• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ VG Tech] Riders Republic PS5 & Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Test

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Clearly more optimization was spent on the XSX, i cant wait to see what the PS5 version would look like with the extra optimization time.

This is a joke.
Nah it's the 44%extra digleydoos on the Rops on the X. You try finding a game hitting 4k using the doogieroogie engine doing that and until you do it means I'm right.

Shmunter

You need to watch the DF video. There is a level of detail on the XSS version of the game the X1X doesn't have. The XSS is every bit the current gen consoles minus resolution. It has less RAM but every feature present on the XSX minus the optical drive it has. I guess it's cool to knock the console that is $200 less for some odd reason. It's pretty golden seeing the savings.

I'm clearly stating the negativity around the XSS is completely disingenuous. It is plenty capable and there are several examples.

As shown above people simply don't know what they are talking about but enjoy attacking the budget console for reasons.
I have watched it but I will watch it again and report back incase I missed something

dcmk7

Banned
Don't get why third party studios get so much stick. They have to do the best they can with the time and resources they have got.

If it was just an issue with 3rd party then all first party titles would be hitting Jason Ronald's prediction, that gamers will enjoy the same experience just at a lower resolution.. but unfortunately we've already seen firsty party titles missing things such as RT (Doom Eternal).. and more pop-in and lower resolutions in Forza Horizon 5 (810p).

Poor resolution and/or missing features aren't just exclusive to 3rd party studios. If first party can't get parity then what chance do 3rd party studios have when working on multiple platforms?

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Don't get why third party studios get so much stick. They have to do the best they can with the time and resources they have got.

If it was just an issue with 3rd party then all first party titles should be hitting Jason Ronald's prediction, that gamers will enjoy the same experience just at a lower resolution.. but unfortunately we've already seen firsty party titles missing things such as RT (Doom Eternal).. and more pop-in and low resolutions in Forza Horizon 5 (810p).

Poor resolution and/or missing features aren't just exclusive to 3rd party studios. If first party can't get parity what chance has 3rd party studios working on multiple platforms?

What Jason Ronald also said before launch,

"Developers have a whole host of different techniques, whether that’s changing the resolution of their title, things like dynamic resolution scaling frame to frame — that’s something we’ve seen a lot of adoption of, especially towards the end of this generation,” explains Ronald. “And obviously the ability to enable and display different visual effects, without actually affecting the fundamental gameplay.”

That's exactly what RT is, a visual affect.

MonarchJT

Banned
XsS may run at 60 vs X1x, but it is at lower fidelity, detail and resolution. It’s not all golden.
who buy the xss are 1080p users or people that honestly doesn't care about res and surely they are people who wouldn't complain about frame drops either.
People know that Ms sell the sx for the graphics whores like us ?

Last edited:

If it was just an issue with 3rd party then all first party titles would be hitting Jason Ronald's prediction, that gamers will enjoy the same experience just at a lower resolution.. but unfortunately we've already seen firsty party titles missing things such as RT (Doom Eternal).. and more pop-in and lower resolutions in Forza Horizon 5 (810p).

Poor resolution and/or missing features aren't just exclusive to 3rd party studios. If first party can't get parity then what chance do 3rd party studios have when working on multiple platforms?
MwMCEor.png

Shmunter

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned

Riky

$MSFT

Riky

$MSFT
Stop trolling. I linked the article, quote it. Sheesh,, rabid warriors…can’t even handle comparisons within their own system family.
You're the one trolling, firstly this isn't the Forza thread.

Secondly the article you quote says this when comparing 30fps modes,

"The final graphics 'tier' is delivered on the new consoles in their quality modes, which run at 30fps. However, thanks to low input lag and a phenomenal motion blur implementation with a nigh-on perfect shutter speed, this 30fps mode is the best I've seen. That's combined with an increase to fidelity that is simply sensational: level of detail transitions are handled more adeptly, making them barely noticeable in most cases, emphasising the integrity of the world Playground is rendering. It counts for a lot. World density is on another level - particularly in foliage heavy scenes."

Take your trolling to the correct thread and get your facts right.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games

Most games retail at the same price so why should they get a pass.

Shmunter

You're the one trolling, firstly this isn't the Forza thread.

Secondly the article you quote says this when comparing 30fps modes,

"The final graphics 'tier' is delivered on the new consoles in their quality modes, which run at 30fps. However, thanks to low input lag and a phenomenal motion blur implementation with a nigh-on perfect shutter speed, this 30fps mode is the best I've seen. That's combined with an increase to fidelity that is simply sensational: level of detail transitions are handled more adeptly, making them barely noticeable in most cases, emphasising the integrity of the world Playground is rendering. It counts for a lot. World density is on another level - particularly in foliage heavy scenes."

