• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGTech: Metro Exodus PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S

I'm sure you agree that you were very out of order with this. No need to be so disrespectful and ignorant of their efforts.
I'm sure this level of ignorance is part of the reason why we no longer see as many experts post around here nowadays.
Im Watching You GIF

Very lazy ban bait :messenger_winking:

Can't see how anyone saying something like that, or even believing it, actually encourages industry folk to stick around. It's pretty insulting.
It's only insulting if you interpret it in the worst possible way in order to try to bait a ban. What he said totally makes sense, they rightfully had other priorities than rewriting the entire geometry pipeline. No big deal.

Three

Gold Member
Much less? The XSS has features more expensive consoles lack.
ezgif-1-a2f3d36525cf.gif

I'm sorry but for games the Series S isn't that great and I don't understand why you always have to try and defend it. It is what it is a low power device sold for $100 less or whatever. Don't try and make it out like it's better though. I'm sure I don't need to point out which is the Xbox Series S image in the gif above.

Last edited:
ezgif-1-a2f3d36525cf.gif

I'm sorry but for games the Series S isn't that great and I don't understand why you always have to try and defend it. It is what it is a low power device sold for $100 less or whatever. Don't try and make it out like it's better though. I'm sure I don't need to point out which is the Xbox Series S image in the gif above.
It's the one running RTGI at 60 fps :messenger_beaming:

dcmk7

Banned
It's only insulting if you interpret it in the worst possible way in order to try to bait a ban. What he said totally makes sense, they rightfully had other priorities than rewriting the entire geometry pipeline. No big deal.
It's very clear cut.

I get that you want to defend your warrior bro but defending this level of ignorance is also part of the problem.

dcmk7

Banned
Yeah I know what you mean now, but you picked XSX max resolution in the Taiga level and compared it to XSS min resolution there. Sketchy. The 3x or so is the true difference.
Would say it's more between 4 - 6 times.

XSX drops to 1296p on that level.

Rewatching it again now, XSS version is extremely blurry pretty much everywhere and that pop-in is super distracting too.

Doesn't look good.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
It's like talking to a brick wall with this guy trust me, he's as dull as dishwater.
Listen who talked. Good Lord. With what face you can said that 😅 all the spins you did yesterday with me to downplay the Vgtech reliability over DF . Unbelievable. I'm too lazy to repost the whole conversation but the level of absurdity you claimed, pure comedy gold standard.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Another win for team green.
Another useful post with deep argumentation. The last two comparison resized the resolution difference claimed by DF, still they can't resist to say to have "won". Seems the average mental age here is ten years.
594p it's a win win to save 100 bucks in the machine, but save the same money for 23% less pixels it's a lose for ps5.
Frustrated Emperors New Groove GIF

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Many are offended by its existence. At least you bought one and tried it before rendering a verdict on it. It's not for everyone but it is an undeniable value. You definitely get what you pay for.

Exactly, you get what you pay for. If you are playing on a 1080p monitor or a 1440p monitor, it’s a good option. Which is why a lot of people with XSS seem to play on theirs desks… It’s not the best bang for the buck in terms of tech, it’s simply the least expensive option, that’s the trade off.

But I can buy a 49’ 4K tv for less that 400$, and 4K TVs dominate the sales. For anybody who had a 4K TV and is coming from a X1X, a last gen console, it’s a downgrade in terms of picture quality, and that’s just a fact. It’s not just the resolution, as seen by Metro, other graphical settings take a hit too, so it’s not even the linear resolution adjustment that was promised pre release when compared to other options.

If MS launched an XBSX DE and matched the PS5DE, the SS would be terrible value for somebody who wanted an Xbox, so really its value is highly debatable. 512GB for storage, as soon as you upgrade the storage the value proposition is dead.

