GPU than the one in the One X.

I think if this game wasn't so knee-capped by CPU performance (due to the devs' fault) you could've definitely had a 60 fps mode because the Series X GPU can handle it. But as it stands even on PC with a 10900K @ 5.3 Ghz you're not promised a locked 60 so it was never going to happen for consoles.

:messenger_sleeping:

Top Bottom