• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs: Legion - Xbox Series X Inside Look

shaddam

Somebody test this on next gen

ezgif-3-bf91d0755b7e.gif

THEAP99

Banned
I think it's just PR talk so they didn't copy and paste the same thing.
God. it's the same thing with their descriptions of AC Valhalla. THey refer to series x as "full 4k resolution" and then call the ps5 version "detailed 4k" like wtf. Shit is annoying

Certinty

Thank God because I am truly astonished how bad this game looks on the One X. Don’t even want to imagine what it looks like on the base console.

All_Might

To all my Xbox peeps.
Here you go, nearly 20 minutes of Xbox Series X gameplay. I think this is under NDA still, but somehow he uploaded it. Check it out before it´s taken down. Don´t know if it´s legit though.

EDIT:
I didn´t want to start a new thread for this, feel free to start one if you think this is legit and important enough :D

Last edited:

To all my Xbox peeps.
Here you go, nearly 20 minutes of Xbox Series X gameplay. I think this is under NDA still, but somehow he uploaded it. Check it out before it´s taken down. Don´t know if it´s legit though.

EDIT:
I didn´t want to start a new thread for this, feel free to start one if you think this is legit and important enough :D

This isn't the next gen patch version. Tom Warren confirmed that Series X owners don't have the patch available yet, so it runs looking just like it would on One X.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stuart360

To all my Xbox peeps.

EDIT:

Pretty sure it was confirmed the XSX patch wont be released until the console launch

EDIT. Beaten to it lol.

Last edited:

All_Might

This isn't the next gen patch version. Tom Warren confirmed that Series X owners don't have the patch available yet, so it runs looking just like it would on One X.
Ah okay, thought it was next gen gameplay as it looked pretty good.

JackMcGunns

the resolution of the RT reflections seem to be dialed back a bit on some surfaces from the higher PC settings, which was to be expected, the PC version is crazy with its RT reflections

The RT reflections look pretty damn good. 4K and RT on a console was said to not be possible. Series X be flexing! I don't think it's possible to build a $500 PC with that form factor and quiteness and be able to achieve 4K with RT at a playable framerate.

To all my Xbox peeps.

EDIT:

Dayumnn, that's without a SeriesX patch?!, still looks off the hook so fresh and clean 🙉.

makaveli60

I said in the main topic, it's one of the best looking open world games with perhaps the most detailed city ever. You can hate the game for different reasons, I also hate the propaganda, but this is objectively true. Unfortunately on PS4 it tears a lot and the IQ is bad so I put it away, waiting for my PS5 to experience it as it was intended. I hope it will be similar to this footage as it looked awesome.

Reindeer

But but NX Gamer said we haven't seen ray tracing on Series X, even though we've seen it do path tracing in Minecraft way back.

Reindeer

No he said the api was in such rough shape as the soup nazi said no ray tracing for you lol.
it's in such bad shape that games are launching with it with ray tracing and superior visual settings. It was a baffling statement to say the least.

Proelite

I think Nick930 is a good alternative, he does some of the best comparisons. Maybe not as technical as DF or NX Gamer, but it's simple and straight to the point.

I like VG Tech the best since they give the info in their description.

NX Gamer's vids are going to be 99% spin next gen. Or focused solely on DualSense implementation.

Last edited:

Rikkori

I said in the main topic, it's one of the best looking open world games with perhaps the most detailed city ever. You can hate the game for different reasons, I also hate the propaganda, but this is objectively true. Unfortunately on PS4 it tears a lot and the IQ is bad so I put it away, waiting for my PS5 to experience it as it was intended. I hope it will be similar to this footage as it looked awesome.

Yes, this is a true 4K game. The quality of textures and overall geometry is perhaps the best yet in an open world game. It looks incredible on a 4K screen with the HD texture pack.

Banned
I like VG Tech the best since they give the info in their description.

NX Gamer's vids are going to be 99% spin next gen. Or focused solely on DualSense implementation.