Cheaper does not mean higher value, it just means lower barrier to entry. And there’s nothing impressive about it technology wise, because it’s just a cut back version of another console, it’s not doing anything different.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Exactly, you get what you pay for. If you are playing on a 1080p monitor or a 1440p monitor, it’s a good option. Which is why a lot of people with XSS seem to play on theirs desks… It’s not the best bang for the buck in terms of tech, it’s simply the least expensive option, that’s the trade off.

But I can buy a 49’ 4K tv for less that 400$, and 4K TVs dominate the sales. For anybody who had a 4K TV and is coming from a X1X, a last gen console, it’s a downgrade in terms of picture quality, and that’s just a fact. It’s not just the resolution, as seen by Metro, other graphical settings take a hit too, so it’s not even the linear resolution adjustment that was promised pre release when compared to other options.

If MS launched an XBSX DE and matched the PS5DE, the SS would be terrible value for somebody who wanted an Xbox, so really its value is highly debatable. 512GB for storage, as soon as you upgrade the storage the value proposition is dead.

Cheaper does not mean higher value, it just means lower barrier to entry. And there’s nothing impressive about it technology wise, because it’s just a cut back version of another console, it’s not doing anything different.
XBSX DE would been prohibitive at launch. Aside to make the awful 499 and 599 price point for the two skus. The more CUs and the bandwidth already raised the SOC cost around 70 of more bucks compared the ps5. It's clear ps5 was projected already with in mind a sku priced at 399. Not surely the new Xbox.

Last edited:
But I can buy a 49’ 4K tv for less that 400$, and 4K TVs dominate the sales.

Must be true for where you live.

In my country, Sony just launched a 720p tv and is charging $500 for it.

Sure, you can get 4k displays for that much from cheap, knock off brands like Mi.

But if you want a Bravia, LG or Samsung, they start from $1000.

just wanna pop in say that the p5 game of metro , is one of the sharpest looking games I've played(no shit , soft?? pahhhhhh hahahhahaha) , and staggered at how buttery the rates stay , even with storm , multiple lights and enemies...

Would say it's more between 4 - 6 times.

XSX drops to 1296p on that level.

Rewatching it again now, XSS version is extremely blurry pretty much everywhere and that pop-in is super distracting too.

Doesn't look good.
No, the XSX drops to 1080p in that level, according to Alex. That's why 3x is much closer. And the VG Tech numbers confirm that. No need to exaggerate.

All this wall of text, just because you are upset about the studios prediction.

Why don't you write all that and send it to the studios Twitter page and see what they say. Instead you just troll and derail thread after thread with your ranting. Talking about building PCs, X1X, Gears 5, SFS. Who even mentioned any of those? No one.

I'm sure they didn't want to make the XSS version as blurry as they did or have the worse pop-in I have personally seen since Pokémon Sword and Shield on the Nintendo Switch. So I'm sure they have done their best.

Having to reduce the resolution down to levels that are found on portable consoles probably isn't what they originally set out to do. Which goes someway of demonstrating the console being problematic for them in the future, when their games get even more complicated.

This is just sad. Not sure how you can managed twist this:

I'm full of praise to these guys, but let's remind ourselves what you had to say about them.

I'm sure you agree that you were very out of order with this. No need to be so disrespectful and ignorant of their efforts.
I'm sure this level of ignorance is part of the reason why we no longer see as many experts post around here nowadays.

They did the best they can do. But if anyone wanted to play a version without any distracting pop-in they can get a better, crisper experience on a console not much more expensive fortunately.

Which happens to be the best performance / price out of the bunch. With the PS5 DE. With its much bigger harddrive, it's a great choice.

And it's good to have choices.
You wrote all that text and didn't answer my questions. It's clear you don't know anything about the XSS and don't plan to buy one and that's perfectly fine I don't plan to buy it either. I also don't need to lie about the platform or make up crap about other people for that matter.

The console does things for $300 no other console can. You leave out the features of the device because it goes against your lame narrative. It has features more expensive consoles lack and this particular game looks great for the price you pay.