Take your trolling to the correct thread and get your facts right.
Quoting complete irrelevant info to the texture matter covering your misinformation troll attempt. Nice one.

And trying to spin texture quality is related to framerate? Lol

Stop trolling. I linked the article, quote it. Sheesh,, rabid warriors…can’t even handle comparisons within their own system family.
Saying One X has higher settings when Series S runs at 60 fps, while One X runs at 30 fps is a bit disingenuous. It's like that other troll who is massively concerned about low resolutions on XSS when the XSS is pushing 60 fps with RTGI, or 120 fps in some modes while last gen consoles push basic 30 fps 🤭

Shmunter

Saying One X has higher settings when Series S runs at 60 fps, while One X runs at 30 fps is a bit disingenuous. It's like that other troll who is massively concerned about low resolutions on XSS when the XSS is pushing 60 fps with RTGI, or 120 fps in some modes while last gen consoles push basic 30 fps 🤭
Yes, one x has higher settings and Series S can run at 60. Have you ever heard of the phrase “two things can be true at the same time”?

Yes, one x has higher settings and Series S can run at 60. Have you ever heard of the phrase “two things can be true at the same time”?
The One X doesn't have higher settings when you compare the same modes (as anyone who isn't a disingenuous troll would do), at least afaik. One X has slightly higher resolution, but lower details. Maybe Riky can confirm since he has all the consoles.

Riky

$MSFT
The One X doesn't have higher settings when you compare the same modes (as anyone who isn't a disingenuous troll would do), at least afaik. One X has slightly higher resolution, but lower details. Maybe Riky can confirm since he has all the consoles.
That's exactly the case, the Series S version is superior in detail when you compare the 30fps modes. There is no point comparing the 60fps mode as that doesn't exist on One X and if it did would obviously need to be dialled back further.

dcmk7

Banned
XSS is pushing 60 fps with RTGI
Whoever might have said that - the context is important, shouldn't tell half a story it's a bit disingenuous.

Since you highlighted RTGI, I can only assume you're talking about Metro.. It does run at 60fps, that's true, but to achieve that feat they had to make huge compromises: reducing resolution down to 512p (IIRC) and it's also looks significantly different to the XSX version.

I don't know how ended up with talk of other games.. maybe we should all stick to the topic though.

yamaci17

Whoever might have said that - the context is important, shouldn't tell half a story it's a bit disingenuous.

Since you highlighted RTGI, I can only assume you're talking about Metro.. It does run at 60fps, that's true, but to achieve that feat they had to make huge compromises: reducing resolution down to 512p (IIRC) and it's also looks significantly different to the XSX version.

I don't know how ended up with talk of other games.. maybe we should all stick to the topic though.
well they will use the "its a momentary dip, does not count" card whenever you say that, it is practically why I stopped going up against them. they cannot provide any solid evidence over my claims, yet they will keep using this excuse. just like how i claim that it mostly runs between 512p and 650p, but can't prove it either. but at least I can clearly see that image is nowhere near 720p, let alone 900-1080p. unless DF or VG tech manages to find a way to give us resolution averages over a healthy gameplay time (like 30 minutes), these discussions will never end or reach to a conclusion.

whichever video I've watched about it, the series s image always looked horrificly low resolution. none of the images I've seen cannot be anything above 600p. its unrealistic to expect anything above that either with only 20 RT cores and 20 CUs, whereas 52 CU+52 RT core SX is hardly pushing a 1080p-1200p average at 60 FPS

one funny fact is though, some of them came to believe that I'm a sony fanboy that loves his PS5, yet i never owned any PlayStation console ever, and I hate sony and their consoles and their franchises with a burning passion. on the other end of spectrum, I like sx, its capabilities, and its ecosystem. I don't hate series s either, i just call a spade a spade. i'd gladly use one, but i wouldn't gloat with it claiming its capable of 60 FPS RT GI, when the image is rendered at sub xbox 360 resolutions

Last edited:

Shmunter

I don't get it, you're literally quoting the DF's article.

But not quite sure how ended up talking about FH5, of all things.
There was a conversation where someone proclaimed lazy devs on Riders Republic because look at Forza on Series S. On which you bumped by replying to me no?