VG tech is a nice source if you want clean and straight info if you want to decide which version you wanna go with.
you see the video to look at the performance. and you look in the pinned commend for details to the graphics settings.

but I like videos like NXGamer's and Digital Foundry's for the mire detailed tech stuff because I like that sorta thing.
but honestly nowadays the retro focused videos are more interesting since nowadays there are less surprising games than there used to be.
like the surprisingly competent 3D games like Asterix & Obelix on GBA, stuff like that.

makaveli60

you are also watching it on youtube... even if it was native 4k you would see artifacting
Yeah youtube insanely downgrades the videos. And capture device and technique is also important. But the main problem is youtube. Honestly, I always felt that the resolution options are like a lie there. 1080p videos on my 49" TV look like vomit. 1080p videos only look decent on a phone screen.

Proelite

Locked 30 with RT at 1440p+ is comparable to RTX 3070 / RTX 2080 TI perf.

4K locked 30 would be 3090 level, so that's not gonna happen.

5-2-3.jpg.webp

Banned
Locked 30 with RT at 1440p+ is comparable to RTX 3070 / RTX 2080 TI perf.

4K locked 30 would be 3090 level, so that's not gonna happen.

5-2-3.jpg.webp

you are giving Ultra settings data. not only the general rasterization settings will be lower on console but also the raytracing settings will most likely not be maxed.

so using PC ultra numbers is completely useless as a comparison

more balanced settings, likely lowered shadow detail, maybe slightly reduced draw distance and lower lod settings would be way more representative

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
According to Alex from Digital Foundry, it is dynamic 4k:

ElnBHT7XEAsFJ0Y

ElnIPpBW0AAOD0s

Last edited:

Proelite

you are giving Ultra settings data. not only the general rasterization settings will be lower on console but also the raytracing settings will most likely not be maxed.

so using PC ultra numbers is completely useless as a comparison

I understand, but from the benches it doesn't seem like RT settings have much separation between them.

As for general rasterization settings, I think Xsx will be at ultra / beyond on lot of these cross gen games. i.e. Gears 5. The 1X already runs the same games at medium / high settings at near 4k.

Last edited:

Banned
I understand, but from the benches it doesn't seem like RT settings have much separation between them.

As for general rasterization settings, I think Xsx will be at ultra / beyond on lot of these cross gen games. i.e. Gears 5. The 1X already runs the same games at medium / high settings.

well you can't generalize that. Ultra settings is not a fixed metric. some developers put in settings that are deliberately super high and way above anything any current hardware can handle smoothly.

others run at 4k ultra on a GTX1070

these are two extremes of course but the is a lot of variation in between is the point

Last edited:

Banned
The truth has began to spread, 1440p not True 4K due to RTX but Ps5 is running Spidey Full 4K with better RTX ON TOP.

Watch Dogs seems to have better RT than Spider-Man, we need to see it in more detail (both in fact) but at first glance, the RT implementation of Watch Dogs looks way more sophisticated

also RTX is a trademarked name for specifically Nvidia GPUs, it's not a term for general raytracing.

Last edited:

Dibils2k

1440p? really? no thank you, please give me 4k/60 with no RT

honestly couldnt care less about reflections RT (global illumination RT is a separate discussion)

It actually looks pretty impressive.
I'm not that into Watch Dogs, but Im guessing this game is going to be the first big PS5 vs XSX comparison game?

Chukhopops

I guess that explains why some effects look so bad in the base version (water, lighting): the game seems to be built with RT in mind from the beginning.

Might be worth waiting a couple days / weeks to play the next gen version as the difference is huge (at least compared to 1X).

Banned
1440p? really? no thank you, please give me 4k/60 with no RT

honestly couldnt care less about reflections RT (global illumination RT is a separate discussion)

it has both, but the reflections are absolutely the star in a game that is set in a city full of giant reflective surfaces

Top Bottom