I kept this topic about this game, you keep making comparisons to PS5 DE. It still lacks the same value proposition. Like I said you can buy both this game AND the XSS AND months of Game Pass to boot for the same price. Of course that also assumes PS5 DEs are in stock. It's a lame comparison.

You and your friends continue to hold the inexpensive XSS to some unreasonable standards requiring 1440p at all times, raytracing at all times, and zero compromises yet the more expensive platforms have compromises and missing visual features for a higher price. You are silent on those though. The XSS is a low resolution budget console you aren't making any news pointing out games run at lower resolution but maintaining raytracing and 60 fps. Name a portable console doing that. Another lame comparison.

On top of that you are making to making the ridiculous assertion that the XSS will struggle in the future unlike every other gaming console ever that got better as developers learn the hardware. Again the XSS is held to a double standard. PS4 got better with time, X1 got better with time. Even the Sega Saturn got better with time. Yet the XSS is the first platform ever created to get worse? Haha you are a pretty funny man. Let see how Flight Simulator runs and we can talk about struggling or not.

dcmk7

Banned
No, the XSX drops to 1080p in that level, according to Alex. That's why 3x is much closer. And the VG Tech numbers confirm that. No need to exaggerate.
Will need to rewatch, to confirm that.

But remember his saying that whole level seems to play around 512~ both in and out of combat. Even just scanning around the scenery, image quality shocked him.

Seeing how XSX only drops to the lowest number in combat.

To think it's just 3x less is very wishful thinking in the main. 4-6 times is more appropriate.

But remember his saying that whole level seems to play around 512~ both in and out of combat. Even just scanning around the scenery, image quality shocked him.
If you're talking about his Series X/S video, he never said that. He says it's not hard to find it running at 512p in Taiga, but that's also the region where XSX and PS5 drop up to their lowest resolutions. He also didn't seem shocked, he just said it's blurry.
To think it's just 3x less is very wishful thinking in the main. 4-6 times is more appropriate.
Not from all the evidence we've seen. It's 3x.

dcmk7

Banned
You wrote all that text and didn't answer my questions. It's clear you don't know anything about the XSS and don't plan to buy one and that's perfectly fine I don't plan to buy it either. I also don't need to lie about the platform or make up crap about other people for that matter.

The console does things for $300 no other console can. You leave out the features of the device because it goes against your lame narrative. It has features more expensive consoles lack and this particular game looks great for the price you pay.

I kept this topic about this game, you keep making comparisons to PS5 DE. It still lacks the same value proposition. Like I said you can buy both this game AND the XSS AND months of Game Pass to boot for the same price. Of course that also assumes PS5 DEs are in stock. It's a lame comparison.

You and your friends continue to hold the inexpensive XSS to some unreasonable standards requiring 1440p at all times, raytracing at all times, and zero compromises yet the more expensive platforms have compromises and missing visual features for a higher price. You are silent on those though. The XSS is a low resolution budget console you aren't making any news pointing out games run at lower resolution but maintaining raytracing and 60 fps. Name a portable console doing that. Another lame comparison.

On top of that you are making to making the ridiculous assertion that the XSS will struggle in the future unlike every other gaming console ever that got better as developers learn the hardware. Again the XSS is held to a double standard. PS4 got better with time, X1 got better with time. Even the Sega Saturn got better with time. Yet the XSS is the first platform ever created to get worse? Haha you are a pretty funny man. Let see how Flight Simulator runs and we can talk about struggling or not.

"You wrote all that text and didn't answer my questions"

Questions that aren't related to anything in this topic? Because I can't build a PC for as much means what exactly? That the technical limitations all disappear? That developers are wrong?
Does it improve the resolution from lows of 512p. Or reduce the games pop-in? No, it doesn't mean anything.

Lows of 500,000~ pixels doesn't suddendly become impressive.

You're still getting a worse game than the other next gen consoles.