Riky

$MSFT
well they will use the "its a momentary dip, does not count" card whenever you say that, it is practically why I stopped going up against them. they cannot provide any solid evidence over my claims, yet they will keep using this excuse. just like how i cannot prove that it runs at 512p constantly, but i cannot prove it either. but at least I can clearly see that image is nowhere near 720p, let alone 900-1080p

whichever video I've watched about it, the series s image always looked horrificly low resolution. none of the images I've seen cannot be anything above 600p. its unrealistic to expect anything above that either with only 20 RT cores and 20 CUs, whereas 52 CU+52 RT core SX is hardly pushing a 1080p-1200p average at 60 FPS

What's this got to do with Riders Republic? You're talking about a game that falls below 1080p on one 4k machine, it's not a big surprise that a machine around a third as powerful falls way further, it's actually pretty obvious.
Maybe the mods should do something about every comparison thread having the same Jason Ronald selective quote spammed over and over that causes these derailments.

dcmk7

Banned
that causes these derailments.
This big derailment seems to be caused by this post.. bringing in FH5 performance and criticising 3rd party titles:

Every single time without fail if there is a poorly optimized 3rd party title on the XSS people blame the XSS hardware. People are silent when games like Forza Horizon 5 hit and it has better detail and performance than the X1X

Doesn't mention Riders Republic or anything related.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

What's this got to do with Riders Republic? You're talking about a game that falls below 1080p on one 4k machine, it's not a big surprise that a machine around a third as powerful falls way further, it's actually pretty obvious.
Maybe the mods should do something about every comparison thread having the same Jason Ronald selective quote spammed over and over that causes these derailments.

Honestly, I was amazed they got something as playable as they did with Metro, that type of lighting wasn't something I was expecting to see on XSS.

DaGwaphics

Back on topic. The one thing that surprises me is that they didn't leave a 30fps mode in tact on the current-gen machines. Probably wouldn't have seen the gaming media point out the 60fps frame rate fluctuations as much if it was a "bonus" mode.

dcmk7

Banned
Posts 53, 63 and 64 start bringing up other games before the one you quoted, one of those posts is by you.
Not really.

Seems to be related to Riders Republic.

The big derail seems to have started from the post I quoted.

Kssio_Aug

This big derailment seems to be caused by this post.. bringing in FH5 performance and criticising 3rd party titles:

Doesn't mention Riders Republic or anything related.
Dude... every time I see you posting you're either trolling (mostly something related to the Series S btw) or throwing baits at DarkMage619 DarkMage619 , and then playing dumb.

Ok, we understand you don't like the Series S, you make it very clear.

lane kiffin roll GIF

dcmk7

Banned
Dude... every time I see you posting you're either trolling (mostly something related to the Series S btw) or throwing baits at DarkMage619 DarkMage619 , and then playing dumb.

Ok, we understand you don't like the Series S, you make it very clear.

lane kiffin roll GIF

By commenting on analysis.. on a public forum?

Have you got an actual point about the analysis.. or would rather throw labels at people actually wanting to discuss the performance?

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It was more that first party studios are having to make the same sort of compromises as third party. But third party seem to get more stick imo.

I completely agree, Demons souls dropped raytracing and is 1440p to hit 60FPS. Returnal is 1080p internally on the ps5 with no raytracing and can't hold a steady 60 fps. It's like every company is having issues. Halo does't have raytracing either and has 30FPS animations on some of the stuff.

It's better to mention all platforms have issues with development. ;)

Kssio_Aug

By commenting on analysis.. on a public forum?

Have you got an actual point about the analysis.. or would rather throw labels at people actually wanting to discuss the performance?
Yeah, sure. You're really concerned about debating the technical aspects of the Xbox Series S. You're not at all acting with cynicism and deliberately throwing baits mentioning "problems" only with Xbox titles/hardware while ignoring everything else. I believe in you. I'm sure this is not just a fun little game of yours. I mean, you're using an Xbox related avatar after all, you have to be an unbiased person.

Oh nah, there has been a few titles which have seen lower numbers.

Off the top of my head.. Metro Exodus was low 500's and The Medium & Watch Dogs were mid 600's.

I am certain there are more too but can't remember. Looks a fun little game.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
Yeah, sure. You're really concerned about debating the technical aspects of the Xbox Series S. You're not at all acting with cynicism and deliberately throwing baits mentioning "problems" only with Xbox titles. I believe in you. I'm sure this is not just a fun little game of yours.
Why does me replying to someone answering their question and then saying it looks a fun game offend you exactly?

Actually don't worry about it - it's not important.

If like to actually discuss the topic by all means.. no point derailing this thread anymore.

They haven't pointed out.. well.. anything really, just thrown a label that haven't been able to substantiate.

It seems certain users here will rather silence any discussion that they don't agree with rather than actually make a point that's on topic.
No.
You shit on dark for derailment, but your post was basically the exact same thing. Adding "game looks fun" to the end doesn't change it.

dcmk7

Banned
No.
You shit on dark for derailment, but your post was basically the exact same thing. Adding "game looks fun" to the end doesn't change it.
No. I answered someone's question about whether this title is the lowest resolution game on Series S.

Which it isn't by quite a margin.

sendit

Top Bottom