• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGT] Resident Evil Village DEMO: PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Comparison

Schmick

The lack of this meme is quite surprising, it appeared on every head to head when PS5 won by a single frame difference or a cutscene difference with identical gameplay

200.gif

Oh wait, never mind, the Series X has the slight advantage this time lol. The level of hypocrisy from people complaining about Xbox fans behavior is palatable
I've been reading through this thread and been thinking the exact same thing.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
No way the loading is 6 seconds on xbox is it? I didn't notice at all. Felt like 2 to 3 seconds. Ps5 is fast as fuck, you don't even get to see the type writer! Amazing.

Mr Moose

No way the loading is 6 seconds on xbox is it? I didn't notice at all. Felt like 2 to 3 seconds. Ps5 is fast as fuck, you don't even get to see the type writer! Amazing.
I haven't seen any loading comparison videos, only thing I did see is a tweet saying that.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I will say though the dualsense is absolutely awful in this game imo. The shotgun and the pistol just feel shite. I don't think the controller works for guns at all, which is weird because it's supposed to be a trigger. Feels poor.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
I will say though the dualsense is absolutely awful in this game imo. The shotgun and the pistol just feel shite. I don't think the controller works for guns at all, which is weird because it's supposed to be a trigger. Feels poor.
I have heard from some users on Resetera controls aim feel imprecise and lagged on series X compared the ps5. Take your poison.

Markio128

I’ve just played the demo (Village) on PS5 and I have to say that I am not keen on this game at all. I understand the survival aspect of the franchise, however, earlier games have always been fun, even when bullets have been scarce. The gunplay just feels poor. I wasted 10 pistol bullets on the Lycans and I may as well have been shooting at a tree, even though at least half of my shots were headshots. Once my bullets ran out I proceeded to stab one of them about 10 times to no avail. I had literally no fun whatsoever and immediately switched it off and deleted the demo.

I played and enjoyed RE7 in VR and the 1st person view obviously made sense, but it just doesn’t feel right to me In this game.

I hate being a Debbie downer, but this game just isn’t for me. I think I’ll save my cash for the Mass Effect trilogy.

assurdum

Banned
I’ve just played the demo (Village) on PS5 and I have to say that I am not keen on this game at all. I understand the survival aspect of the franchise, however, earlier games have always been fun, even when bullets have been scarce. The gunplay just feels poor. I wasted 10 pistol bullets on the Lycans and I may as well have been shooting at a tree, even though at least half of my shots were headshots. Once my bullets ran out I proceeded to stab one of them about 10 times to no avail. I had literally no fun whatsoever and immediately switched it off and deleted the demo.

I played and enjoyed RE7 in VR and the 1st person view obviously made sense, but it just doesn’t feel right to me In this game.

I hate being a Debbie downer, but this game just isn’t for me. I think I’ll save my cash for the Mass Effect trilogy.
I never tried the demo but aim in RE7 is intended to be "particular". To take your shot, you don't have to take aim at the first try; first you need to lock the crosshair to the enemy, pressing the dorsal button, now the enemy is on the target wait the crosshair disappear then re-push again the dorsal button, don't release this time, move slightly the analogue stick until you find your spot for your shot and then "bang". At least in RE7 worked like that for me

Last edited:

Fredrik

I liked the castle demo, felt more like Resident Evil to me. Still not convinced though, the price is kinda high where I’m at, $85. Bought Assassin’s Creed Unity for about 10 bucks instead to try fps boost.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Ok is it me or has the player impressions on the demos been pretty mixed? People seem to be either really digging it, or not.

Calm down its only a few months into the generation and all these games are cross platform. Lets wait until we have some next gen only games to see if the extra horsepower is noticeable.
Why are you telling me to clam down? You are the one who came in here playing the victim card based on some ludicrous straw man that you concocted.

Mr Moose

You know times are hard when a random Pakistani Twitter account with 0 source and a pretty visible bias is posted TWICE in two pages.

uGpANqV.jpg
The fps checks out, we need some load time comparison videos though. From what's been said in here, it's really fast on PS5.
The game should be able to be pre-loaded so file size should be available.

assurdum

Banned
Maybe he doesn't feel a difference cause hes not a complete dweeb focused on miniscule things that make no difference as to whether the game will be fun or not
Are you kidding? It's a miniscule things if aim felt more imprecise on series X? If you are interested about the issue there are other 3 users in the same thread who have a conversation where explain what is it about and surely are not ps5 fanboy. It seems something relative to the semi automatic mode setting and they hope it's just on the demo or at least covered by DF in time to report to capcom.