Performance / price of PS5 DE totally proves that. With bigger and better hard drive too.

So quit derailing the thread again.

We all know you like your Series S. Cool.

On top of that you are making to making the ridiculous assertion that the XSS will struggle in the future unlike every other gaming console ever that got better as developers learn the hardware.
Can you find me where I said this? If not, stop lying AGAIN. A lot of people are tired with your lies and bullshit.

This studio made that prediction. Based on this titles performance, well, they might have a point.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
If you're talking about his Series X/S video, he never said that. He says it's not hard to find it running at 512p in Taiga, but that's also the region where XSX and PS5 drop up to their lowest resolutions. He also didn't seem shocked, he just said it's blurry.

Not from all the evidence we've seen. It's 3x.
Inside and outside it's ~500. Even scanning environment.

XSX only drops to it's lows in combat. Comparing their minimum resolutions is sketchy.

Considering one stays at that low a greater deal of time than the other. Widening the gap substantially.

Inside and outside it's ~500. Even scanning environment.
Where does he say this? And where does he say that it's not like this on XSX/PS5?
XSX only drops to it's lows in combat. Comparing their minimum resolutions is sketchy.
Same question as above.
Considering one stays at that low a greater deal of time than the other. Widening the gap substantially.
Nah.

Riky

$MSFT
"Xbox Series S uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being approximately 1621x912 and the lowest resolution found being approximately 1056x594. Pixel counts at 1056x594 seem to be rare on Xbox Series S."

It's in the opening post, 594p is Rare, just like sub 1080p on PS5.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

I dont know man. I watched the DF video on my 1080p monitor and those 512p segments looked pretty blurry even on the higher bitrate 4k feed. I gotta wonder just how many people here are PC gamers because even 720p on a 1080p monitor is a no go. Especially since you sit so close to the screen.

I have been gaming on PCs since 1997. I have gamed on CRTs. 720p LCD screens. 1080p monitors. and now I have a 1440p 165Hz monitor. I literally cannot play the game below 1080p on that screen without getting insane shimmering and Vaseline covered image. Even 1080p looks really blurry. On monitors, you pretty much have to run games at native res and reduce the visual settings to save on performance or its going to be a jaggie mess.

dcmk7

Banned
I dont know man. I watched the DF video on my 1080p monitor and those 512p segments looked pretty blurry even on the higher bitrate 4k feed. I gotta wonder just how many people here are PC gamers because even 720p on a 1080p monitor is a no go. Especially since you sit so close to the screen.

I have been gaming on PCs since 1997. I have gamed on CRTs. 720p LCD screens. 1080p monitors. and now I have a 1440p 165Hz monitor. I literally cannot play the game below 1080p on that screen without getting insane shimmering and Vaseline covered image. Even 1080p looks really blurry. On monitors, you pretty much have to run games at native res and reduce the visual settings to save on performance or its going to be a jaggie mess.
I think it's going to be a no go for most people from here.

It's compromising a lot for the 60fps. Wonder why they didn't reduce it down to 30fps and bumped the IQ up.

The gaps between it and the XSX in pixel count are crazy in places.

No one said it would have a linear graphical progression and no one said resolution would be the only difference. They promised the same feature set and it has exactly that. Quick resume? Check. Fps boost? Check. Same CPU and SSD? Check. It absolutely is the best bang for the buck in terms of tech because you can't get a higher performing device for less money or even the same. It's more than just the GPU. Plus you get the box AND games for the price of just the device elsewhere. This game is actually testament to how well the system was designed. No one thought a 4TF GPU could handle raytracing. It's not just cheaper and it absolutely has the best value. It's not even close.

XBSX DE would been prohibitive at launch. Aside to make the awful 499 and 599 price point for the two skus. The more CUs and the bandwidth already raised the SOC cost around 70 of more bucks compared the ps5. It's clear ps5 was projected already with in mind a sku priced at 399. Not surely the new Xbox.
I agree. The XSS was projected at the low end of the pricing scale, not the XSX that's part of the reason they went bigger on its GPU. People also don't consider how much more a XSX SOC cooling solution would cost regardless of it having a blu-ray drive. The XSX SOC also has a higher failure rate in production. MS knew what they were doing with their console design choices. It would be in dumping territory if they sold the XSX DE for $400. Since all games on Xbox hit PC too and since MS has their GDK to handle game scaling an all digital XSX is unnecessary.

What resolution monitors do you recommend for all 3 consoles for sharpest image?

SlimySnake

I think it's going to be a no go for most people from here.

It's compromising a lot for the 60fps. Wonder why they didn't reduce it down to 30fps and bumped the IQ up.

The gaps between it and the XSX in pixel count are crazy in places.
I wondered that in the other thread. If they drop the resolution by half, they will only get 2x the pixels. So you are looking at a 720p-768p 30 fps image. Neither is ideal. At least this way, they can say their target is 1080p 60 fps even if they almost never hit it.

And yes, the gap is 6x instead of the 3x the tflops suggest. That is not good. One thing everyone said about the XSS that at the very least it will scale down in linear fashion. Well, we are not seeing this. I am worried about UE5 games on medium Lumens settings, PS5 and XSX hit 1440p 30 fps. On high Lumens settings when they use the RT hardware to accelerate the realtime GI lighting, that target goes to 1080p 30 fps. 1/6th of that is 333k pixels. I dont even know what that is. 360p ? 480p?

Even if they use medium quality Lumens lighting in the XSS versions, you are looking at a sub 720p game if those 1/6th comparisons hold going forward.

Then there is another issue of the xbox GDK being somewhat abused by the devs. NX gamer mentioned how the Xbox One S version of Cyberpunk runs the same crowd and LOD settings as the XSX,X1X and XSX versions. Probably because its far easier to just make one version of the game and have MS's amazing GDK automatically port it to other platforms. I have no doubt that good devs like Rockstar who made fantastic PS4, X1S and especially X1X ports of RDR2 wont just phone it in like CD Project did, but Activision, EA and Ubisoft? eh. Even 'good' devs offering free upgrades like 4A games just lowered the resolution to an insanely low amount instead of trying to optimize it around the xss's specs. So all of a sudden, the one great thing MS did to help devs port their games across the xbox family now becomes something that might hold back the xss.

dcmk7

Banned
It absolutely is the best bang for the buck in terms of tech because you can't get a higher performing device for less money or even the same.
You don't have a clue what 'bang for buck' is do you?

Tell me how a 10 TF console for $70 more, is worse bang for buck than a 4TF? With a small hard drive.

Since you're basing this JUST on tech. Should be an easier one, especially since it's not even close according to you.

Man, your level of delusion does lead you to write quite a lot of embarrassing posts and nonsense. Wow.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
I wondered that in the other thread. If they drop the resolution by half, they will only get 2x the pixels. So you are looking at a 720p-768p 30 fps image. Neither is ideal. At least this way, they can say their target is 1080p 60 fps even if they almost never hit it.

And yes, the gap is 6x instead of the 3x the tflops suggest. That is not good. One thing everyone said about the XSS that at the very least it will scale down in linear fashion. Well, we are not seeing this. I am worried about UE5 games on medium Lumens settings, PS5 and XSX hit 1440p 30 fps. On high Lumens settings when they use the RT hardware to accelerate the realtime GI lighting, that target goes to 1080p 30 fps. 1/6th of that is 333k pixels. I dont even know what that is. 360p ? 480p?

Even if they use medium quality Lumens lighting in the XSS versions, you are looking at a sub 720p game if those 1/6th comparisons hold going forward.