Last edited:

FlyyGOD

Why are you telling me to clam down? You are the one who came in here playing the victim card based on some ludicrous straw man that you concocted.
Stop it , you've seen all back slapping and high fives in the chat whenever ps5 has any advantages no matter how miniscule. Both systems are too new into the generation to make any conclusions on any sort of superiority.

JackMcGunns

PS5 having a .23 advantage is a big deal because it obviously has slightly weaker hardware.

XsX having a .23 advantage is not a big deal because the gain is disproportionate to XsX's HW advantage.

Why can't ahem.... people understand this?

Remember when every other thread was about how the PS5 had a 90% advantage in SSD speed? Suddenly no one wants to talk about the minuscule difference in load times :messenger_grinning_sweat:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Remember when every other thread was about how the PS5 had a 90% advantage in SSD speed? Suddenly no one wants to talk about the minuscule difference in load times :messenger_grinning_sweat:

we don’t talk about the ssd anymore. Don’t bring it up But to be fair the loading is near instant on ps5.

Last edited:
Stop it , you've seen all back slapping and high fives in the chat whenever ps5 has any advantages no matter how miniscule. Both systems are too new into the generation to make any conclusions on any sort of superiority.
I dont understand your response. Who the heck are you talking to?

You have to admit the PS5 is doing crazy things when it comes to the I/O with Ratchet. There is a difference there but you have to decide for yourself if it's noticeable. Really curious to see what the streaming capabilities are like.

So in other words XSX can never 'win' a face off then?.
No, if it wins by a wide and unquestionable margin (20% to 40% depending on who made the assessment before launch).

Any time the difference is below 20% it's a PR loss.

Equal, or functionally equivalent, would normally not annoy anyone anyway, so why don't you accept it?

Like, nobody should celebrate or be sad about this kind of result now that we have seen how these comparisons turn out since the beginning of the gen, at least not at this point... Unless you got an S obviously,there is no reason for this box to exist.

You didn't read all the talk from the Sony faithful back then did you. I distinctly remember that XSX performance was so bad that they were hiding it and couldn't show anything running on it. For a while there XSX didn't do RT (or just did it like a GPU that didn't support the feature, like the GTX1000 series) and the SSD was really only 1GB/s and they were just lying about the 2.4/GBs. XSX went through that elongated GCN period as well. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I'm sorry, what alternative universe do you live in? After all specs were revealed, that's when the FUD really kicked in. Even before then, MS was the first one to reveal their console, which lead Xbox fans to go crazy with FUD about the PS5 being the real one behind schedule. That it was running hot and loud, so they were afraid to reveal it. PS5 was the one accused of not being able to do RT, even after Cerny had to confirm it 2 or 3 times. It was only RDNA 1.5, after all, and they must have meant just using ray tracing for sound. The XSX was the real deal. Completely RDNA 2.0, and was going to show us an advantage of 20%-40% in real world performance. So, no wonder PS fans were laughing their asses off when PS5 was winning comparisons. Or after the "tools arrived" has been performing on par with the "monster eating" beast of a console.

JackMcGunns

Credit is given where credit is due. MS touted their console as the most powerful system on the planet. Then specsheets came out and Xbox had a TF advantage. Then in reality Xbox doesn't win or barely wins comparisons. This is where it backfires. PS5 was supposed to run 1440p max, be considerably weaker etc. In reality it isn't. Raw power isn't everything, PS5 has some tricks up its sleeve Xbox hasn't. They're both rather equal. Which is probably also a demand by third parties to begin with.

In the grand scheme of things its just silly. Its about 1.8TF, its about 3 frames per second. Or a few less pixels. Both consoles are powerful, I guess more powerful than PS4 and X1 were in 2013, but in terms of raw power also quite behind PC tech already because of Nvidia beasting. I'm not a PC gamer but I can imagine RTX owners looking at this fighting over 1.8 TF with a funny face.

First generation multiplatform game with a parity clause contract is supposed to show the difference.

Destiny PS4 vs Xbox One.

Both 1080p
Both 30fps.

OMG 😱. Xbox One killed it!! Where’s the 40% difference? What an embarrassment!!

Exactly how some of you sound right now 🤡

Md Ray

I'm watching the new NXG video, hopefully he has a test for it.

Edit: Skimmed through it but didn't see any load times.

Was watching the vid. Maybe it deserves its own thread?

This really stood out to me. Both output 900p but the one on the left is native and on the right is using reconstruction technique. Crazy how at lower resolutions the reconstruction method looks quite awful compared to when using them at higher resolutions like 1800p, 2160p.

QooOn0t.png

Top Bottom