Then there is another issue of the xbox GDK being somewhat abused by the devs. NX gamer mentioned how the Xbox One S version of Cyberpunk runs the same crowd and LOD settings as the XSX,X1X and XSX versions. Probably because its far easier to just make one version of the game and have MS's amazing GDK automatically port it to other platforms. I have no doubt that good devs like Rockstar who made fantastic PS4, X1S and especially X1X ports of RDR2 wont just phone it in like CD Project did, but Activision, EA and Ubisoft? eh. Even 'good' devs offering free upgrades like 4A games just lowered the resolution to an insanely low amount instead of trying to optimize it around the xss's specs. So all of a sudden, the one great thing MS did to help devs port their games across the xbox family now becomes something that might hold back the xss.
Appreciate the thought you put into your post.

I'm a bit unsure myself why people seem to believe it's just a 3x increase in pixels with the XSX. It's far more than that, guess just they are just overly defensive.

I do wonder about the unified GDK I'm assuming there is quite a lot of ways to target individual platforms to adjust LOD stuff explicitly.

The XSS would be the one who suffers the most if that's not the case or if that feature in the GDK is under utilised.

Guess have to see as games get more complex.

yurinka

So slightly worse native resolution during very rare drops (mostly unnoticiable due to temporal reconstruction) vs slightly worse fps stability during very rare drops. Seems pretty tied, and something nobody will notice outside the ones looking at both fps graphs and pixel count results. Nothing to worry about on both versions.

XSS instead performing way worse as expected.

Last edited:
You don't have a clue what 'bang for buck' is do you?

Tell me how a 10 TF console for $70 more, is worse bang for buck than a 4TF? With a small hard drive.

Since you're basing this JUST on tech. Should be an easier one, especially since it's not even close.

Man, your level of delusion does lead you to write quite a lot of embarrassing posts and nonsense. Wow.
You clearly don't know what bang for buck is because $400 gets you a console AND games that had same features as more expensive devices vs just the console with nothing. You are getting more for your money. Delusion is talking about a customer going into the store and asking about Teraflops. But it is fun to watch you display your ignorance.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
You clearly don't know what bang for buck is because $300 gets you a console AND games that had same features as more expensive devices vs just the console with nothing. You are getting more for your money. Delusion is talking about a customer going into the store and asking about Teraflops. But it is fun to watch you display your ignorance.
Getting more for your money? You scoped your argument to JUST the tech.

6 more TF
Better and bigger hard drive.
4k gaming.

For $70 more.

But because another console is cheaper.. and can afford a game with it (how is that JUST tech btw) the cheaper console is the better value for money?

I think most people would agree, that to get 150% more terraflops for $70 dollars more is better bang for buck. But most people aren't deluded like you.

And that's before we even delve into actually gameplay performance. Where XSS has stuff deliberately cut out of the native game in order to spare it's blushes.

Delusion is talking about a customer going into the store and asking about Teraflops.
Weird sentence, since you're the one trying and failing to prove that it's the best bang for buck on a technical level. Terraflops are part of the technical specs, unless you don't know what that means either.

Last edited:
What resolution monitors do you recommend for all 3 consoles for sharpest image?

From my experience a 27inch 4K monitor does a great job with my consoles. And I'm talking about last gen systems like the Pro and the One X. With these next gen systems the experience should be even better. The only thing I'm really missing is HDR but I don't know how big of a deal it is since I've never seen it.

Edit: I did watch some native capture of Demon Souls on it and it looks great. No issue with a blurry image or anything even with the 60FPs mode. Also Miles Morales looks really great on it as well plus Ratchet looks excellent. All native captures BTW.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Appreciate the thought you put into your post.

I'm a bit unsure myself why people seem to believe it's just a 3x increase in pixels with the XSX. It's far more than that, guess just they are just overly defensive.

I do wonder about the unified GDK I'm assuming there is quite a lot of ways to target individual platforms to adjust LOD stuff explicitly.

The XSS would be the one who suffers the most if that's not the case or if that feature in the GDK is under utilised.

Guess have to see as games get more complex.
The thing is that they 4A games did adjust (downgrade) several settings as shown above in gif form. The draw distance, LODs and other stuff is lower quality. Probably closer to PC low settings, but those are very easy things to adjust. I am talking about optimizations Insomniac added in Performance RT modes of Spiderman Miles and Ratchet. Especially Miles because they changed a lot of stuff in ray traced reflections like the draw distance within the reflections, how far NPCs have to go before they are removed from the BVH structure, and several other minor things that you wont notice as you are flying around. They couldve just stopped at halving the resolution of the RT reflections but they didnt. I just dont see third party devs do this. They will lower the resolution. Use medium settings if XSX is using high or low settings if XSX and PS5 are using medium like they are in this game, and call it a day.

Hopefully, in their next game, they can add some more optimizations to create an RT bounce solution that isnt so heavy on RT performance. Fewer bounce lights like they had in the original Metro exodus or even a software GI solution like Lumens. And hopefully, the xss can use that instead.

Thirty7ven

Banned

Spending money on a next gen system and then get a blurry image for it in most games is such a no go for me. And it seems like the vast majority of the people in this forum play on 4k Tvs, which makes the XSS a shit sandwich for that kind of setup. Blurry image with other graphics settings turned down, at the start of a gen that should last for the next 8 years? I don't see how that can be considered impressive. It's the kind of cheap that gets more expensive as time goes by.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

From my experience a 27inch 4K monitor does a great job with my consoles. And I'm talking about last gen systems like the Pro and the One X. With these next gen systems the experience should be even better. The only thing I'm really missing is HDR but I don't know how big of a deal it is since I've never seen it.

Edit: I did watch some native capture of Demon Souls on it and it looks great. No issue with a blurry image or anything even with the 60FPs mode. Also Miles Morales looks really great on it as well plus Ratchet looks excellent. All native captures BTW.
HDR is a scam. lol. You arent missing anything.

6 more TF
4k gaming.

For $70 more.

But because another console is cheaper.. and can afford a game with it (how is that JUST tech btw) the cheaper console is the better value for money?

I think most people would agree, that to get 150% more terraflops for $70 dollars more is better bang for buck. But most people aren't deluded like you.

Weird sentence, since you're the one trying and failing to prove that it's the best bang for buck on a technical level. Terraflops are part of the technical specs, unless you don't know what that means either.
I did the tflops per dollar count back when the xss came out.

XSX - $500/12 tflops = $41 per tflop
PS5 - $500/10 tflops = $50 per tflop
PS5 DE - $400/10 tflops = $40 per tflop
XSS - $300/4 tflops = $75 per tflop

When it comes to value, XSX has the best value if you look at both tflops and harddrive space. PS5 DE has the best value if you look at just tflops. XSS is many things and it might just be a good first console for your kids..... My son said Zelda BoTW looked better than Horizon Forbidden West. (Dont worry i have since disowned him) But getting more for your money? eh. MS killed it with the XSX and they shouldve just had an 8 tflops DE console for $399 instead. $50 per tflops just like the PS5 physical edition with bigger storage space.

6 more TF
4k gaming.

For $70 more.

And that's before we even delve into actually gameplay performance. Where XSS has stuff deliberately cut out of the native game in order to spare it's blushes.

The system has the same technology as the more expensive consoles. Maybe all this time you didn't realize that. Same SSD tech, same Zen 2 CPU, same raytracing capabilities. The fact that it has less teraflops is meaningless especially when someone it trying to save some money. A person buying an XSS won't care about bushes dude they care they are getting the same experience as someone who is paying more. You wouldn't even know unless you are playing both side by side. Hence the XSS provides the best bang for your buck. No other console offers more for less or even the same. It is a fact. You arguing against that shows how silly you are. Perhaps you could offer to pay the difference since you are pushing the more expensive device that has fewer features. 😉

Top Bottom